hi ladies

firstbaby9573

Reaction score
Hey ladies, unexpectely I find myself joinin your group weeks before I thout I would!
I has am emergency v section on Tuesday lunchtime and both my twin girls were born weighing 3.6lbs and 4.1lbs! at 32 weeks gestation
before I had to meet thrn they were ofcourse whisked awsy to the baby unit for help with berthing

led then 24 hours later both little ladies are breathing for themselves 90 % of the time. ( except when they are in such a deep sleep they forget )

babies have both started having milk through a tube which they are handling pretty well too

I couldn't be prouder of my little girls

Congratulations on your little girls! :)

Thanks ladies- sorry about the awful spelling I was using my phone and it changed everything

Any advice for surviving weeks without your bubbas

iv no suggestions for that hun as my son was a late term prem. He did do 3 weeks in intensive care/high dependancy from 12 days till 5 weeks and i couldnt stay with him. The best advice i can give is spend as much time at the nicu as you can.. i sat by Rohans bed from 8am till 8pm every single day he was there. Think of something you like doing for at night when your not there.. for me it was watching a dvd. If your close to home have people around you to support you through it... i was a long way from home and away from my husband and elder children and i think that got me worse than not being with baby xx

My house is only 10 mins away from the unit luckily but I just feel so useless and when I go there there is literally nothjng I can do bur ot there n look at them. I kno over time we will start to do nope n top n tail etc but they are only 3 days old. I just feel useless and also feel like everyone knows my daughter and I dont actually know anything about them

Aww Hun ask the nurses questions. I am pretty sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the girls. I get the whole feeling useless thing... The first week Rohan was in icu I couldn't hold him so I just always had a hand/finger on his head and it helped feel like I still had a connection with him. There were two days I wasn't allowed to touch him at all and those were the worst but I still knew he could hear me so I talked/sang to him so he knew I was still there for him. Your never doing nothing... Although your not physically doing something your girls will know you are there and that is the most important thing. Take lots and lots of photos as well so you can see their progress. Xx

Congratulations :) the SCBU mine were in let me go down or ring up any time of day or night to see them. I took blan kets in from home once they were out of incubaitors and swapped. The blankets over with fresh ones after a few days and took the others back home as it had there scent on and i would pretty much cuddle the blankets! Lol! Took lots of pictures and videos. Nurses taught me how to tube feed so I could help with that when I was there.

Congratulations! Rio was a 32 weeker and he was in for 7 long weeks. I was there from 7am til his midnight feed every single day, leaving for just a hour between 7-8pm for nurse changeover. It was diffucult and I felt like the road was never ending but we got there. I hope your babies are home with you soon. Xx

I found expressing for my babies helped as it was the one thing only I could do for them. Also I never missed ward rounds, meant I was always up to date on the plan of care and had a chance to ask questions, and have my input if I needed it (with the number of nurse handovers and people taking care of your baby they ask the parents for the answer to a question a surprising amount).

I'm still on the ward myself due to high blood pressure still so I have to make sure I'm here at certain times, I'm also expressing so that's good coz it gives me a task.
We have just started doing nappies ect as they have just home yo the low dependency bit which is nice so I try to be there for nappy changing times etc .
They said they may be able to go home in two weeks :)
I really hope so they are doing so well x

I found expressing for my babies helped as it was the one thing only I could do for them. Also I never missed ward rounds, meant I was always up to date on the plan of care and had a chance to ask questions, and have my input if I needed it (with the number of nurse handovers and people taking care of your baby they ask the parents for the answer to a question a surprising amount).

Oooh I second this. I never missed a ward round! It's the one time where your definitely going to hear everything. There was two a day in the picu.

That's fab Hun the two weeks will fly by! Xx

That's great that they have said that. Sounds like your babies are doing great. But please don't set a date in your head. Our NICU told us Rio would be home by 35 weeks 'guaranteed' so when that time came and he wasn't ready I was really disheartened and those extra 4 weeks felt like even longer. I aimed for my due date and we got out 6 days before thankfully. X

I'm trying not to pin my hopes on them being ready.
I'm just trying to think thru the small hurdles like the breathing for themselves and the sleep abnias (can't spell) reflux etc
ready to try breast feeding next week so once that's established I know it's just making sure all those bits stay together ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->