Holiday

I really, really want to go to Discovery cove but I feel bad because Dec cant swim with the Dolphins :( Would it be mean if I decided to go anyway and just Dan swim ??

Why couldn't he swim? :flower:

You need to be 6 years of over to swim with the dolphins Anna

I think I'd book it anyway, it's a great experience for your 15 year old and Florida holidays don't come frequent or cheap. Who knows, it could be the last time he'll come with you? Dec will be able to watch or you can take him somewhere else while it's going on. It can be some special 'mummy and Dec' time, to do what he wants to do.

Also have a quick word with the trainer or when you book in, they *can* let younger children in depending on how good a swimmer they are. Also, as mentioned earlier, they might let him join at the very end for the photo and to just have a stroke / kiss with the dolphin if it isn't too busy.

You need to be 6 years of over to swim with the dolphins Anna

I think I'd book it anyway, it's a great experience for your 15 year old and Florida holidays don't come frequent or cheap. Who knows, it could be the last time he'll come with you? Dec will be able to watch or you can take him somewhere else while it's going on. It can be some special 'mummy and Dec' time, to do what he wants to do.

Also have a quick word with the trainer or when you book in, they *can* let younger children in depending on how good a swimmer they are. Also, as mentioned earlier, they might let him join at the very end for the photo and to just have a stroke / kiss with the dolphin if it isn't too busy.

Thanks, I was thinking exactly the same, it may be another 3-4 years before we get back so Dan will be 18/19 and I dont think he will want to go on holiday with mummy and daddy then :haha:

Well so much for trying to plan Discovery Cove, Dan said he would prefer to go to Busch Gardens instead !!!! We didnt go last time as we had heard a few bad reports about it but he has been looking at it on youtube and with him being a rollercoaster freak he said he would prefer a day there.

Me, my partner and my family went to disneyland last year. We went to Discovery cove and had a blast! You get to swim with rays/dolphins, relax in the pool.. Its amazing. x

I have done discovery cove. Brilliant, very commercial though and change a fortune for photos.

My dad and I swam and my mum was a non swim. We could all use the other pools though, just my mum didn't with the dolphin.

You book I like a hotel and given your time slot, your food is included in the price and your Id badges can be updated with card details so you don't need to carry cash with you.

Change of plan then, oh well.. more reason to go back in the future ;)
We don't do roller coasters, and to us Busch Gardens was a big no no. Hated every second there and went back home after only half a day. It's quite a drive to get there, and be warned that due to be near the coast you *will* need insect repellent. We didn't have any and I was constantly fishing flies from my bra, it was disgusting. Very little shade in the park as well. It's supposed to have some good coasters though, so I can see why he'd want to go there if he's into coasters =)

Oh by the way, when we went me, OH, my mum & neice all swam with dolphins but the kids couldnt, we just did the swims seperate times but they did let us all in together for the pictures, even the kids! which I thought was good :)

Change of plan then, oh well.. more reason to go back in the future ;)
We don't do roller coasters, and to us Busch Gardens was a big no no. Hated every second there and went back home after only half a day. It's quite a drive to get there, and be warned that due to be near the coast you *will* need insect repellent. We didn't have any and I was constantly fishing flies from my bra, it was disgusting. Very little shade in the park as well. It's supposed to have some good coasters though, so I can see why he'd want to go there if he's into coasters =)

I am still traumatized from a rollercoaster in Busch gardens....not sure what it was called but it was a big wooden one.....was terrifiying :lol:

I dont really want to go to Busch Gardens, I had heard a few bads reviews about it similar to the ones above but Dan is coaster mad and he said they have some amazing ones.

I am going to discovery cove in October later on this year, cant wait!!! Yup you can do packages without the swim. We are also going to the Animal Kingdom in Disney World and doing the Safari attraction - it is very expensive but from what I have read it looks worth the money, I would defiantly look into it.

We are doing Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios this time, tbh we arent really big Disney fans, we prefer universal. I just want to do something that Dan will really enjoy as this may be his last hoilday with us :( He is really keen on Busch gardens, so I think that will be the one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->