Holidaying in Dubai?

Pearls18

Reaction score
Advice needed please, for a couple's holiday....

What's the best time of year to go?

What's a good time frame? 1 week, 2 weeks? Etc...

How long does it take to travel to?

How much roughly do you think a good holiday there would cost perhaps what is the minimum do you think?

Best company to book through?

Any advice, hints or tips for going there.

Thank you :flower:

I don't know much but isn't the big theme there shopping? So you'd probably expect to spend a lot if you wanted to do that! Sorry I'm no help as I've never been!

the flight is 8 hours from scotland IIRC, not sure if it'll be any less from your end! ive always flown emirates and recommend them.

I've only stopped over at dubai on the way to other places in asia and back though so can't answer any other questions! :)

either 7 or 8 hours, I can't remember now :dohh:

I went to visit my parents last July there.
I spent 2 weeks there and flew with emirates. I flew from Paris which was a 6hr flight. July was the wrong time to go as it was far too hot.
When i spoke with my mum today she said it is about 30 degrees there at the moment and starting to get hotter. So i would say between now and May would be good.
Shopping is the main thing we did and we racked up a fair bill (2k between us) there is plenty of stuff to do and see there. Atlantis, burj Khalifa, camel riding paragliding.
I absolutely loved it there and cant wait to go back :)

I cant answer of of your questions, but I went in 2008 and would say that no more than a week was required. We spent 5 days I think and we could have done with an extra day.

Main thing to do was shopping- I was excited as we don't have many of the big UK or US brands in Australia. I bought so many things that I still wear today.

I would definitely recommend a trip to the spa at the Burj Al Arab and High tea there too, a desert 4wd trip and a visit to the indoor ski field.

We went at the end of July and I didn't think it was too hot. I do love the heat though. I can't remember how much it cost, but I think it was cheaper being the hotter season. Pretty much everything to do is indoors though, even the bus stops were airconditioned so you don't have to swelter outside if it's not your thing.

- What's the best time of year to go?
Feb/mar/apr or oct/nov. Any time is good really weather wise EXCEPT June/July/August, it gets VERY hot. I don't mind the heat but it's too much at that time for kids to be outside playing in the pool etc.

- What's a good time frame? 1 week, 2 weeks? Etc...
1 week/10 days I think is best

- How long does it take to travel to?
7 hours from the UK

-How much roughly do you think a good holiday there would cost perhaps what is the minimum do you think?
My husband usually sorts costings out so can't really help you here! It's all about spending there though; shopping, food, water parks, service is always great so you end up tipping everyone a lot! Our trips always tend to work out relatively pricey tbh

- Best company to book through?
We've only ever gone through The Holiday Place as they are family friends, their site is very popular

- Any advice, hints or tips for going there.
We've stayed at a lot of the hotels there as we used to go twice a year and favour the Al Qasr. All hotels generally have great service and are pretty luxurious, but the Al Qasr I found just to be particularly superior all round.

July/ Aug / Sept are the worst months, you can't even breath from the humidity, we stay indoor during those months, the weather is good from end of October till mid May, heat is not the issue but humidity is.

There are loads of activities here: desert safaries, water parks, relaxing by the beach, shopping & more shopping, burj khalifa, traditional souqs, fancy parks, global village, etc. There is also farrari world in AbuDhabi.

Food is also good.

It is expensive, like for example the entry to ferrari world is AED 240 (around £ 42 ), a tour to the burj is AED 120 (£ 21) for a scheduled one AED 400 (£ 70) for a none scheduled one.

The country is not cheap, even shopping is expensive but there is a big variety & too many choices

Thank you everyone, so it sounds like if we decide to go we will need to budget a lot for spending money. We really liked the look of the Atlantis has anyone been there? I will google Al Qasr.

Omarsmum is Abu Dhabi easy to get to? I'm sorry to be so ignorant but my knowledge of this end of the world extends to what Top Gear has shown....I don't even understand if Dubai is a city or what *embarassed*

I went to Atlantis Dubai last May, there's lots of things to do there, especially in the Atlantis resort. It was verrrry hot so I'd definitely avoid going June/July/August. I said if I went again I think I'd go October/November time.
We went for 7 nights, I'd of loved longer but I think 7 nights was an ok time to be there.

Dubai is a city, ferrari world is 45-60 mins away from Dubai, it's easy to get to AbuDhabi but other than ferrari world & Yas water park, there isnt much to do there. The country is United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi is the Capital & Dubai is a city/Emirate (something like a State in the US) , there are no boarders between Emirates.

Thank you everyone, so it sounds like if we decide to go we will need to budget a lot for spending money. We really liked the look of the Atlantis has anyone been there? I will google Al Qasr.

Omarsmum is Abu Dhabi easy to get to? I'm sorry to be so ignorant but my knowledge of this end of the world extends to what Top Gear has shown....I don't even understand if Dubai is a city or what *embarassed*

The Atlantis was ok but felt far too big and 'Americanised' if you know what I mean. And the carpets in the rooms and hallways gave me a headache, but the Burj Al Arab gave me a headache too, just too much gold and too many colours, hahaha. HOWEVER I went when I didn't have kids, and I think if I went there now it would be quite a good place to stay. Most people I know with kids end up staying at the jumeirah beach hotel as the location is great and is very kiddy friendly, a lovely hotel and I think relatively reasonably priced. The Atlantis is a little bit further away from everything as it's at the end of the palm out in the sea, it's quite isolated if you know what I mean.

Agree with nut, I love Jumeirah beach hotel , I'd stay in Atlantis for 2 nights but not more, it is boring as it's kind of isolated, Jumeirah beach hotel location is so nice, it's close to Madinat Jumeirah which is worth visiting, adjacent to burj al arab, & wild wadi water park & 20 mins away from the large malls (Emirates mall & Dubai mall). It's also close to the nice outdoor walks like Marina & JBR.

I didnt go to burj khalifa yet looool, but Omar wants to go there, I hate heights. As we live here we're not overly fuzzed about the new attractions, when we go on a vacation here, we choose quiet resorts in the Northen Emirates away from the city

Thank you both so much, I'm getting more of a feel for the geography now! I don't like the idea of being far away from things so maybe the Atlantis wouldn't work for us. We're not bringing the boys with us, the Jumeirah beach hotel looks lovely, is it still couple friendly? Is Jumeirah beach the place to be?

Thank you both so much, I'm getting more of a feel for the geography now! I don't like the idea of being far away from things so maybe the Atlantis wouldn't work for us. We're not bringing the boys with us, the Jumeirah beach hotel looks lovely, is it still couple friendly? Is Jumeirah beach the place to be?

On the beach is the best place to be, it really is lovely. The beach is so gorgeous and you'll easily get around from there. Jumeirah beach is defo great for couples too, it's a fantastic all rounder. Do have a look at the al qasr, Mina a Salam and madinat Jumeirah too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->