Hi Newbie TTC number 2 on CD9 anyone want to share a journey!

Hi ladies I'm Kirsty was wondering if I could join, me and dh are trying for our 3rd baby, I came of the pill in January and this is my first cycle, I'm on cd17 and had a pretty dark opk today hoping for a positive tomorrow :thumbup:
Hey Kirsty nice to chat to you, a few of us have had a big positive today and are busy BDing and keeping our fingers crossed! Hoping you are lucky too and looking forward to chatting and keeping each other sane! Love Elaine xx

Hi Kate,
I also tend to take mine around mid-day. Think I may just stick to doing the one a day for now as I always seem to get a dark (ish) with my first then when I do another in the evening it is lighter so I'm getting sooooo confused! I did have some watery CM yesterday. Haven't had any EWCM yet though. I don't think I usually get much of this unless I just didn't notice it before as I wasn't looking for signs. My phone is rubbish. It's a Samsung and takes rubbish pics. I'm going to try and take a pic tomorrow with a different setting on the camera and see if that works! Good idea about not telling the OH about O. It must take the pressure off a bit. Think I've frightened DH a bit telling him we have to BD everyday when I'm O. Think he's finding it a bit of a chore at the moment. I must admit, I am too. Were only doing it every other day for now. I love this thread too! It's lovely to speak with ladies in the same situation. We all know how each other are feeling :hugs: xx

Hi ladies I'm Kirsty was wondering if I could join, me and dh are trying for our 3rd baby, I came of the pill in January and this is my first cycle, I'm on cd17 and had a pretty dark opk today hoping for a positive tomorrow :thumbup:
Welcome Kirsty :flower: xx

Hi Kate,
I also tend to take mine around mid-day. Think I may just stick to doing the one a day for now as I always seem to get a dark (ish) with my first then when I do another in the evening it is lighter so I'm getting sooooo confused! I did have some watery CM yesterday. Haven't had any EWCM yet though. I don't think I usually get much of this unless I just didn't notice it before as I wasn't looking for signs. My phone is rubbish. It's a Samsung and takes rubbish pics. I'm going to try and take a pic tomorrow with a different setting on the camera and see if that works! Good idea about not telling the OH about O. It must take the pressure off a bit. Think I've frightened DH a bit telling him we have to BD everyday when I'm O. Think he's finding it a bit of a chore at the moment. I must admit, I am too. Were only doing it every other day for now. I love this thread too! It's lovely to speak with ladies in the same situation. We all know how each other are feeling :hugs: xx

I totally know what you mean about freaking DH out, mine is exact same but just does what he is told!! It's great that we are all about the same stage and I hope we all go on to join an AN club together! Just thinking IF we are successfull we will be having 2013 babies! How mad?? (Must not get hopes up xx)

Laura, its Laura I remember Pattypea!! So we also have Kirsty, Kate and me (Elaine) so far! Have I missed anyone?! Trying to get to know names as feel I know you guys so well already!

xx[/QUOTE]
I agree i love this forum too as I really feel I have met people who understand me! Good idea not telling the DH, what a lovely surprise it will be if you get a BFP in 2 weeks or so! I hhave told DH everything and showed him my sticks 15 million times as I am so excited lol. We have been BD every day more or less this week so I'm hoping we have covered enough bases. Will BD again tomorrow and next day to be safe and keep fingers crossed it has worked! Im am soo not wanting to get my hopes up but suppose its hard. Whats meant to be will be but after the MC in February I feel its time we had some good luck!
Good luck with the BDing and keep posting! Let me know how its going xx[/QUOTE]

Ooh, Id love to surprise him!! Especially since we'd be on holiday too! I know what you mean about not getting your hope's up, but it is so hard especially when you have got a positive opk as well, it makes it feel so real!!

Oh, just a quick question, I have had cramps ALL day today, at first i thought i was imagining it and put it to the back of my mind but they feel exactly like af cramps and they have been constant for the past 6 hours or so! I thought ovulation pains were more like twinges (even though i've never personally experienced any sort of ovulation pains) Have you even had this? At one point, id convinced myself that i was getting af because they felt exactly the same?? :wacko: But i just cant be, it must be so surely its something to do with ovulation? xx

I reckon it probably is OV cramps, I don't get cramps but def get twinge like pains. It's only since MC that I am in tune with OV pains etc. I have read a lot of places that OV signs can be same as AF signs and PG signs hence why it is so complicated trying to work out whats happening with your body! Try not to stress it's prob your body gearing up for the big O! Let us know how you are feeling tomorrow and get BDing!

