Holiday

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Sorry ladies but I just need to get this off my chest

We have booked our holiday :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: 23rd of March 2013 and we are off to Florida again :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am so excited :blush:

So any of you Disney/Florida mad ladies could you give me some info on Discovery Cove please :thumbup: We may book it just for our son who is 15 and I am not sure how it works, there is 4 of us in total so 3 non dolphin swim and 1 Dolphin swim can it be done like that or do you have to have a dolphin swim for each non swim IYKWIM ??

sorry no info on discovery cove but:

:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GL62OB0c1Y

I'm off to Florida on Friday whoop whoop!!

I don't think it's compulsory to do the dolphin swim at discovery cove. It is an amazing place though and the food was gorgeous!

Yeah I've just checked their website and it says day packages are available without the dolphin swim xx

Thanks sabby, never been to USA before and am so excited i could throw up!!

Thanks sabby, never been to USA before and am so excited i could throw up!!

Where are you staying ?? Have you planned to do any park while you are there ?? :flower:

We're staying in a resort in Davenport, so we can do the beaches as well as Disney.
So far we've only planned to do the disney parks as we have 2 toddlers.

Unfortunately have got up today with a toddler with a temperature. Could only happen in holiday week!

Oh now I am jealous :sulk: :sulk: I wannna goooo baaaackkk!!!

discovery cove is a-maz-ing!! you dont have to do the dolphin swim and you will still have an amazing time even if you dont, my favourate part was the snorkling with the tropical fish and sting rays. the food is lovely too. Well jel :haha:

I am so, so, so jealous. We didn't manage to go this year, and it honestly feels like we're missing something massive. Not sure if we'll make it next year either, but really hope we do as it's already been way too long (*ahem*).

Are you planning on doing Disney this time around? From what I remember you didn't do much of the parks last time, did you? You'll have a brilliant time again =D

As for the Discovery Cove question, it's already been answered but I'll confirm it again as well. I've never been myself, but have seen quite a few trip reports on the trusted Dibb with just 1 swim ticket and x amount of non-swim ones. It shouldn't be a problem. You'll be allowed to stand on the beach, and if you're really lucky and get friendly with the trainer they might allow you in the water as well anyway for the family photo. I've heard it happen more than once.

We're staying in a resort in Davenport, so we can do the beaches as well as Disney.
So far we've only planned to do the disney parks as we have 2 toddlers.

Unfortunately have got up today with a toddler with a temperature. Could only happen in holiday week!

Ohhhhhh no, I hope it is nothing :hugs:

I am so, so, so jealous. We didn't manage to go this year, and it honestly feels like we're missing something massive. Not sure if we'll make it next year either, but really hope we do as it's already been way too long (*ahem*).

Are you planning on doing Disney this time around? From what I remember you didn't do much of the parks last time, did you? You'll have a brilliant time again =D

As for the Discovery Cove question, it's already been answered but I'll confirm it again as well. I've never been myself, but have seen quite a few trip reports on the trusted Dibb with just 1 swim ticket and x amount of non-swim ones. It shouldn't be a problem. You'll be allowed to stand on the beach, and if you're really lucky and get friendly with the trainer they might allow you in the water as well anyway for the family photo. I've heard it happen more than once.

We went to Magic Kingdom last year, next year we are doing Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, we are not be Disney fans, we will spend more time at Universal studios as the boys really enjoy it there :)

Oh now I am jealous :sulk: :sulk: I wannna goooo baaaackkk!!!

discovery cove is a-maz-ing!! you dont have to do the dolphin swim and you will still have an amazing time even if you dont, my favourate part was the snorkling with the tropical fish and sting rays. the food is lovely too. Well jel :haha:

I have heard a lot of people say the food is great, this means a lot to me as food is my life :blush::blush: :haha:

Hope you have a great time hun :hugs:

We're looking at booking our first Time to Florida :happydance::happydance:

I was browsing last night and I've found next may to be cheaper than a holiday to somewhere like Egypt so now I'm not stuck :blush:... Not sure if Isabelle will be to young and that it would be a waste:dohh:

Also sorry to hijack lol but what age would you reccomend for first visit, before looking last night we were thinking perhaps 3 maybe 4 but now worrying that still may be to young to enjoy it :blush:

Xxx

Hope you have a great time hun :hugs:

We're looking at booking our first Time to Florida :happydance::happydance:

I was browsing last night and I've found next may to be cheaper than a holiday to somewhere like Egypt so now I'm not stuck :blush:... Not sure if Isabelle will be to young and that it would be a waste:dohh:

Also sorry to hijack lol but what age would you reccomend for first visit, before looking last night we were thinking perhaps 3 maybe 4 but now worrying that still may be to young to enjoy it :blush:

Xxx

Dec was 3.5 when we took him last year and he really enjoyed it, he was a little small for some rides but there was still loads he could do. The only problem would be remembering it, we knew that we would be taking him back when he is 5-6 so we didnt really mind him not remembering his first time, but he forgot quite a lot really quickly, he still remembers the really amazing stuff like the Whale show at Sea World and the rockets at the Kennedy space center but a lot of the little things he has forgotten :( He doesnt really remember Magic Kingdom at all, but the he wasnt really interested in it that much lol I would say 3-4 is ok for them to really enjoy it but they will forget most of it real quick. x

Ahh! I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to Discovery Cove!
Can't wait till my LO's older so I can go! :haha:

I really, really want to go to Discovery cove but I feel bad because Dec cant swim with the Dolphins :( Would it be mean if I decided to go anyway and just Dan swim ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->