Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Good news kitten! We've got our MOT and service on Wed. :wacko:

Moomin my mum will be coming up to take care of Byron. I'm quite happy for him to be around (in theory anyway) but if he doesn't want to be or I change my mind my mum can entertain him. If it's day we might see if we can send him to nursery for a bit. I'd like him to see the birth itself if he is happy being there or to be around to meet his sister asap after.

Havent got time to catch up as I';m in work and Mondays are always flat out - but just wanted to have a hormonal pregnant lady outburst

AARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH if this belleh monster doesnt stop beating up my stomach and stretching what I hope are his feet into my ribs I shall disown him!

</rant>

It's been one of THOSE nights/days.

Good news Kitten,
dd (age 5, almost 6) has said she doesn't want to see baby being born, she said if it is during the day and she is not at school she will play upstairs in her room, however we do have a friend who can have her if needs be. We are just going to play it by ear.

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies!!

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with the kids. If it's the middle of the night, I'll hope and pray I don't wake them. If it's the daytime, I might send them to their current daycare. My daughter is very destructive because of her special needs so having her at home while trying to birth is NOT ideal, lol. I suppose we'll see when the time comes.

I hope I go into labour at night whilst kids are asleep, would be lovely to put them to bed and have them wake up to meet their sister :D but if its during day Ill probably have them around for the early stages then get my mum to take them out for a while when things start to progress. Id love to have my 3 yr old there with me through it all but in reality I know he will play up and probably want my attention, meaning i wont be able to focus on the labour and birth so its best they are out with Grandma lol

Happy Birthday Brandi!

I'm still pregnant....

Had a midwifery appt today.... Can't wait to put those behind me! All is well. Measuring 39cm, baby is cephalic though not engaged at all, and my B/P and pee is all good.

I couldn't chance having my mum here at all, even if it was just to pick up my son - I know she'd hang about annoying me! :lol:

I can't remember who asked (this is a busy thread at the mo!) but yeah 2 sachets a day. The orange juice is giving me terrible heartburn tho so I've been having fresh orange and soda with lots of ice then just chuck a sachet in. At work I've been finding all the innocent smoothies that have lots of vit c in and tipping another sachet in for lunchtimes.

DD (4) wants to stay when I'm in labour, but if I think it's getting too much then I have some friends I can call on to take her down the park and give her a break, she's dead set on staying tho and she's usually really good and doesn't need too much attention. (Hooking the telly up in her room so she can watch a disney film is another secret weapon!) I'm more concerned about the 5week old kittens in the dining room to be honest ..:)

it was me who asked 2ndtimeAbz!

aghh the hose pipe adapter doesn't fit our mixer tap so have just ordered a new one, which will hopefully fit.

neither does mine luna! grrr. I'm going to use gaffa tape to hold it on! :haha:

Woah this thread moves fast at the moment!

All the best to those that are waiting for some labour action.....I have been having cramps on and off, realistically I know this could go on for weeks...but I can't help being a little bit excited as at least I am feeling SOMETHING!

We blew up the birth pool last night for a test run - exciting! And am off to the midwife now for my 38 week appt.

Can I ask those of you that have had a homebirth or have eaten during labour - what type of food is good to eat?

Can I ask those of you that have had a homebirth or have eaten during labour - what type of food is good to eat?

Bananas, toast, lucozade and dark chocolate. For me personally the banana's and toast were great in the beginning and really gave me some energy through out. I then sucked on lucozade most of the time after and the dark chocolate made for a great sugar rush when I needed it. Also, I don't know if you have them, but I had these Belvita biscuits things in the house anyways when I was pregnant as they made for a great snack to munch on at work. Turned out to be gold for me when I went into hospital though (Not saying that'll happen). They weren't too keen on me eating anything, so anytime the midwife left the room DH would sneak me a piece of the biscuit. They're supposed to be great at releasing energy slowly or something so would be good during labour to shove down you if you were keen on eating but needed something.

Sh*t!

I think I have shingles :( Got a red rash (looked like a cluster of acne) on the back of my shoulder on Friday and didn't think too much of it. It hurt to the touch but wasn't extremely painful or anything. It stayed the same over the weekend then this evening I noticed it was hurting more and rather the raised pimply bumps are now looking like shingle blisters. Not to happy about it and a tad bit.... okay a lot worried about it :cry:

Well I'm gonna go hit the books and find out what this means for me and Baby Peanut....

Awwwww that stinks Kandy. I hope it's nothing and you and bubs are fine!

Oh. another great day for a baby is March 25 *hint hint*

Thanks so much Jenni! Great suggestions....I am going to see if we stock those biscuits in NZ. I have bought some lucozade today just in case!

Hope you are ok Kandy - shingles is no fun at all!

Went to the midwife today and just need to have another debrief as I ended up in tears in the appointment and just need to get it off my chest!
She said that as my growth scan showed the baby to be in the 97th percentile she had to recommend I saw a consultant, and that the consultant would probably advise me not to have a home birth.
I decided to turn it down, but she went through all the risks again of having a bigger baby - mainly PPH and shoulder dystocia.
I know she has to tell me these things so I am making an informed choice - but I felt she kind of went on and on about them to the point where I began to feel a bit upset (hormones are not helping either!).
So I had to sign something saying that it was suggested I saw a consultant but turned it down.

I really feel that this is the right decision, but it still makes me feel a bit insecure or something...feeling a bit of a wobble.

I just can't see the point of going into hospital because:

- growth scans are not that reliable
- even if it is - it is estimated to be under 10 pounds
- there is statistically less chance of complications happening at home anyway

I know that bigger babies are supposed to equal bigger risk of PPH and shoulder dystocia - but I thought that the risk was pretty small.

Everything else is fine - perfect FHR, BP etc....

This all sounds ok for a home birth doesn't it? I feel like it is fine...but then when someone is telling you the risks over and over it is hard to remain 100% positive.

I would do the same Lucky. Maybe ask them if the community midwives are trained in managing shoulder dystosia if it occurs?

Kandy shingles should be fine for baby. Not fine for other pregnant women if they've not had chicken pox though. I had a shingles scare with Byron but it wasn't in the end and the doctor was utterly unphased. DH has had shingles. One if the defining features is no rash past the midline. DH's was classic round his torso though the doctor didn't want to believe it on principle that I self-diagnosed it! :dohh: If it is shingles I hope it doesn't get bad for you as the neuralgia can be very uncomfortable. :(

oh KK hope it isnt shingles that cant be much fun at any time let alone PG!

I'm going to make sure I have some isotonic drinks, some cereal bars (nicer ones this time last time we had cheapo ones and I couldnt stomach them) and I'm going to steal some of Hubby's carbohydrate gels that he uses for his long runs (he's a marathon runner).

Theyre little sachets of gel that are loaded with carbs & sugars to give easily digestable energy with very little bulk these things https://www.lucozadeshop.com/body-fuel-gel/03617.html I just remember last time wanting to eat but not being able to face chewing and having much in my stomach.

Sorry for going AWOL peeps but I'm back from a marathon birth and catching up! Have we had any babies over the weekend? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->