Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh was hoping for some news on janie by the time I got back!! lol Hopefully no news means she's busy with lots more contractions!!

How do I get a homebirth hopefull thingy in my sig?

Oh was hoping for some news on janie by the time I got back!! lol Hopefully no news means she's busy with lots more contractions!!

How do I get a homebirth hopefull thingy in my sig?

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/BNBHOMEBIRTHHOPEFUL.png
thats the image location :)

the codes can be copy and pasted from the first post hun :)

Pointless post, but just had a trial run with my birthing pool. It was great! Only took 2 minutes to inflate and 30 mins to fill! Got in it and tried a few positions etc, then did my hypnobirthing CD which was very nice and relaxing:happydance: I can't wait!!!!!!:happydance:

Came back hoping for some news too!! Hope all is going well!

We have the first of our last 3 sessions of Hypnobirthing tomorrow night at home which is cool, very much looking forward to it!

Lisa, we got the pool out yesterday!!! So exciting!!! And it fits nicely in our lounge!! Going to have a practise fill up at the weekend too :yipee:

xxx

:yipee: yay for pool testing all round!!

Pops - I dont know what your set up is but if you arent near a tap you'll need a longer hose for filling. I got mine from a camping and caravanning shop. It was dirt cheap and you just buy the clear stuff that's suitable for drinking water :)

This type of thing
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aqualean-Mar...vr_id=&cguid=e1a8e2b01260a0e202b106a1ffde52a3

Here's Hebe testing out ours - we had it in the kitchen purely to make life easier for filling it :)
pool3.jpgpool2.jpgpool1.jpg

Hopefully Janie and Madasa are off having babies just now -good luck girls if you are

xxx

And yay!! for birth pool trials lol -makes everything so 'real' when you see that pool blown up haha- I cant wait xxxxx

Still here girls :( Been the longest day of my life! Contractions are very painful, and come thick and fast for half an hour, then disappear off.....not having any again just now, so going to try get some much needed sleep! Can't believe this is going on for so long, so much for second labours being shorter lol

Hopefully I'll get going again by morning, and after a good sleep :D

Oooh I got all excited when I saw Janie had posted! :haha: Sure it wont be too much longer.. hopefully!!! Hope you manage to fit some sleep in first, best of luck :hugs:

Good Luck Janie :hugs:

Love the photos of Hebe in the pool Lisa :lol:

Hope everything got moving in the night Janie :flower: Lots of labour vibes for u!

I've been analysing birth pools and I've totally ruled out Birth pool in a box. I prefer the look of La Bassine as its see through, but Aquaborn is excellent value for money and that tiny bit deeper.

I've been lookin at eBay given that I've got loads to pay out between now and dec (baby items, doula course & doula fee) but am I right in thinking its ok if they've been used if I give it a good going over with Milton? Some haven't been birthed in due to transfer but have been used.

I've been looking at ebay ones too, altho for what they go for it doesn't really seem woth getting a second hand one! All the ones I've seen go for around 70-80 quid, with only a few extra things from the 'kit' I think I'd rather pay the extra 35 quid and get a brand new one with the full kit! (prices based on la bassine)

Tho If I come across one cheap enough to make it worth buying on ebay, I dont see what harm it will do as long as its sterilized... I assume thats what they do with hospital ones and rental ones!?

Still no news from Janie!? Argghhhh, hopefully she's busy pushing!!!

Nikki - If you come doulaing with me you can borrow mine ;) It will have been laboured in by Sam, me, Rachiebaby almost, Pops fingers crossed then I'm getting it back :)

Aw what a special pool that is! I'd love to borrow it hun, that would be a great help. I love the pics of Hebe in the pool!

Actually if you are on the train it's too much to handle esp when preggo so you could either cadge a lift home one day and bung it in the car or we can arrange a courier? I think it was only a tenner to send :)

It's got lots of good luck home birth vibes on it that's for sure - all excellent births so far and I only send it to people I know wont break the chain! :rofl: (no pressure!)

Courier just crossed my mind actually, but my parents aren't a million miles away so maybe they'd pick me up?

Oh wow, I'll actually be rather pregnant by then!!

Oh I don't intend to break the chain, there'd have to be something serious for me to willingly go to hospital without a fight. My midwife is so pro homebirth that I trust her 100% and given that she let me stay home with Aimee when so many would've transferred me I know that I won't go to hospital unless its bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->