Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

wow congrats Abz! welcome Nathan :D.

Enjoy being a mummy to two!

xx

Hooray congrats Abz!!

If the placenta takes an age does mum keep having contractions during that time?

Congratz Abz *huge hugs*

And no PB no Aerosmith just silence as OH turned the TV off otherwise it would likely have been the themetune to Homes under the Hammer LOL. Couldn't get lappy working and was more worried about sweeping the floor and pushing toys out of the way really really quickly while hugging the door frame or the brush.

Hered the link for pretty much full story *runs around hugging people*

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...l-our-little-girl-homebirth.html#post10068448

Lol I reckon homes under the hammer would stall my labour, that's easily the very worst show on all tv!

*giggles* We hadn't changed the channel from watching the news LOL

Hooray congrats Abz!!

If the placenta takes an age does mum keep having contractions during that time?

More the other way around for me - It was the lack of contractions which is why mine was taking an age!
Xx

Wheee for new babies!

I'm waiting on news of my nutter hubby, he's running Brighton marathon, it started at 9am so he should be finished by now as he was hoping for sub 3hr 15min!

Oh yeah Chuck hope he gets on ok!? It's got to be exhausting, esp in this weather. Just thinking about that makes me feel tired.
xXx

I'll be glad when he stops the mad training and can actually do something to help around the house and give me some rest!

Not to mention the lie in I asked for for my birthday weeks ago.

Thanks everyone, I think I was so tired by that point and everything was too much of an effort! I was still getting very painful contractions. Today its more terrible afterpains and the achiest thighs I've ever had ( and I used to dance semi pro, so I know about achey legs!) Nathan has still barely fed, but he's not crying at all, just sleeping and snuffling to himself, think he's just tired out but and still worried as boobs dont seem to be doing much either :( hoping him crying will set off my let-down reflex but he hasnt cried yet!!

Oh dear chuck! Is that not good? At least we weren't all running, 37 hours and counting...

Thanks everyone, I think I was so tired by that point and everything was too much of an effort! I was still getting very painful contractions. Today its more terrible afterpains and the achiest thighs I've ever had ( and I used to dance semi pro, so I know about achey legs!) Nathan has still barely fed, but he's not crying at all, just sleeping and snuffling to himself, think he's just tired out but and still worried as boobs dont seem to be doing much either :( hoping him crying will set off my let-down reflex but he hasnt cried yet!!

:hugs:

Abz have you a pump to express some for now? You could always syringe if he is too tired to feed. I always worry about jaundice now after how things were with Byron. I knew he'd be ok once my milk came in but til then I was battling to not have to take him back to bloody hospital for uv.

zane hardly cried at all when he was first born...he found his lungs around 4 days old lol

hope nathan starts to breastfeed more for u soon x

Congrats, Abz. I hope his feeding picks up soon. Sometimes if they swallow mucous, they can have a bit of an icky tummy. Sometimes, they'll have a little vomit, get it all out and then feed brilliantly. Hope that happens. Do watch for jaundice though, as it's a vicious cycle - it builds up, they get sleepy, they don't feed, they get dehydrated from not feeding, jaundice gets worse, etc. Feeding sort of flushes it out of their system, so he may need a bit of encouragement. I'm sure your midwife is keeping an eye on things though. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->