Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

moomin - which bit of the midlands? I'm in north brum and they're very pro HB round here :)

yesterday and today I've had really badly swollen feet :( I don't know what to do other than drink loads and keep my feet raised - feel really rubbish about it!

Had a hastily arranged Homebirth booking visit today, and it's all good!!

Loads of things I thought I'd have to get pushy about they were what they routinely did anyway (like avoiding internals) and the closer it gets the more pro-homebirth my MW seems to get, really hope she's on-call when I start. Never thought I'd say that!! :D
My Hb went from 9.5 to 10.2 in 2 weeks so I'm keeping on the spatone! :) and there's a big yellow box in my lounge now. Plus OH has built the cot ready in our bedroom, SO EXCITED now!!!
xx

Glad you had a good visit! :D And thats great about your iron. After I started taking SpaTone my Iron went up from 9 to 9.5 in 2 weeks then up to 9.9 in another week.

I must admit though ive not taken it for a few days, the taste is so awful my stomach cant take it now lol I have another blood test on tues though so I best get taking it again!

I put the cot/crib up the other day, its in my room for now and I cant believe theres going to be a baby in there soon!! I keep looking at the little pink blankets, im so excited!!

wow the spatone really worked for you two that's great! how many were you taking a day? I was taking x2 a day and my hb only went from 9.5 to 9.6 in 2 weeks. Oh well at least it hasn't got any lower!
We were supposed to be doing a trial run of the pool tonight to see how long it takes to fill and if boiler can cope, but dp is having a bath so will have to wait until tomorrow now. Providing baby doesn't decide to come tonight that is :winkwink:

Hello ladies. Glad to hear all your good news. I'm reading Ina May. Finally got past the birth stories which I just didn't find much inspiring. I got some good tips from them but for some reason reading hundreds of positive birth stories doesn't really seem to have an impact on me. :shrug: Only a couple of chapters into the second part and I am LOVING it! For me I guess stats and info has more impact. The weird thing is I an starting to think more, erm, passionately, about the birth and yes I do mean in a more personal sense of the word! I'm not really sure how I'll reconcile this with the reality of the homebirth with mws here and my mum and Byron. Maybe she'll come in the night while Byron is asleep and before my mum or anyone can get here. It's a bit odd me feeling this way as someone who is generally fairly inhibited...!

I'm putting in a plan now I'm on leave. I'm going to have a weekly salt bath with garlic (any tips on how to do the garlic pending purchase of muslin?) and get properly into my hypno. I'm a week or so behind because of being busy at work but I can do things daily now, more often even. I've spent the weekend buying stuff online and doing jobs around the house at last. Feeling pretty good!

Really close to feeling ready for the birth. I hope my debrief doesn't set me back. I've not cried about Byron's birth since a day or two after taking a homeopathic remedy for post traumatic stress. I feel much stronger now.

moomin - which bit of the midlands? I'm in north brum and they're very pro HB round here :)

yesterday and today I've had really badly swollen feet :( I don't know what to do other than drink loads and keep my feet raised - feel really rubbish about it!

im stafford so not too far from you.
i will soon see how my mw reacts to a homebirth, im also getting a doula and hypnobirthing in water...hopefuly lol

u might of heard of stafford hospital on the news for being so bad, so i will not go there lol

I must admit though ive not taken it for a few days, the taste is so awful my stomach cant take it now lol I have another blood test on tues though so I best get taking it again!

Have you tried taking it with fresh orange juice or grapefruit juice? It doesn't taste so bad then, or try taking just one sachet at a time? :flower:

Watching 'Up' I'm going to be a gibbering wreck by the end...this is not meant for pregnant hormonal ladies.

I told him I didn't want to have sex because I didn't want to risk having a baby on December 1. I was okay with any day BUT December 1 to have him on.

Your story has made me laugh, it's sods law!

If you don't mind me asking, why not December 1st though?!

Sex could get something going. I remember with my son, it was November 30th and hubby was horny as hell. I told him I didn't want to have sex because I didn't want to risk having a baby on December 1. I was okay with any day BUT December 1 to have him on. My husband, apparently not learning from our daughter, says to me "You're not due for 13 days, you'll be fine".

So, I caved and let him have his sex. It's 11:00pm. 3:30am, I woke up with what I thought was severe indigestion...nope. My son was born at 11:15am on December 1.

I vote SEX, Kandy. Get that baby out, lmao!

Well we came close to doing it at nap time.... But then he ummmmmmmmm finished before we even started :dohh: There's often times when he's quicker then what I would want but THAT hasn't happened before :wacko:

So I guess we'll have to try again tonight.....

Have you tried taking it with fresh orange juice or grapefruit juice? It doesn't taste so bad then, or try taking just one sachet at a time? :flower:

Yeah I take it with orange juice, usually one sachet at a time.. i tried two at once other day and it didnt stay down :dohh: I was fine couple week ago not sure why my stomach is being so sensitive lately :shrug: lol

My MW is off for week now so if anything happens this next week she wont be with me :nope: Hope they send someone else as nice as her, took a few different MWs to finally get one I actually like lol!

I told him I didn't want to have sex because I didn't want to risk having a baby on December 1. I was okay with any day BUT December 1 to have him on.

Your story has made me laugh, it's sods law!

If you don't mind me asking, why not December 1st though?!

My MIL's anniversary (4th marriage) is December 1, and my biological father's birthday is also December 1. My father was an abusive deadbeat while I was growing up and I didn't want my son to have to share anything with him.

As far as I'm concerned now, December 1 is Isaiah's birthdate and nothing else.

Kandy, sorry he finished before you started. I can relate...trust me. But good luck tonight! Hope to hear some baby news. Would be an awesome b-day present, to share a b-day with a BnB baby...Canadian, at that.

I am going to have to start taking spatone in something else. Since the baby turned I have constant heartburn and orange is killing me! I know I can't put it in grape because of the tannins but I'm thinking of putting it in appetiser! :lol:

Okay Kandy, it's 7:26am on March 14. I've been 25 for an hour and 6 minutes. Hope that little one joins us today. Today is a great birthday!

something just poped into my head. for those of us planning a home birth and have other young children, where will ur child be when u give birth?

Happy birthday Brandi :)

I think I might let Jack be around, he'll have his Nanny (my mum) and Charlie around to take him upstairs if he gets worried, but hopefully I'll be able to reassure him mummy just hurts a little but that means he's going to be a big brother very very soon :p I have a feeling he'll be throwing the plastic balls from his play pit into my pool though :dohh:

Happy Birthday Brandi...today is indeed a good birthday......3 years ago today I was cuddling my eldest daughter after her being born at 10.50am uk time

Oh and in other news....

The car passed its MOT at the non garage MOT centre :happydance: So the first garage didn't know what they were talking about. Even the tyres that we were sooo sure it would fail on were just an advisory.

Means we can afford to go to OH's parents this summer....hire my birthing pool....get my girls birthday presents.....heck even myself a birthday present when I am no longer pregnant.

I actually now feel mostly motivated to organised baby clothes, bedding and the front room so I can have the pool in here

Great news Kat! Happy Birthday Brandi! :D

Not sure what I'm going to do with my son during the birth... It's easy enough if it's at night time, but he's a very -high-energy- child and likes a lot of attention! None of my family live close by, and we've only recently moved here so there's not really anyone I'd feel comfortable with leaving him with... :shrug: Should really speak to OH about it I suppose! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->