Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Sorry ladies I’ve been away for a couple of days!

Gertrude - thinking of you! Sending you lots of love.

Kitten, - congratulations!!! Well done mummy! Can’t wait to see pics of your little lady and hearing how it all went.

Pinkimon - congrats of getting your birth kit delivered - must be all feeling really real and exciting now? X

Lovely big bump pictures Abz and Chuck!.. And Chuck Dewi IS so cute!

Caro - Good news about your BP and the sweep.. Hope thi9ngs are going well.

Lou - Hooray the pool arrived in time!!! I have to admit I was worried for you?! ;-)

Hope everyone has a lovely day! It is stunning!!

We are going out this morning for a walk to the betting shop and place a bet on the National (It’s my one gambling habit!), then, I’m so excited, we are going to have a BBQ on the beach - first one of the year!!! Lets hope it’s enjoyable and that DD doesn’t get caked in sand and or burnt to a crisp!

XxxX

Can't believe it's such a lovely day...and I'm mooching round the house in LABOUR!!! :D
Woke up at 5.30am with regular contractions and lost my plug about 6am. I'm currently LOVING my tens machine and my standing up and walking I've dropped the intervals from 13mins to 7mins. Yeay! No induction!! :D

Brilliant abz! I've been thinking it seems a great weekend to have a baby do I'm glad one of us is! ;)

Great news Abz!
What a lovely day to have a baby! Lots of people seem to be doing something special today :)

I've got an absolute beauty of a coldsore, so will not be leaving the house! Think I'll just sit in the garden knitting :haha:

If it's any consolation smoky I feel sick, sick, sick so doubt I'll get much enjoyment out of the day. My boy wants me to go on a choo choo ride with him, I fear he is set for disappointment yet again.

Do you constantly feel like you need to pee and or poop if baby is engaging?

I keep feeling pressure real low on and off and I don't remember getting it with Dewi, a couple people have said I've dropped a bit this week - I wish! My ribs are killing me.

I get an almost cystitis like pressure on my bladder sometimes which I think is her either engaging/disengaging or shuffling about down there. I've not found it alter my need to poo but that said things have been pretty free and easy for a couple of weeks so who knows? The bladder feeling is often accompanied with some grinding on my cervix. Nice!

Delightful isn't it? As if pregnancy bowels/bladder weren't enough fun without a small person squirming and bouncing on them. I just hope when the time comes this one engages properly, Dewi was not only back to back but wouldn't tuck his chin in hence the slow progress.

I haven't a clue if mine is properly engaged or not. I think she spent a while going in and out but was fairly fixed at the brim at my 36 week appointment. It would seem the sensations are consistent with her generally being in now but it's not been checked. I think second babies can be more tardy about this sort of thing.

I've got no expectation of this one staying engaged fir a while yet given what Dewi did. Got my next MW appt on Tuesday morning so hopefully there'll be some progress. Early days yet though, mind you my LMP dates put me a week ahead of scan dates I had to have 2 x 12 week scans.

it felt like zane was going to fall ouf of my butt constantly when he was engaged hahaha but dont remember any problems with the bladder :S

thats great uve gone into labour abz :D hope baby hasnt kept u waiting too long. im sure ile be on here during early labour like i was with zane hahaha

Oooohhh I wonder how Abz is getting along?

fab news abz! gives me hope too something will happen soon! hope your holding or v near to holding your LO by now!

MM, thanks for the advice re. adrenaline vs oxcytosin (sp!?), am going to try and pretend I'm not due for a while yet and forget about it!

Still just getting tightenings here, but nothing painful so fx'ed it'll develop overnight xx

I can't remember, do people on here know Gertrude had her lo? She posted in the April thread a couple of days ago but no details.

If she did post I'd forgotten!

Yay for Gertrude! Hope all is well.

just to let you all know had my little boy last night :D Nathan David Hepton. 8lbs 9oz! And abit more natural than I intended as we ran out of gas and air just before transition! Trying to feeding established but he's a bit mucousy, had a 'mare getting the placenta out, took over an hour! A few grazes and a small tear we decided not to stitch. 8rilliant Homebirth and thankyou to everyone who inspired me to do this amazing journey! Xxx

Hurray Abz! Glad to hear all went well and you stayed at home despite that naughty placenta taking a while!

Happy healing and hope your little man takes to the boob once he's a bit more used to being earthside.

Enjoy your babymoon hun!

That is truly wonderful news Abz!!! Welcome to the world Nathan¬!
I also had a mare with the placenta with my DD's birth - over an hour... It's a bit frustrating!
So pleased that everything went so well for you, you must feel so proud and estatic!
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->