HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you planning on spending it on??? not heard one person say food?? hospital bags and baby bits are not '' health in pregnancy '' .. who cares if its 30 weeks or 36 weeks.. you WILL get it so you shouldnt complain!!! nobody is messing anyone about its a bleeding '' delay!! '' theyre not doing it on purpose they cant help it!! you have applied so you will get it.

i absolutely agree, is it not our responsibility to be healthy in pregnancy anyway? ok so you cant apply until 25 weeks, so did noone take care of themselves until that point and then it suddenly become the responsibiltiy of the government?

hi i totaly agree with this, i still havent received mine but im looking at it as a bonus and just going to keep it to buy clothes for my lil one later on, as for everyons saying its a health in pregnancy grant yes it is, but surely u all looked after yourself before u were 25 weeks, im very grateful for this extra money as both my partner and myself r on low wages, but we have budgeted for evrything we need.

I dont get why everyone is getting so worked up about something that wasnt even around before April!!!
How do you think people managed before???
They could stop it at any time..... You dont need that much for hospital bags its not loads of money!!!

Wow, poor Kayleigh&bump! Didn't realise this was the sort of place you'd get your head bitten off for expressing an opinion!

Have only recently joined this forum and reading this thread has kind of made me wish I hadn't bothered, some of the comments are just mean! None of us has any idea about other people's circumstances, making statements about other people's finances and what they can do each week is wrong,since we have no idea and can only speak for ourselves and our own circumstances.

For the record, I'm very grateful for the money and expected to have to wait for it but I think the system they use for processing claims is poor. You get given a claim form and stamped addressed envelope so why not barcode each envelope so that immediately it's received you can be told that it's gotten there safely? Instead of what currently happens which is weeks of waiting not actually knowing whether it's there at all?

just as an example (dont bite my head off as i can see everyones VALID point here) my ex pays maintance through the CSA, i wasnt reciving it and was getting pissed around, one letter to my MP and the moneys in my bank the following week?? so writting to them does help. I understand this is noones fault, these things happen, its xmas and royal mail are shocking, but this is the first year theye brought this idea out and its clearly not going to plan and they need to look into it so it doesnt happen every time the royal mail have a strike, everytime there is a baby boom or its xmas!!
But you are right its nice theyre giving us "FREE MONEY" as u call it, but its not free im sure the HUGE amount of tax i pay contributed. They shouldnt bring these ideas out if they cant manage it!

Nobody is being 'mean' We all have opinions. Kaileigh&Bump was obv upset about it as she was worried about not being ready and we have all tried to help suggest things to make that easier. The original post was about someone complaining to the sun about it being delayed. Thats whats ridic. It doesnt matter about peoples circumstances, im the first to put my hand up and say i need any money i can get. But i think moaning to the press about a delay outwith their control is ridic.

She didnt get her head bitten off she actually got a lot of help and advice after expressing her concerns.

just as an example (dont bite my head off as i can see everyones VALID point here) my ex pays maintance through the CSA, i wasnt reciving it and was getting pissed around, one letter to my MP and the moneys in my bank the following week?? so writting to them does help. I understand this is noones fault, these things happen, its xmas and royal mail are shocking, but this is the first year theye brought this idea out and its clearly not going to plan and they need to look into it so it doesnt happen every time the royal mail have a strike, everytime there is a baby boom or its xmas!!
But you are right its nice theyre giving us "FREE MONEY" as u call it, but its not free im sure the HUGE amount of tax i pay contributed. They shouldnt bring these ideas out if they cant manage it!

Sorry but does that mean every time your benift doesnt get paid or isnt on time you write to your mp? Im sure he has other important things to be doing.

Just asking as youve already wrote to him about your child maintenance and then suggested your going to write to him again about your HIP grant aka FREE MONEY?

Hazel

bexie i see your point but i really think child maintenence is a different matter.. its a lot more serious. this is money being given to people as a help.. shouldnt be writing to newspapers becase theres a delay, theres a delay in benefits all the time.. just gotta keep ringin the number and hounding them.

I think i have to go exit this post to calm down

Hazel

no hazel cos i dont get any BENEFITS i work two jobs!!??

dont you have a pair of pjs you can take for after and wear a hospital gown to have the baby?

loose change.. could of been putting £1 a week aside for the last 2 months..

go without something this month and put some cash aside for a taxi, or arrange a lift from a friend. If you soil the taxi you will get charged.. id ask a friend or family member.

go to poundland and get drinks and snacks. can get packs of 6 or 8 drinks for £1.. vending machines cost £1 for ONE..

there is ways around it to be prepared. If the money comes in before you do need then go on a shopping spree. but you need to be planning without it anyways.

tesco asda and boots all do disposable undies .. theyre also pennies for 5. all this is stuff that you could be also doing bit by bit.. like the baby things. And if you did that then imagine a nice £190 arriving in your acc to go buy something with afterwards...

Hi Ladies, im on a very low wage and ive been registering to receive free stuff from companies, ive got free nappies, breast pads etc, primark do some nice jim jams for £5 and weve also got little bits and bobs from poundland, im due in 7 weeks and saved my boots points for months and got a few things from that,

This is my first child and im as concerned but im looking at the money as a treat, to treat myself to some nice clothes after the birth etc. good luck tho

so why are you moaning to much for the 190? you prob can earn that in a day with 2 jobs...

sorry if that sounds mean.. if you dont need the money then why complain. you will still get it!

I also forgot to mention that i am signed off work 'sick' as due to my illness im not able to work, Im entitled to NO benefits, so basically, with hubbys wage (Soldier... not good money!!) we're paying our bills, inc rent, all household bills, we've almost done the baby's nursery, and got all her clothes, we used ebay ALOT and got loads of bargains! If we've managed with less than £100 SPARE a month..... then surely most people can!!

yeh i could, but just cos i work doesnt mean i shouldnt want it, every little helps doesnt it

so why are you moaning to much for the 190? you prob can earn that in a day with 2 jobs...

sorry if that sounds mean.. if you dont need the money then why complain. you will still get it!

Agreed:haha:

It does sound mean but bexie you work two jobs so obv have more income than what i do and im not moaning about free money?

Hazel

yeh i could, but just cos i work doesnt mean i shouldnt want it, every little helps doesnt it

Now... it does but if you've got money coming in and you KNOW the HIP grant will come sooner or later... then remind me why you're moaning?

yeah but iu dont really have any reason whatsoever to complain about a delay then

Seriously if I go into labour right now I wouldnt give two hoots if i turned up at the delivery suite with my existing pants, pjs and toiletries shoved into an asda carrier bag!

haha :ignore: *bangs head some more*

ADMIN! close this thread we're all getting wound up :dohh: haha

it's something we're all never going to agree on

like swine flu

and vaccinations

and everthing else in life!!! :dohh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics