holidays... without the kids?

greenkat

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Would you go on holiday without your children?

A friend of mine suggested we go on a girls holiday - "we have to before we're 30" lol, which got me thinking. I'm 25 and have two children aged 3 and 4 - I never thought I would feel comfortable to do that - or that it would be ethical to do really but now I'm not sure!!

They're dad's brilliant and has looked after them for a few nights in the past when I've been away for work. I dunno :wacko: On the one hand I really want to see the world (in ways you can't with kids at their age like climbing, hand gliding, ect.) but it doesn't feel fair.

I'd go for a weekend away - city break type of thing - but not a proper full week long beach type holiday. I'd feel as though the kids were missing out.

I'm the same, a long weekend break would be good but i would never, at this stage, go away for a whole week go on a beach holiday without my children.

It's our 10th wedding anniversary next year and OH and i would like to go away for a few days on our own to somewhere that it wouldn't be easy to take the children to. We are thinking of doing something like leaving Mon and getting back Fri or Thurs to Mon. Even this i don't feel great about but it's another 12 months away so hopefully i'll feel better about it by then.

Your a Mom, so it's understandable you might be hesitant to go away without the kids- BUT, your also a woman and it's perfectly OK to do things JUST for you too :)

In the end though- you need to do what your comfy with. I figure a happy Mom= happy kids... no matter what that means for you.

Personally, I'd love a weekend away with my girlfriends! The only child free vacation I've had- since becoming a parent, was 5 yrs ago! As my hubby, me and best friend all went away to Hawaii for several days... we only had my SD at the time (she was 10yrs old)-- and it was a lovely trip. Although our kid was not happy we went without her :haha:

Honestly, in some ways it's eaiser when they are little- as A) they won't remember it anyway... and B) they won't give you flack when you return! ;)

Family trips are great too- but so are adult only trips. It's all about balance and what works for you though :)

As long as they're with their dad it wouldn't bother me. I'd never go away with OH and leave our LO with someone else, even if it's the grandparents.

For the record, we take our son on climbing, surfing and mnt biking trips. We usually go with other families so we tag team x

Go for it time for you to have some fun, being a mother is hard work we deserve a break, do you good, i went to spain on a hen weekend was lots of fun, nice to let my hair down, kids stayed with dad

We did a weekend away in Venice before dd2 was born and dd1 was 5-I enjoyed it, but felt so guilty.
I won't be planning anymore holidays until they are much older. I didn't like being so far from her :-(

Its a personal choice though
xx

I'd go!
I know everyone's different but if kids are with dad or grandparents i don't see a major issue x

Why wouldn't it be fair ? I'm sure they will have lots of fun wih daddy !!!

Go for it !

I wouldn't but then I am 40 and did all that before kids so if I were you and was 25 and hadn't done all that then yes go xxxxx YOU are also only young once

We got back from a week away abroad last week, left DD and DS (5&2) with their grandparents. Their grandparents have had them since they were babies 2-3 days a week while I work, and have had them for a night or two on many occassions, so their house is like a second home to them. They each even have their own bedroom there.
Grandparents offered, so we thought 'why not'. The kids had an amazing week and got spoilt rotten, and we had an amazing week in the sun.
I don't think they even missed us!!
It was lovely to come home to them though, and the break did us all good.

I would love someone to offer to watch my kids so I could have a short break somewhere.I never get any time to do anything so I would definitely take the chance if it arose.I wouldnt do a weeks beach holiday though as I would feel guilty on the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->