Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Many congrats to Carrie -hope everything went well ,looking forward to the birthstory and pics xx

Iv been thinking i wont be doing hypnobirthing cos i wont have the right support to do that but has any one got any ideas of relaxation techniques?

Im clueless

What do you mean Lozzy? Just read the book and explain the concept to OH and you dont need any support :)

I'm almost 100% certain I'm in labour! :happydance: Ow! :thumbup::lol: When do you recommend filling the birth pool? I'm having contractions roughly 7 minutes apart (been timing by clock, so just started using a contraction timer to see how long they're lasting and so on)....

Ooo! have you got something to cover it to keep the heat in? If you have then get cracking! Hubby filled mine at 9am and didnt get in till 8 pm - it took a good while to do so we just filled it with red hot and covered it then cooled it to get in :)

Good luck!!!!

Thanks! :)

We haven't got anything to cover it with...I'm sending DH out for some food/drink from Walmart shortly (like within an hour or two) so he might either be able to get something from there, or go to the DIY store if we wait until it's open....I should be alright until then, right? :lol: If I all of a sudden progress we can always just run a bath :)

It's just weird because I know I'm in labour now, but I don't know how fast to expect things to happen and so on.... I need a plan!! :rofl:

xx

how long have you been having them?? :)

I was having them in my sleep, then woke up and was like...Hmm, that feels like a tightening rather than just a random back ache... Started timing at approx 4:15am and it's 5:40am here now.

x

good luck nightkd! i think having the pool ready a little earlier is better than not having it ready when you really need it, which us what happened to me!!

Thank you! :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Madasa - I'd rather we're not rushing around trying to fill the pool with me desperate to get in it and about to pop!

I hope my waters don't break until I get in or give birth......

It's now 6am, so I might give DH another hour and then get his ass out of bed to wait on me :rofl:

xx

Oh exciting!!! Good Luck nightkd

I'd fill the pool too, it can always be made a little hot and left to cool down until you are ready to get it; or on the other hand heated up a tad if needed a bit later, better to be ready IMO.

All the best ,hope everything goes well and swiftly xxx

Good luck Nightkd :happydance:

One of the support mums at my NCT course has offered to lend me her birthing pool - Cause i didn't want to splash (no pun attended)out and buy one i haven't considered using one - should i accept the offer? Will it help with labour?

What do you mean Lozzy? Just read the book and explain the concept to OH and you dont need any support :)

I thought i was best to have some one that was on bord to help ground you if you started loosing your cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->