Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh how exciting another imminent baby yay -Good Luck Carries!!

I got to speak to my home birth team leader today, and she was so lovely!!!!! I was up at the CMU for massage therapy anyway and she had been trying to phone me at home lol. So home visit next Friday, to complete paperwork and she'll drop off my G&A etc then too. She did re-iterate that they were really busy with imminent births mid to end July and that they may struggle to offer me adequate support at home, and would I mind going to the CMU if needs be?? She didn't think it would happen but every possibility.

One thing did worry me a tad -she said if I went into labour through the night, then my call would be transferred to the main hospital for triage over the phone; if the mw oncall felt my labour was happening too quickly for them to arrange a mw to come to me then thay'd just send a blue light (emergency)ambulance. Then, the paramedics would refuse to cut the cord, as is the protocol and they'd HAVE to take me to the main hospital for third stage management -I am now worried that the mw oncall will just do this, as it's easier / less risky than getting a labouring woman to wait when you haven't actually seen her/ or examined her iywim?? Does that make any sense?? So hope I go through the day, so I CAN just call my local CMU direct.

Also, anyone else been told to inform their house insurers about G&A being stored?? -and if so - did it affect their premiums or anything??

Thanks ladies, GL again to Carries and love n hugs to everyone xxx

Oh how exciting another imminent baby yay -Good Luck Carries!!

I got to speak to my home birth team leader today, and she was so lovely!!!!! I was up at the CMU for massage therapy anyway and she had been trying to phone me at home lol. So home visit next Friday, to complete paperwork and she'll drop off my G&A etc then too. She did re-iterate that they were really busy with imminent births mid to end July and that they may struggle to offer me adequate support at home, and would I mind going to the CMU if needs be?? She didn't think it would happen but every possibility.

One thing did worry me a tad -she said if I went into labour through the night, then my call would be transferred to the main hospital for triage over the phone; if the mw oncall felt my labour was happening too quickly for them to arrange a mw to come to me then thay'd just send a blue light (emergency)ambulance. Then, the paramedics would refuse to cut the cord, as is the protocol and they'd HAVE to take me to the main hospital for third stage management -I am now worried that the mw oncall will just do this, as it's easier / less risky than getting a labouring woman to wait when you haven't actually seen her/ or examined her iywim?? Does that make any sense?? So hope I go through the day, so I CAN just call my local CMU direct.

Also, anyone else been told to inform their house insurers about G&A being stored?? -and if so - did it affect their premiums or anything??

Thanks ladies, GL again to Carries and love n hugs to everyone xxx

i went into labour early in the middle of the night, before my cmw were officially on call for me so i had to ring the hospital. i did this at about 7am they asked me if i wanted to come in which got a very firm no and they said they would my cmw to contact me as soon as. she rang about 9.00am and said i didn;t sound very far along and would come after her clinic. i asked if she could come sooner and she was there in an hr and a half she had to wait for someone to come and take over and i am half an hr from where she was. just as well as baby was born 2 hours after she arrived! surely they can get a mw to you in time if you ring as soon as you realise you are in labour. i didn't realise for some time which is why i rang so late on in labour. maybe you will have to just be very insistent on the phone if you have to ring the hospital. my OH was under very strict instructions to tell them i was not coming in and wanted a mw sent if the hospital started being difficult, which fortunately they didn't.
also no i didn't need to inform anyone about gas and air but it was stored in one of the outbuildings, so not sure if that made a difference.

I stored my G&A in a block flat without informing the council, who are both my landlord and insurer.

Thanks for the quick replies -mw says I cannot store the G&A anywhere but in the house and I have to contact my insurance company -I had never even thought of this ,or heard of it from anyone else lol. Also ,she' ll do this for me... but the local fire brigade have to be informed also???? Is this bizarre??? or normal??

Oh well!!

As for getting the mw to me in time ;maybe cos my last labour and delivery was approx 2hours from first contraction to baby lol

xx
Thanks ladies xx

Thanks for the quick replies -mw says I cannot store the G&A anywhere but in the house and I have to contact my insurance company -I had never even thought of this ,or heard of it from anyone else lol. Also ,she' ll do this for me... but the local fire brigade have to be informed also???? Is this bizarre??? or normal??

Oh well!!

As for getting the mw to me in time ;maybe cos my last labour and delivery was approx 2hours from first contraction to baby lol

xx
Thanks ladies xx

Is your MW pro hb? Seems like they're raising a lot of things that no one else has heard! Could it be they're trying to put you off by making it 'too difficult'? x

EDIT - just seen it's a home birth team so perhaps they're just extra cautious!

