Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Yey dont have to hunt it down every time i want to post

Good morning, I'd like to join you! This is my 4th child and will hopefully be born at home. I was booked in for a homebirth with my 3rd but the stubborn little wotsit was comfy in there so I was reluctantly induced at 13 days over my due date. I was allowed to come home quickly though, had him at 7.30pm and was tucked up in my own bed by 10.30!

Hoping for not such a lazy baby this time :)

Bloody hell soooo much has happened!!!!

Congrats to Carrie and Rebecca, well done to both of you :D

Good luck nightkd - anyone heard anymore??

ooooooh and LOVE the new home :thumbup:

Gonna go through and catch up now while I have some peace and quiet....should really do some housework, but where's the fun in that?!

Welcome Pinkie!

Lozzy dont you just click User CP? If you do everything you posted in will come up :) Delete everything else except the ones you like to read regularly ;)

Found this on Nightkds journal!!

Evelyn Rose Henry, born 6-21-2010 weighing 7 lbs 11 ounces. a beautifuly red girl, with a smock of black hair, and the most fascinating grayish eyes!

Congratulations to all :D

Many congrats to nightkd, lovely name too.
And I am sure I did send congrats to Carries already but if not (baby brain well n truly on fine form today!!) then CONGRATS to you too xx

And yay!! loving the new home too !!!

p.s Only 4 more home birth hopefuls before me eeeeek!!!! and I am now 37 week so we are okay to go for it any day now!!!
xx

Congratulations Nightkd!! :D

And Nikki, you will LOVE the book! I am reading it for the 2nd time now immediately after I finished it the first!!

xxx

Hi!
I think i posted in here when i first made the decision to have a homebirth, but then i lost the thread!! This makes it so much easier! :thumbup:

Its my due date on friday, and we're all set for the homebirth! got my gas & air sitting in the corner of the living room (without the nozzle!) :coffee: Oh's best friend is a welder & reckons he can fashion up a nozzle for us if we just wanna sit n get high 1 night before baby makes his appearance! :rofl: Ive told him not to b so naughty! :haha:

Im really excited about it, but also really nervous: but i know id much rather be at home than in hospital. Ive already had 3 nights in hospital this pregnancy (due to bleeding) and thats what made me want a homebirth. Whilst in hospital i felt neglected, and "just a number". I also felt like a bit of a sheep, traipsing down the corridor for my breakfast/tea with all the other women, going back and eating it in my uncomfortable bed. I also realised how alone you are in hospital. I saw women being induced & told theyd be checked every 20 minutes: in reality they were checked every hour and a half!

A home birth seems much more personal, and i feel like i will get better care :flower: and my midwife is lovely and has a lot of the same birthing beliefs as i do! :thumbup:

Anyway, thats me! Hi!

hi kate! i know what you mean about hospitals... another thing, you get NO REST in hospital! i had my baby at home but then had to transfer because my placenta wouldn't come and I ended up being stuck in for almost a week what with one thing and another... and i got NO SLEEP. it was always meal time or visiting time or time to hae the room cleaned, or time for the midwife on duty to pop in and introduce herself at shift change, or time to have my temp and blood pressure taken, or time to take my meds, or time to express..... ARGH! No sleep I tell you... no sleep!

hi kate! i know what you mean about hospitals... another thing, you get NO REST in hospital! i had my baby at home but then had to transfer because my placenta wouldn't come and I ended up being stuck in for almost a week what with one thing and another... and i got NO SLEEP. it was always meal time or visiting time or time to hae the room cleaned, or time for the midwife on duty to pop in and introduce herself at shift change, or time to have my temp and blood pressure taken, or time to take my meds, or time to express..... ARGH! No sleep I tell you... no sleep!

yes!! When i was in, they decided that 1 till 2 in the morning was an excellent time to wheel squeaky, clanking metal beds in and out of the ward?!

:cry: :cry:

Received a letter this morning from my mw saying that I need iron tabs as I am anaemic, so I thought I'd better phone and see exactly what. I phoned the CMU and she said my HB is 9.7; prev 11.4 and before that 14.
Also, she said I cant deliver at CMU or home with it being that low -they'll get me started on iron tabs, and recheck in 2 weeks :cry::cry::cry:

Have been crying ever since, cant believe it could all get taken away from me now:cry::cry:

Went to the docs they said they'll get my script within next 48 hours -why not get someone to write me one now; I am sure given the circumstances someone wouldn't mind TOO much :growlmad::growlmad:

I am so sore with my spd, I was hoping to speak to someone about the chance of an earlier sweep too, but no chance of that now either and I am getting sorer and sorer and really fed up and cry cry cry :cry::cry:. So p*ssed off.

Any advice ladies? My homebirth team leader is coming on Friday to see me.

Thanks xxxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->