Where is everyone from? I am from Ayrshire in Scotland and Im 32 xx

Hi Kirsty and welcome! :hi:
It Looks like were all around the same, I'm on cd 17 today too and had a positive opk late this morning! I'm feeling quite optimistic so far this month, especially because last month i didn't ovulate till around cd37ish! Here's to bring some luck to us all!!
Kate xx

Oh, just another question :dohh:

So, if i have got a positive today and i should ovulate within the next 12-36 hours, meaning i should probably of ovulated by tomorrow evening, am i to class Friday as been 1dpo?? Or tomorrow as 1dpo? I just wish your wee turned purple when you have ovulated and turned blue when we fell pregnant!! Totally saves on all the guessing work!! :thumbup:
xx

I know what u mean, unsure as to when is 1do but last month i counted it from when I noticed opk go negative but I but confused as you OV after surge so does that mean u Ov with negative test? Sorry think I may have added to confusion not helped!!!

Haha, I'm glad i'm not the only one confused! I think il just count fri as 1dpo because i've not got anymore opk's to test to see when they will turn negative!
xx

Hey girls, having a panic and hoping I am being silly. We BD last night due to postive OV stick and I set my alarm early this morning so that we could BD again as dont want to miss surge but DH said was sore and too tired :-(. We have been trying every day for last week and did do it last night (about 8pm) so do you think I will have covered all bases?? DH said will be ok tonight he says but i'm worried will be too late by then! Havent done another OV stick today, will do one at lunch and let you know if it's still positive. Actually if it is still positive does that mean I haven't OVd yet so still time? Think im just panicking as dont want to miss any opportunity!! HELP!! Thanks girls, so glad to have somewhere to vent xxx

Quick lunchtime update to my moan this morning! DH was fine and home on my lunchbreak so we had a quick BD lol! Oh and lines darker than ever so feeling much more positive!! How is everyone else getting on? xx

Hi everyone. I done an OPK at lunch time today and it's slightly darker than yesterday but still not positive! Nearly but not quite. I'm on CD 17 today. I'm really hoping I get it before CD 20. I don't want another long cycle :nope:
Elaine- I think you have def covered all of your bases but I'd carry on BD daily over the next couple of days as you usually O 12-36 hrs after your surge!
Oh and by the way- I'm from Reading, Berkshire and I'm 28 xx

Hi ladies well yesterday i had quite dark opk and tender stomach, i tested this morning and what do you think, ive tested this afternoon and the opk's are fading, so what do you think?

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 11
Hey Ladies,
Elaine, your doing great, your DH sperm will need about 24 hours to build back up anyway so they say no more than everyday anyway! We have only been bd every other day this cycle and then last night and tonight because we had a positive!

Laura, don't worry that your opk isn't quite positive yet, it's obviously heading in the right direction since it's getting darker! I know what you mean about having another long cycle, it's so frustrating, i hate it!

And Me, I'm still getting some ewcm so i'm hopefully going to bd again tonight, dh is getting suspicious that i'm not just turning over and heading off to sleep each night! :haha: I've got no idea if i have ovulated yet but if my cm has changed tomorrow i will be counting tomorrow from 1dpo!
I'm from Richmond and i'm 28!

Also, are we staying on this thread during the 2ww instead of moving over to the actual 2ww section??
xx

Hi ladies well yesterday i had quite dark opk and tender stomach, i tested this morning and what do you think, ive tested this afternoon and the opk's are fading, so what do you think?

Hey Kirsty, that pic is looking good to me! If the one's you have done previous to that one have started fading, then i would say the you probably caught the end of your surge with that test you posted! My stomach was cramping all day yesterday too, like af cramps?? I've never noticed ovulation cramps/pains before so this really baffled me! I have had them on and off today but nowhere near as bad as yest? I'm going to bd again tonight to cover my bases! xx

Thanks shepl923
sorry i havent kept up with names yet, my test before that were getting darker, the one i posted is the darkest one and now there fading :shrug: with my other two children i had ovulation cramps when trying for them both lasting about 5 days, i would find my surge then the next day the pain would of dissapeared and good luck happy :sex: everyone

do you think the test was positive

Thanks shepl923
sorry i havent kept up with names yet, my test before that were getting darker, the one i posted is the darkest one and now there fading :shrug: with my other two children i had ovulation cramps when trying for them both lasting about 5 days, i would find my surge then the next day the pain would of dissapeared and good luck happy :sex: everyone

do you think the test was positive

I would say you test is 'almost' positive! The test line looks slightly lighter than the control line to me? So if the tests are getting lighter now then maybe you had your surge through the night and you caught the end of it?? Its all so confusing, i wish it was easier! :wacko:
Oh, and i'm Kate by the way! :winkwink: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->