Holiday in Majorca

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
We are looking to take our first family holiday with a threenager and a toddling baby(will be 18/19months) and have been looking at Cala Millor. What is it like? Is there plenty to do for young children? Does it have a Spanish feel? Is it quiet or busy? And we would like to go self catering, as I feel all inclusive will be wasted on us while the children are so young. So are there plenty of nice restaurants?

We've been to Cala Bona which is the resort next to Cala Millor, and really enjoyed it. The beach at Cala Millor is lovely, and there is a large park with trampolines, go karts, bouncy castle, slides etc. There are plenty of restaurants, but we went AI. We've always loved self catering and trying out different restaurants, but honestly even though you don't think you'd benefit from AI, it was definitely the better option for us. We've been on holiday with a 2 and 1 year old, and then a 3 year old, 2 year old and 10 month old, and it is much less stressful. Started out SC in Majorca and upgraded on the 3rd day. The kids just didn't have the patience to sit in a restaurant and wait to order, then wait for the food, and then wait for us to finish eating. With AI we can get in, get the food and get out! And both times the food was actually really nice. The ice creams/lollies included went down well, and also the amount of drinks that got spilt by the pool, I was glad of being able to go up and replace them without paying out each time. The Holiday Village in Cala Millor looks fab and is somewhere we'd look at going in the future. We stayed at the Protur Bonaire and it was a really lovely place to take a family. It even had a little pond with terrapins in which the kids liked to stop at every day on the way to the pool.

Thank you for your reply, you've really helped me make up my mind to go to the Cala Millie/Bona area. Sounds just what we are looking for!:)

I used to work as a travel agent and I'd have no hesitation going there, however it's not really my cup of tea as we aren't "lie by the pool" people and we need a bit more going on, like being near a big city.

I'd agree with your choice of going self catering. I hate buffet food, even in nice hotels the food is never great, and eating out is a big part of our holiday. Plus, in a buffet I feel like I never see my partner when we have the wee one as we need to take it in turns to stay at the table with the wee one. At least in a proper restaurant the food is served to you. You also get a better feel for the resort if you don't feel you are tied down to the hotel.
You might also struggle a bit more to get all inclusive hotels for next year, apparently with all the sick holiday claims many AI hotels are withdrawing from the British market. Not sure how that will pan out over time but I'd definitely bear it in mind.
I feel that all inclusive hotels kill resorts, none of the local businesses can compete with "free" food and drinks offered by the large chain hotels. It's really sad!

I've just come back from Majorca with my two, we went to Sa Coma and it was lovely.
We did self catering, I've done an all inclusive with them in the past and until they can hold their own plates and get their own meal there is no way I am doing it again.
Breakfast meant 6 trips to get food;
Breakfast juice
Coffee
Kids toast
Kids cereal
My breakfast
My husbands breakfast

One of us waited with the kids at the table and the other would get the food/drinks. By the time we'd done the short queues for each drink/plate of food it seemed like forever and the kids were restless. I'd much rather have my food brought to me or better yet have breakfast in the comfort of my own room where I can get coffee and juice all at the same time, lol.

Thank you both, I agree with the All Inclusive, I do think hotel food has a certain standard and a buffet will limit our time as a family at meals. Our LOs are currently very good at waiting at a restaurant as we eat out a lot in the UK. I also love the going to different restaurants and trying Spanish food. We are looking for a relaxing holiday where we can play in the pool and the beach with the children so I think Cala Millor is for us. Thanks again:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->