Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I was just reading NKDs journal and it has this update,

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...henrys-pregnancy-journal-119.html#post5847317

Hope baby comes soon.x.

Roc im fuming for you!!!!!!!

The chances of sholdure distorcia happining are still realy low and if a midwife dosent know how to deal with it then i suggest that she go back to uni!!!

They are not little issues!

Talking to a supervisor is normal in cases were they believe you should be in hospital, this is really just to go through the concerns and the plan they will make if you still decided on a hb, but am I correct in saying that both the matron (who probably is also a supervisor) and consultant are happy for you to have a hb? Is she really clutching at straws?

When you speak to her supervisor listen to what she has to say....explain your understanding of the situation and then inform her of the poor care recieved and that you really believe this midwife needs to go on a communications skills course, I would be so bloody cheeky and give her some websites with info:haha:

I'm just being silly now...but this has really p'eed me off!

keep us updated.x.

Yes you are right, both the matron, and consultant, have had no issues whatsoever with me having a homebirth, consultant was even chatting to me about her sister just having one, never mentioned she thought i was at risk at all.

I'm so sorry you feel youre having the positivity taken away from you :hugs: This seems to be a recuring theme in some areas. Have you thought about seeing if there are any doulas in your area who might like to help you? 'Trainee' doulas (trained but still getting their quota of births under their belts) will usually offer support for no charge and they are likely to know a bit more about the set up in your particular area......just a thought :)

https://www.doula.org.uk/

Congrats Rebecca!!! Sounds like a beautiful birthing and you handled circumstances out of your control wonderfully!

Roc - Your MW sounds awful. It is her job to inform you of risks but not scare monger you, it's terrible. I hope that you are able so sort everything out with them. Could you request another midwife?

I'm so sorry you feel youre having the positivity taken away from you :hugs: This seems to be a recuring theme in some areas. Have you thought about seeing if there are any doulas in your area who might like to help you? 'Trainee' doulas (trained but still getting their quota of births under their belts) will usually offer support for no charge and they are likely to know a bit more about the set up in your particular area......just a thought :)

Thanks MM, i did actually want a doula, but didn't have the money, so i might look into trainees now you mention it... would be good to have the support!

the site seems to be down at the moment, so will have a look later-thanks MM

Congrats Rebecca!!! Sounds like a beautiful birthing and you handled circumstances out of your control wonderfully!

Roc - Your MW sounds awful. It is her job to inform you of risks but not scare monger you, it's terrible. I hope that you are able so sort everything out with them. Could you request another midwife?

thanks, they're a team of community MWs and i have had a few, the last one was particularly bad, so i never know who i'm getting, same for my HB, could be any of them?

I'm in the process of training to be a doula and I know if I were in your area I'd offer to support you through the process so I'm sure there will be someone out there :)

Thanks MM, i did actually want a doula, but didn't have the money, so i might look into trainees now you mention it... would be good to have the support!

the site seems to be down at the moment, so will have a look later-thanks MM

I think trying to find a traniee doula would be a great idea. My doula has been great support. At our last visit we put together a plan for helping the little guy flip and a plan b contingency just in case that would help me have a vaginal birth instead of an automatic c-section. It made me feel a lot better having someone to support me. :)

Omg I'm sorry but if a midwife cannot deal with SD, especially a CM then she really shouldn't have qualified lol! That's ridiculous I would sooo make a complaint. it's people like that who can completely ruin a birth experience for you and imo shouldn't even bother becomming midwives.

congrats rebecca sounds like an awesome birth :D xx

thanks, they're a team of community MWs and i have had a few, the last one was particularly bad, so i never know who i'm getting, same for my HB, could be any of them?

Write to the supervisor of MWs and state that you do not wish that MW at your birth, they have to respect your wishes.

Hello ladies just popping by to give a quick update but will come back to write my birth story over the next couple of days.

As Lisa told you all I had my beautiful baby boy, Alfred (Freddie) George on friday evening after 10hr of labour but only 2 mins of pushing!

Had him in the pool at home with no complications and thankfully no tearing at all. He is perfect in everyway and looks just like Oscar did when he was born.

aww big congrats, sounds like it was wonderful!:flower:

Huge congratulations! It sounds perfect and I can't wait to read your story :cloud9:

xxx

:haha: I've always liked being on top... I mean, I mean :blush: I like rooms on the top floor

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->