Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

haha, I need an MM! hehe, I live in Sussex though so a bit of a trek for her! DH will have to do ;) x

Ohhh happy campers!

We're back off to Lizard in Cornwall in August with good friends. We went last year with Dewi and it was lots of fun - not sure if we'll still have our hair by the end of a week with a toddler and a baby but hey it's going to be fun finding out!

Ergh our car is 10 years old and cost so much money but we cannot afford enough to replace it with anything better. Catch 22 really.

"I haven't got clue how this baby is going to get out, because I CAN'T bloody well get in!" Hahahahaha!! So funny!
XxxX

bwAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not getting any. Hubby finds it weird, I'm too tired and things still aren't right between us after he wanted me out the other week.

oh no...the multi purpose tap adaptors don't fit my taps!! grrr.

Thinking gaffa tape may come into play...that or someone will have to hold it the whole time to pool is filling! (bagsy not me :lol:)

I just ordered my postnatal bath herbs. At last! And I'm on mat leave now. :happydance:

I cannot wait for mat leave. at least the school holidays work in my favour combined with all the bank holidays on May.

I get April 11th -24th off
April 25th is a bank holiday

3 day week

Royal Wedding so no work on the Friday

Another bannk holiday monday then I can start leave on May 3rd.

My EDD is May 13th.

Anababe - full engaged means when you start I set off! I've found second or subsequent babies that engage make for faster labours. :)

The sex we had in late pregnancy, was prob the funniest thing that we have ever experienced and had several goes getting going each time.. as we couldn't keep concentrated for laughing! I just remember the OH saying to me "I haven't got clue how this baby is going to get out, because I CAN'T bloody well get in!" Hahahahaha!! So funny!
XxxX

That is hilarious! :haha: Will have to give it an attempt and see how we go....

PB - yay for mat leave!!

Yes, the situation in Japan is just horrible isn't it. Couldn't believe the footage on the news last night. We had sea warnings here (I live on the coast) but nothing too serious - but shows you the size of it if we are getting warnings all the way down in NZ!

Also, I have found a great website about big babies - very reassuring! And lots of positive homebirth stories about big babies on it too - https://www.bigbaby.org.uk/

^^ Ooh, lovely link! My midwife the other day commented on my oldest's weight at birth - I was under the impression that 8lbs 6oz was perfectly reasonable, but she suggested it was on the large side and that this one (despite my fundal height actually being 3cm behind) 'will be even bigger!' ...Having typed this out, it seems quite obvious that it was a little 'a you sill sure you want a home birth' type dig.... Ho hum....

Awwww I don't know how many of you follow the Birthing Without Fear FB page....Mrs BWf had her baby finally at 43+3...long labour, sideways abby and cord around the ankle but all is well.

Good news to wake up to!

^^ Ooh, lovely link! My midwife the other day commented on my oldest's weight at birth - I was under the impression that 8lbs 6oz was perfectly reasonable, but she suggested it was on the large side and that this one (despite my fundal height actually being 3cm behind) 'will be even bigger!' ...Having typed this out, it seems quite obvious that it was a little 'a you sill sure you want a home birth' type dig.... Ho hum....

8lbs 6oz seems perfectly fine to me! Why is she suggesting this one will be 'even bigger'? This whole weight thing seems kinda pointless to worry about when you think about how inaccurate so many of the methods are. I am sure you will be fine!

my mum gave birth to me at 5lbs and my sister at 9lbs, she said it hurt exactly the same. also i was the one who almost killed her and i was tiny. so even tho the thought of having a baby bigger then zane scares the hell out of me im trying not to think about it lol

Warning: Rant alert!!

Well finally got my MW yesterday (she called to say she was at mine while I was picking up son from bus stop), all I can really say about it is I could by the end of it happily smashed her head against a wall. After the crappy week I had already had I didn't need to have her sticking her nose up in the air about me possibly having a home birth.

Yes I know my front room is not the biggest in terms of width, I know currently it is slightly cluttered so looks smaller and you would like it tidier when the time comes as you would be needing to bring equipment. But I only moved in 2 months ago and still have things that need a home around, and childrens toys and the children themselves.

Yes the low risk room at the hospital looks lovely and the sort of environment that gives the home like feel but with the hospital just outside the door, thank you for telling me about it but who is to say I am going to be lucky enough to have it free the time and day I need it. And what if I want to use the pool too? am I allowed both?

So by early evening I was crying into the enchilladas I was making for dinner because I felt like my home wasn't "good" enough for her and I seriously felt like saying "stuff you all I'll have this baby on my own, I don't need your f'ing permission to have a baby"

On the plus side baby is as well as they can tell lol. Head down still, fundal height normal (not that she puts down measurements which annoys the heck out of me as I like to play guess the weight as I was spot on with DD2) heartbeat 140ish, my BP is pretty damn perfect, my urine is clear as clear can be of anything.

:hugs: Kitten I totally know what you mean about telling everyone where to go! Keep strong lady. :)

It really topped off a bad week, first it was the car and possibly needing to spend out on a new one, which would mean no summer holiday this year. That happened on my birthday. Then it was the too'ing and fro'ing about maybe the garage didn't know their arse from elbow. Then Thursday was the 11th aniversary since my mum died, and I still miss her badly. Then spents most of yesterday cleaning this crap hole of a house so the MW would be impressed, then of course she didn't give me any forwarning on when she would get to me. Then the actual visit. No wonder all I wanted to do was curl up and watch crap TV last night and go to bed by about 9

How annoying that she should be judgmental about your home!! Surely the visit is just to check you don't live in a complete hole, not to worry about your moving in boxes or anything. As far as tidy houses go, I just think "he without sin cast the first stone"! We're still in a moving in stage 4 months later, and boxes keep being moved between the bedroom and living room while we save for various bits of furniture, so slowly getting there, and thinking "well, we'll have to move the cot into the kitchen so I'll have space in the bedroom during labour, then the living room will have to be clear for blah blah blah"... a hassle that should be worth the effort!

Ha chuck I have done that with my mat leave too, grateful to the royal family for once for another days leave to stick on to that Easter bank hol week.

She also made it perfectly clear that they do not do home deliveries upstairs "just in case" which I can understand but no need to ram it down my throat. As soon as she had said they don't I knew why and agreed with her but she still pushed the fact.

My blood is still boiling over a day later, have cried on and off while cleaning the floor yet again, or trying to find a home for some unused bedding

She also made it perfectly clear that they do not do home deliveries upstairs "just in case" which I can understand but no need to ram it down my throat. As soon as she had said they don't I knew why and agreed with her but she still pushed the fact.

My blood is still boiling over a day later, have cried on and off while cleaning the floor yet again, or trying to find a home for some unused bedding

Just in case what? I've heard some weird things, but not allowed upstairs in your own home? :huh: She sounds like a right piece of work sorry you have to put with her. :hugs:

I was wondering that. Surely on/over/by the bed is the most common way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->