They didn't store any G&A at my house, they just arrived with it in their car when I was in labour. They asked me to go in to be checked and I said NO. It does sound like they are being a tad difficult and over cautious to me.

Oh well!!

xx
Thanks ladies xx

Is your MW pro hb? Seems like they're raising a lot of things that no one else has heard! Could it be they're trying to put you off by making it 'too difficult'? x

EDIT - just seen it's a home birth team so perhaps they're just extra cautious!

Apart from all these bizarre things I hadn't thought of lol- she was very positive, so hoping that she is just being extra cautious and I dont hit any probs when the time comes lol

They are a tiny unit too, normally only deliver about 100 -150 babies a year, and they have been hit with an almighty baby boom at the moment lol -think they are just a bit concerned about the work load too.

xx :hugs: xx

They didn't store any G&A at my house, they just arrived with it in their car when I was in labour. They asked me to go in to be checked and I said NO. It does sound like they are being a tad difficult and over cautious to me.

WSS ^^^^^^^^^^ sounds a bit like scaremongering for their own convenience to me :|

xx
Thanks ladies xx

bimey that is quick! do you live near to hospital where mw are based?

My CMU has recently stopped being open at night (is 2 mins from my house, so during the day no problem at all; it's only at night there may be) so I s'pose it now with it being on call only it depends on where the oncall mw has to travel from lol

xx

Good luck Carries!

I had a visit with my doula last night and feel good. We made some plans to help baby turn, including acupuncture which I'm trying to book asap. We also made a plan b to help me achieve a natural birth if he decides not to turn!

I had the craziest dream about him turning. He was trying and couldn't, so he stretched out a couple of times and darn, did it hurt! Then I say him swan dive from the outside and turn, and I was so proud. Dreams are funny!

Good luck Carries!

I think that appointment will be then trying to talk me out of a homebirth, i rang up about something else and asked what it was for. The receptionist dident know why but had been asked to make it after my last appointment.

I'm sure you'll stick to your guns Lozzy!! What a waste of time tho, seriously!

Carries - Good luck with the turning of bubba. Dreams are strange, even more so when pregnant.

I know Nikki. No wonder the NHS is in such trouble. Wasting appointments on people who are not ill.

Good luck Carries! :cloud9:

Haven't seemed to get here, or anywhere really, as much as I'd like lately as am at the totally shattered stage!

We have our next MW appointment next week and will know if Missy is still doing as she should. It doesn't feel like she has turned so fingers crossed!

Been listening to our Hypno scripts each night for the past week and I keep bleeding falling asleep :dohh: She said it didn't matter at all as it clearly means I am relaxed but I'd like to stay awake a few times :haha:

With regards to Gas etc, our MW leaves it in the car, along with any additional equipment, until it is needed so as to not put that thought into your head which I like. Sometimes seeing something is enough to plant a seed so if I don't see it, then that may not happen.

Hope you are all well and I'll try to keep up!

xxx

I was hoping that there would be news that Carrie had her LO already :( Lots and lots of labour dust carrie! :dust:

Hi all! Sorry for the delay updating about Carrie....I got the text last night when I was on my sister's hen do.....

Alfred George born at home 7.55pm 18th June after a 10 hour labour. 9lb 1oz and looks just like his big brother! :cloud9: Mummy, Daddy and baby all well!

Congratulations!!!

Just dropping in to see if there is any news on carries.... Lots of luck and good labour vibes carries!

Also got a couple of links I thought you lay-deez might appreciate:

On home birth and "bravery":
https://www.hypnobirthing.clairebushell.co.uk/?p=492

And in case you were wondering about the stats (including percenatge of home births) for your region/hospital....
https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthChoiceUKFrame.htm?https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/England.htm
(you click on the info you want and THEN your area on the map... it took me a few minutes to work that out!! :dohh: Sorry of this has already been posted, but I don't remember seeing it so i don't THINK it has!)

Hi all! Sorry for the delay updating about Carrie....I got the text last night when I was on my sister's hen do.....

Alfred George born at home 7.55pm 18th June after a 10 hour labour. 9lb 1oz and looks just like his big brother! :cloud9: Mummy, Daddy and baby all well!

Congratulations!!!

Oh hooray! We must have been typing at about the same time :) Congrats carries! My little ALSO weighed 9lbs 1oz yesterday, but she was 10 days old then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->