Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Labour vibes for you Rebecca :) I agree with madasa and UB..I had a labour bag although I never needed it but it was one less thing to think about.

Good luck Rebecca!

I had a little bag packed for transfer with a mirror of everything in the birth box. Mostly cos I didn't trust OH to bring the correct stuff in, and in an emergency he can be very faffy and found the transfer to hospital very stressful (even though it was very calm and controlled)

Thank you :) I shall go and prepare one :flower: And will get hubby to do his one as well just in case

I saw my midwife today and everything is still on and she is doing a home visit on Monday to get things organised :happydance:

Oh Great news hun , I am SO jelaous tho' lol :blush::haha: -I am 36w and my home team co-ordinator hasn't even phoned yet to make an appt to see me or speak to me on the phone or anything :cry:
I had a mw appt today and they asked how I had gotten on with my home visit etc; I said no-one had phoned yet, but I was JUST 36 w yesterday and she was quite suprised and said she'd phone and chase it up for me. Home birth team leader answers and abruptly says, '' her (me) names on the board - we'll phone when we can, we are very busy at the moment!!!''

My mw was a bit embarrassed -she said not to worry, I am sure they'll contact you soon - I dont have another mw appt for 2 weeks ,how long do I leave it before phoning myself and enquiring??? Am probably worrying about nothing ,and she'll phone me tomorrow lol :wacko::wacko:

The thing is, they haven't answered any of my questions regarding my home delivery, because each time I have mentioned it they've said 'the home birth co-ordinator is the best one to speak to about what happens etc; but you know that if someone else is having a home birth same time, then you'll HAVE to come in' I worry I am being fobbed off tbh :cry:

Good Luck Rebecca -sending loads of labour dust, and Carries and nightkd too -hope things happen soon xxx

Thank you :) I shall go and prepare one :flower: And will get hubby to do his one as well just in case

I saw my midwife today and everything is still on and she is doing a home visit on Monday to get things organised :happydance:

Oh Great news hun , I am SO jelaous tho' lol :blush::haha: -I am 36w and my home team co-ordinator hasn't even phoned yet to make an appt to see me or speak to me on the phone or anything :cry:
I had a mw appt today and they asked how I had gotten on with my home visit etc; I said no-one had phoned yet, but I was JUST 36 w yesterday and she was quite suprised and said she'd phone and chase it up for me. Home birth team leader answers and abruptly says, '' her (me) names on the board - we'll phone when we can, we are very busy at the moment!!!''

My mw was a bit embarrassed -she said not to worry, I am sure they'll contact you soon - I dont have another mw appt for 2 weeks ,how long do I leave it before phoning myself and enquiring??? Am probably worrying about nothing ,and she'll phone me tomorrow lol :wacko::wacko:

The thing is, they haven't answered any of my questions regarding my home delivery, because each time I have mentioned it they've said 'the home birth co-ordinator is the best one to speak to about what happens etc; but you know that if someone else is having a home birth same time, then you'll HAVE to come in' I worry I am being fobbed off tbh :cry:

Good Luck Rebecca -sending loads of labour dust, and Carries and nightkd too -hope things happen soon xxx

My midwife is brilliant and if she is working when i go in to labour then she will be their to help deliver my LO, I am so fortunate to have such a supportive midwife. She booked my home visit when i saw her today, when my sister was looking to have a home birth in December they didnt even do a visit, just said 'make sure you have so and so ready' and thats it. I think its surprising the difference in level of care depending where you live or who you see.
:hugs:

good luck Rebecca! labour dust for you! :dust:

I just got back from my visit from the community matron, about my homebirth, and she was nice, i think she was expecting a bit of stroppy pregnant lady, but i was a nice girl, so all went well, she gave me number to call when in labour etc.. and had a quick chat about why i was feeling unsupported, and a bit of info..and that was it really, she said she was happy to go ahead with homebirth, and i'll be fine for it anytime from next week!!
:happydance::happydance:
Will be seeing MW tomorrow too, so hope she's not peed off for me 'telling on her' :blush: oh well, i'm sure it'll be all fine!

Just got a book called childbirth without fear, and seems good, anyone read it?

Roc, I read it and loved it. Its a great read and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did,it makes so much sense!

Labour vibes and dust going out to Rebecca! :dust:

Child birth without fear is a great book, if a little 'wordy'.....but it was first pblished in the 40's I think so it's that type of literature I guess :) It's the forerunner for a lot of other works on natural childbirth and the like :)

Good luck hopefuls!! I am definitely planning on a homebirth for my next one since I didn't get it with La. I keep checking in here and feeling broody!! Such lovely stories.

With my teacher head on... can someone please change the spelling of the signatures to 'achiever' and not 'acheiver'? It's making me go :wacko: :haha:

With my teacher head on... can someone please change the spelling of the signatures to 'achiever' and not 'acheiver'? It's making me go :wacko: :haha:

lol! Ah yes, 'i before e except after c' isn't it? lol!:haha:

Good luck hopefuls!! I am definitely planning on a homebirth for my next one since I didn't get it with La. I keep checking in here and feeling broody!! Such lovely stories.

I never noticed! :lol: Are you gonna tell Jacs then? :haha:

Iv had another letter through for a consultant appointment even though i was told i wouldent have one unless my GTT results came back abnormal.

Wonder if its cos i told that stupid doctor what for and there going to try to talk me out of it.

Awww I'm all jealous of you girlies gearing up for your homebirths! When can I start planning my next one?!!! make the most of it ladies... because afterwards everytime you see those little things you prepared beforehand the nostalgia will be almost too much to bear!

Iv had another letter through for a consultant appointment even though i was told i wouldent have one unless my GTT results came back abnormal.

Wonder if its cos i told that stupid doctor what for and there going to try to talk me out of it.

hmm.. seems strange? Why exactly do they not want you to have a homebirth anyway? Did they even give you a proper reason at this stage?:wacko:

hmm.. seems strange? Why exactly do they not want you to have a homebirth anyway? Did they even give you a proper reason at this stage?:wacko:

It will be because of my high bmi. I know its only early but my BP is fine as are my blood sugars.

Im going to ask what its for when i ring up to change the date of my GTT. I might decline that since any diabetes would show in my urine wouldent it?

Il discuss it with my midwife when i go see her next.

Carries is in labour!!!!!! :happydance:

'started about 10 am, now 4cm using TENS and filling the pool. MW will be back after her visits.

GOOD LUCK CARRIE!!!!!! :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->