Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

YAY ive got a meeting with a doula on friday :D

she sounds lovely on the phone and has also heard about how terrible my local hospital is so she seems very positive about a homebirth....now to tell my mw lol

i did feel abit typsy after drinking a can lol but i will be doing it again with this one to try and get him out lol

drinking alcohol has got to be better than drinking what my ex husband suggested to start off my labours ;)

I've had a couple bottles of Westons 0.5% organic cider so far this pregnancy, they're actually quite nice if you're a cider drinker (and I dont mean that nasty Bulmers crap), they sell it in marks and sparks.

Also had a bottle of Old Rascal cider, it's under 5%, I realised I would have a glass of wine which has a much higher alcohol content so why shouldn't I have a longer drink of something less alcoholic that I would enjoy more LOL

i really like koppaberg and i read on here somewhere that they do a non alcoholic version so that may be my drink of choice through the summer if they do

Yep theres a non alcholic one, you can get in it in tesco and asda (or at least you can in min) but you'll have to hunt for it.

Ooo do like Koppaberg, but Brothers is also really nice too, the strawberry one always reminded me of strawberry chewits

wooo i wanted to strawberry cider the other day but ended up having 1/4 pint of mix fruit instead was lovely

I had a Koppaberg strawberry and lime on Sunday. It was lush.

Hey who moved the homebirth hopefuls logo?

Eta Scrap that, just read what it actually says! :dohh:

hey ladies, thanks for the support yesterday, just to update quickly as we're having internet problems (need new router :dohh:) i'm still pregnant but had a v uncomfortable night and am off for my 3rd sweep this morning so am really hopeful again today. A couple of days of emotional breakdown seem to have done me good and i'm feeling suprisingly optimistic again!

Will try and get online again later and let you know whats happening but will depend if internets working! Hope you all have brill days xx

Teehee from my MW's mouth...'now this is off the record of course but I'm so glad you're choosing to stay at home, you'll get better care! In fact I have 4 ladies hoping to HBAC at the moment!'

She also recounted the tale of how 20 years ago she delivered a baby and then was invited to stay ad share the chinese takeaway they were getting so both MW's stayed ate chinese food and got pissed on champagne! LOL...she said can you imagine that now we'd be struck off!

She also happens to be on duty arounf my due date...here's hoping! She is lovely!

Awww like the sound of that Midwife, ours wouldn't take up the offer of anything no matter how hard my OH tried, at that point (less than hour after birth) he was feeling a little like a spare wheel so was flitting about being a willing dogsbody

Hey ladies I finally got my blood results back from my 6 week check up. The nurse didn't even want to take them saying that there's no way my iron levels would be back up to normal as I was down to under 6! I asked her to take them anyways so I could get an idea.

Well guess what... They're normal!! So I wanted to say thanks to the all tips with getting the Spatone! I also really think my placenta pills were amazing at getting my levels back up. I don't have the exact number yet but she mentioned anywhere between 11 - 11.5 would be considered normal when I got the results. So that's going from 6 to 11 in only 6 weeks! Crazy!

sounds like a fab midwife chuck! mine says similar! really bad thats the case mind!

Fab news Jenni :D

Just got back from midwife, he's still only 2/5 engaged which I think is why nothings happening properly, his head just isn't pressing down enough . Anyway pee still clear of protein etc, and bp remains high but stable so all pleased :D.

She did yet another sweep and this time i'm 2cm dilated everywhere, and cervix is thinning, she said its still not totally soft but managed to do a good sweep, which have to say was pretty uncomfortable this time! and shes made me bleed a little but if it works I don't care! hehe.

Induction was booked for Sunday, just incase. And although she didn't promise anything, shes kinda hoping that I might go in the next couple of days fx'ed everyone! but my midwife also said she'd be happy to come into hospital with me if it does come to induction, which makes me feel 100x better as shes the only person who has done any of my care and it'd be fab if she could see it through and actually deliver, wherever delivery may be. Also I reckon if shes the midwife, even if i'm in hospital it'll stay controlled and the sort of birth I would like!

Off out for a nice walk again this afternoon courtesy of an invite from one of the girls I met at antenatel class, so glad I did that, they've been brillient support and have a feeling will continue to be so! xx

Glad to hear your stretching Caro! Hopefully it keeps up.

Finally just got the number, and wow they weren't just normal they were over the top! 13! The nurse said she was extremely surprised but very glad to hear it, hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->