Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Just in case of what exactly...<facepalm> litigation culture I'll bet.

You cant be upstairs just incase we have to move you...just in case it causes some delay.

ergh just think of it this way is it really very likely she'll be attendance when you're in labour? Doubtful.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Kitten

I feel really upset everytime I see my MW, so I know exactly how you feel

Well, my entire home is up three flights of stairs, does that create a problem? Don't think so :roll:

I hate that as well, when you're accepting/understanding/agreeing with something someone is saying but they keep. saying. it. Heard you first time!! Happens to me all the time at work :growlmad:

Yeah its the being moved thing, though I must say I did see the problems the paramedics had moving my sister in law (ish) when she was in labour with my neice and couldn't get herself down the stairs. Took two paramedic teams to get her down one flight.....I was 5 months gone with DS at the time:haha: Though in my current place it would be easier to take me out the backa nd throw me over the low wall lol

As for her attending I bloody well hope not, may phone anti natal department and discuss my options properly. Do have a few more gems of wisdom from that appointment that are almost laughable

I attended a birth once on the third level of an apartment building with no stairs and while it definitly is a consideration it certainly is no reason at all to not have a homebirth! The paramedics (atleast the ones around here) have this special chair sling thingy that they use to carry individuals up and down chairs and around twisty corners. Definitly makes for more of a hassle but it can be done.

Anyways, I went shopping today... Did lots and lots of shopping and the whole drive home I was getting tightenings consistently every 3-4 minutes but they weren't really painful just uncomfortable. Now it's been about 2 hours since I got home and I cleaned the house and the tightenings are now every 5-10 minutes so I imagine my uterus was just irritated that I got off my lazy ass and changed my routine lol. But who knows :shrug: I've never gone into labour spontaneously before nor have I have ever experienced any BH's that had any regularity to them at all in my previous pregnancies.....

Thing is about 20 minutes ago hubby found a lovely home for rent online, first place that would actually be suitable for us since we started looking for new accomodations, so it would be nice if baby could hold out for another day so we can go view it tomorrow! Tomorrow night would be nice though :D

Hold on to that baby until Monday, Kandy. March 14 is a great day to be born on, although, I suppose I am biased on that.

Yeah I can sympathise with the irritated uterus, did that last time around with Rosa lol, after the second visit to the BC with actually quite bad pains every few minutes it was renamed slightly as "sod having an irritated uterus, this is a case of irritated mummy"

Can I join? :) I'm due September 8th and hoping for a HBAC, really hoping!

We're special nutters not just those very day common garden homebirthers!

Oohhh how many of us hoping to HBAC now?

Hold on to that baby until Monday, Kandy. March 14 is a great day to be born on, although, I suppose I am biased on that.

I'm still here and pregnant... Still getting occasional tightnings but they have lost all regularity.

Sorry Chuck March 14th sounds much more appealing than the 28th.

Perhaps I could go into labour after supper tonight... Around 7PM and have baby around 1 in the morning. Sounds like a perfect plan to me!

Sex could get something going. I remember with my son, it was November 30th and hubby was horny as hell. I told him I didn't want to have sex because I didn't want to risk having a baby on December 1. I was okay with any day BUT December 1 to have him on. My husband, apparently not learning from our daughter, says to me "You're not due for 13 days, you'll be fine".

So, I caved and let him have his sex. It's 11:00pm. 3:30am, I woke up with what I thought was severe indigestion...nope. My son was born at 11:15am on December 1.

I vote SEX, Kandy. Get that baby out, lmao!

Can I join? :) I'm due September 8th and hoping for a HBAC, really hoping!

Welcome. If you PM MervsMum with your details (2nd, 3rd baby, etc.; 1st home birth; blue/pink/yellow bump; due date), she'll put you in the OP.

Had a hastily arranged Homebirth booking visit today, and it's all good!!

Loads of things I thought I'd have to get pushy about they were what they routinely did anyway (like avoiding internals) and the closer it gets the more pro-homebirth my MW seems to get, really hope she's on-call when I start. Never thought I'd say that!! :D
My Hb went from 9.5 to 10.2 in 2 weeks so I'm keeping on the spatone! :) and there's a big yellow box in my lounge now. Plus OH has built the cot ready in our bedroom, SO EXCITED now!!!
xx

my mw seemed fine when i first said about a homebirth, she also came across as very suprised. suppose she doesnt see many mothers in this area who want homebirths.

lets just hope shes as positive when it comes time to booking it

Had a hastily arranged Homebirth booking visit today, and it's all good!!

Loads of things I thought I'd have to get pushy about they were what they routinely did anyway (like avoiding internals) and the closer it gets the more pro-homebirth my MW seems to get, really hope she's on-call when I start. Never thought I'd say that!! :D
My Hb went from 9.5 to 10.2 in 2 weeks so I'm keeping on the spatone! :) and there's a big yellow box in my lounge now. Plus OH has built the cot ready in our bedroom, SO EXCITED now!!!
xx

Glad you had a good visit! :D And thats great about your iron. After I started taking SpaTone my Iron went up from 9 to 9.5 in 2 weeks then up to 9.9 in another week.

I must admit though ive not taken it for a few days, the taste is so awful my stomach cant take it now lol I have another blood test on tues though so I best get taking it again!

I put the cot/crib up the other day, its in my room for now and I cant believe theres going to be a baby in there soon!! I keep looking at the little pink blankets, im so excited!!

We're special nutters not just those very day common garden homebirthers!

Oohhh how many of us hoping to HBAC now?

It seems like there are a few HBAC's ladies due before me, so I'm looking forward to reading your birth stories! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->