Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Good stuff abz, typical Man eh needs a good poop to get going<facepalm>

Glad he's on the boob a bit more, although it'll be non stop soon enough!

thats great news Abz!

ok ladies i need some encouragement and pma back, i'm feeling like i'm never going into labour! had all the signs and everyday they lead to NOTHING! 2 sweeps last wk, midwife seemed sure i was going to go over the wkend, but nope. She said there was no plug left on Friday, but i've def lost more over the wkend. Last night was even having mildly uncomfortable tightenings every 15mins or so and spent most of the day crying or being on the verge of crying, but still nothing.

If baby doesn't come today as of tomorrow my 2nd midwife on call goes on holiday for a couple wks and my 1st midwife can't deliver tomorrow as shes in an all day clinic then needs to run an antenatal group in the evening :(. Plus at tomorrows appt they'll book an induction date...please I know I could refuse this but I don't want to fight, I just want my little man now :(.

Just feeling like all my prep for a home birth is royally backfiring and i've jinxed myself into going into labour naturally.

Sorry for the pity post! hope you ladies have a lovely day :) xx

Have a glass of wine in the Sunshine and try to forget about it, make plans to go out and do something in the week as if labour is the farthest thing form your mind.

All will be well, baby is waiting for the perfect day is all.

....in other news I want to take my stomach out please it hurts....in fact it BURNS and has been doing so all bloody night grrrrrrrrrrr.

Aw caro, your lo is waiting for the right time. :hugs: If you choose to have an induction when the time comes that's ok, it's your choice after all, but try not to feel pressured by the mws, it needs to be what you want or you'll probably find you're disappointed through the labour and that's no way to start! Remember there's always tomorrow to make a booking if baby doesn't come today. And you can say that every day!

No news from me. Just another day!

Caro wss ^

You could always book an induction and then cancel it? I know it can be very stressful - I think Chuck's approach is a good one - planning nice things to do with your week?

thanks ladies :), feeling much better now! think a good cry was what I needed, have now picked myself up, dusted myself off and am off out for lunch with a friend :).

Will try and make my week nice and busy, but it is tricky when most of my friends work full time!

The insensitive texts are getting on my nerves too now, what is wrong with people just asking how i'm doing rather than, 'where is this baby', 'does he not want to meet us', 'you should have run the brighton marathon', err and on fb, 'any signs yet, i'm getting bored stalking your wall for news'. Very very sorry people, it's much worse for me! lol. Lets just say some texts have been ignored, others have had v short sharp replies! hehe

i dont know about Dewi but I am cream crackered! Took him to toddler group today - for once I'm not at work and people were going and its a couple mile walk then running around and a couple mile walk back after having to go to mothercare and morrisons......I have cankles now.

Is there a hand equivalent of cankles? Wringers - fingers the size of your wrist? I had those yesterday in the sun!

8 days left in work not including today!! :)

Too much chuck! I've had a bath and that's it! I feel so bored but totally demotivated and lazy.

thanks ladies :), feeling much better now! think a good cry was what I needed, have now picked myself up, dusted myself off and am off out for lunch with a friend :).

Will try and make my week nice and busy, but it is tricky when most of my friends work full time!

The insensitive texts are getting on my nerves too now, what is wrong with people just asking how i'm doing rather than, 'where is this baby', 'does he not want to meet us', 'you should have run the brighton marathon', err and on fb, 'any signs yet, i'm getting bored stalking your wall for news'. Very very sorry people, it's much worse for me! lol. Lets just say some texts have been ignored, others have had v short sharp replies! hehe

So pleased you are feeling better, amazing what a good cry can do! I'm all for it - I loved Chuck's idea! :) I know it's hard not to be worried about it all (there is so much pressure from all corners!) You're doing the right thing by geting off fb, and ignoring the texts!

You have been a long time pregnant.. what's a few more days or a week even. Make the most of it. You're ready for this baby, so plan nice things to do, and baby will let you know when they are ready. The tightenings, the mood swings, the time you have; It's all progress, so at the risk of sounding hippy - fill it with joy and dispell/reject negativity. You are doing great!
:hugs:
XxX

Is there a hand equivalent of cankles? Wringers - fingers the size of your wrist? I had those yesterday in the sun!

8 days left in work not including today!! :)

Wringers! bwahahahaha

By the time I got to xmas day last year I thought sod it and ate a massive plate of cheese and biscuits (STILTON AND BRIE INCLUDED) and had some wine.

I figured well I was 'due' on the 17th and I'd been having contractions on and off for 2 days. If I couldnt indulge then when could I?

Maybe I should open one of those little bottles on wine in the fridge...

Confession!
I had a whole bottle of wine the day before DD arrived.. while I was loosing plug and having mild contractions (don't worry I sobered up for the birth), but it made the bouncing on the ball WAY more fun and cut it better than paracetamol ever could! Hahahaha
XxX

I read Spiritual Midwifery yesterday afternoon, and had very odd dreams about hippy men with long hair and beards watching me give birth in a teepee. I quite like the idea of getting a birthing high going, and am considering donning my living room walls with tie dyed sheets and pictures of various deities. I think wine would help too :)

i had a can of lager the day before early labour started with zane...apparently it was supposed to work so i tried it lol....took me ages to drink as i dont like it lol

shame the early labour didnt kick in tho

Have a wee read of this Caro and others who are getting near the end of their pregnancys :flower:
End of Pregnancy Positive Thoughts -

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/01/31/the-end-of-pregnancy-positive-thoughts/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->