Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

hello to the new folks.

I do love my midwife. I was discharged from midwife care this morning and as she was leaving she said there was no reason why I wouldn't be able to go down the homebirth route again next time, and that they have other vbac ladies on their homebirth books. She said they would be slightly more cautious during labour, but that they would just take things as they came, and that she would look forward to seeing me again but 'no rush!'. No words of doom and gloom, or dire warnings.

Marvellous!

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO.... and I AM NEXT ON THE LIST!! WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Wish me luck peeps, it can't be long now!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Good Luck Madasa - Come on baby mummy wants to meet you now (and so do we!) :flower:

Urban - Its great that your midwife was like that, we need more like her :thumbup:

They are fab. She didn't say anything about a time frame for getting pregnant again either, apart from that 'no rush!'.

I was talking to the other midwife on the team and they are letting student midwives shadow them in the hope that they will come back once they have a few years experience and join the homebirth team. Only one of the community midwives is interested so far, and apparently it is because of the on call commitment. The community midwives don't want to sign up for that, but love that the homebirth team exists as they deal with all the on call duties that entails, leaving them to work mostly normal office hours.

She felt it was a real shame and was doing her best to enthuse the students with how normal birth could be at home. I hope she succeeds.

Never thought I would say this with a smile... but do you know, I think I have a slightly dodgy tummy?! ;) WOOT!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Hey you! Don't you go jumping me in the queue :p lol!

I spent all of tonight in pain - proper contractions that started at 7pm, and at one point came steadily every 2-3 minutes for over an hour. Pool is set up, everything is ready, phoned the mw and said I would wait for a while before asking her to come out......and they've now stopped. :cry: I dunno what's happened! I cant sleep because every movement bubs makes is so painful, but I'm definitely not contracting like I was before.

Grrrrrr, send me labour vibes please, I need to get this show back on the road!!!!

Oh, good luck Janie!

Can you bounce on a ball or get a good pace about? Hope things either get going for you, or that they get more comfy so you can get some rest.

I found sitting on the loo really comfortable, I think as it didn't put pressure anywhere that made it hurt.

You should get to see your baby really soon, by the sound of it!

Good luck Janie and Madasa! Sending lots of labour juju your way!!!!

Spent a wee while bouncing away again, but was so shattered I had to go lie down. Slept for about 4 hours, and still getting slight pains but nothing like last night :(

So just emptying the pool the now lol but don't know if i'll deflate it just yet, surely something's gonna happen soon, right??? :haha:

Maybe threaten to deflate it...like get everything ready, coz sods law will make labour start then :winkwink:

Good luckl Janie and madasa, hope things hurry along for you both! Get runing up and down the stairs or soemthing!!! haha

I've just noticed on my notes that my midwife has written "to give birth at treliske" (treliske is the only hospital down here with maternity) Why would she just assume that without even mentioning it!? My sister who is on her 2nd, and had her booking with the same midwife team a couple of months before me wqas trying to be talked into a homebirth straight away!

Just make it known at your next appt that you want a HB hun. It went on my notes from the word GO, but my MW delivered DD and she knew I wanted homebirth. See what they say at your next appointment. You can decide to have a homebirth at any point in pregnancy so it shouldn't be an issue :flower:

Lots of bloody show now, and contractions are more painful, if not regular again......just trying to relax a while, I think I'm gonna need all my energy soon :happydance:

Hey you! Don't you go jumping me in the queue :p lol!

I spent all of tonight in pain - proper contractions that started at 7pm, and at one point came steadily every 2-3 minutes for over an hour. Pool is set up, everything is ready, phoned the mw and said I would wait for a while before asking her to come out......and they've now stopped. :cry: I dunno what's happened! I cant sleep because every movement bubs makes is so painful, but I'm definitely not contracting like I was before.

Grrrrrr, send me labour vibes please, I need to get this show back on the road!!!!

Oops! OK **almost** next in the queue! Sending LOTS of labour dust!!

Good Luck Janie too, and to both of you ladies; Madasa and Janie -tonnes of labour dust --

C'Mon Babies -time to come out and see everyone xxxx

Reallyhoping things are progressing well for both of you ladies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"