Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

A little bwhahahah in your face moment

High five.

Good news Caro and Jenni :thumbup:

Chuck - that MW sounds cool - glad to hear there are lots of HBACs going on :)

I had a meeting with my Doula today, which was great and meeting the consultant midwife on Friday to talk over some HBAC stuff - hopefully will go ok - am feeling much more confident about saying what I want and saying "no" to the stuff I don't! :blush:

hello ladies! so sorry I've not been around to post! this is posted from april sweetpeas as I need to shoot off again but wanted to let you know how I got on!

sorry for the delay - babies take up a lot of time (mainly of sitting there staring at how utterly beautiful she is :blush: )

anyway! my birth! sorry this is patchy it's taken from some other messages I wrote (as I don't have time to re-write it)

My labour was 5 hours induced labour - induced because of pre-eclampsia - shame the fucking midwives on shift didn't believe me when I said it hurt - they were idiots until OH a) barged his way back onto the ward to help me and b) told them that at the end of one contraction I said I felt I needed to push/it was different to the previous ones from nothing to 8cm dilated with no one believing you and no pain reflief wasn't my idea of how I wanted to give birth My offical delivery time is 1hr 17mins, though was only in the delivery room for about 50mins - it was so fast the midwife didn't have time to put her gloves on

Anyway, the delivery midwife (when they finaly realised and sent me to delivery) was absolutely fucking amazing, a 2nd degree tear (because she came all out in 1 push) and an utterly gorgeous girl later it really doesn't matter

My OH said that, they'd decided that I was being induced and therefore it would take x hours and wouldn't even consider they might be wrong. I laboured my way - to the point where think that made them just think I was a pain in the arse tbh. I had to be monitored for my blood pressure/baby heartrate and they kept trying to make me lie down - no way on this planet was anyone doing that so I just got labelled. OH said the same when he came back, he pretty much forced his way onto the ward after I emailed him just saying "Help me". They had me in maternity and all partners had to leave at 8pm no discussion - god bless his cantankerous ways as he got back on, I was moved into a side single room (as I was "making a scene" apparently), I got the gas and air to "calm the hysterical woman" and it was after my OH told them to examine me as I was having frequent contractions and they found me to be 8cm dilated already when they realised they'd fucked up.

At no point did anyone tell me what position baby was in, and at no point did they try to help.

In contrast the delivery ward midwife was out of this world brilliant - I asked what the hell I was supposed to do and her reply was "whatever feels right to you to do do it" and it just made me feel so much more in control again. I (don't remember) flew to the back of the bed in the room and laboured knealt up - whilst being monitored still - funny, I'm sure that's what I asked them to do upstairs

Despite the crappy bits, and not being at home obviously, it was the labour I wanted - I was left alone to do what I needed to (because of no care at first, then because of the right type of care) and I had the positions I wanted - firstly because I just ignored their monitoring :)blush: ) and secondly because the other midwife just got it (they made an interesting comment when I said about being made to lie down that they don't see themselves as part of that ward because of things like that), I did it with only gas and air (of and the 2 crucial paracetamol from maternity ward!!), and I got the time with baby afterwards I wanted (which was because my BP went a bit mental so they left me to recover slower than normal which meant WAY more time skin to skin and time for a lovely bath)

I wouldn't change any of it - I would like to slap those two stupid MWs in the face though but I think they, and everyone around them, knew they'd very nearly fucked up - all the mums to be on the maternity ward were just getting up when I got back with my baby and you could see a few of them thinking "errr hang on, what happened there) so I'll take some happiness from that

WOW goes to show that even if it isnt to plan you can still get what you want!!

Glad all is well hun, you should be proud of yourself! So proud you did it all in the face of such idiocy and with induction and monitoring!

Happy healing!

thanks chuck :) I'm taking all the positives from it I can.

I've always said my body lets me down but bloody hell, to get that far without pain relief I'm really pleased about - not the mention her coming out in one :D

thanks chuck :) I'm taking all the positives from it I can.

I've always said my body lets me down but bloody hell, to get that far without pain relief I'm really pleased about - not the mention her coming out in one :D

Cor shhh you! Your body did everything great when you needed it to!

agree! you did fab gertrude :)

so pretty sure i'm in early labour (finally ;)), obviousily booking bub's induction date today scared him into thinking about making an appearance!

Contractions could still fizzle out but are now coming about every 8-12mins and lasting for 40-50secs. I've taken paracetamol and am going to try and get some sleep before they totally get going. I'd better not wake up to them disapeared!! We've set up the lounge and pool ready to go incase it needs filling in the middle of the night, figured it'd be best to have it at least pumped up properly! will update as and when I can :D xxx

agree! you did fab gertrude :)

so pretty sure i'm in early labour (finally ;)), obviousily booking bub's induction date today scared him into thinking about making an appearance!

Contractions could still fizzle out but are now coming about every 8-12mins and lasting for 40-50secs. I've taken paracetamol and am going to try and get some sleep before they totally get going. I'd better not wake up to them disapeared!! We've set up the lounge and pool ready to go incase it needs filling in the middle of the night, figured it'd be best to have it at least pumped up properly! will update as and when I can :D xxx

wooo how exciting! hope this is it for u x

contractions have continued overnight, I've had v little sleep! they're now 6-7 mins apart and pretty strong but manageable with my tens and deep breaths.

Just having breakfast to give me energy then think midwife is popping over to check how much progress i've made and see whether could use pool.

Might not get on again before he's born now but will see how things go :)

thanks for the well wishes! xx

I expect a baby and a happy birth by the time i get back from taking Dewi swimming missy! LOL

How exciting, another BnB HB Hopeful baby!

Apart from the tiny matter of giving birth...what are we all up to today?

I'm waddling down to the swimming pool to meet a couple girls and their toddlers who I met wayyyy back when Dewi was tiny at a baby group. I figured getting a little help might be good as I'm pretty big now LOL, I might get harpooned if I'm not careful!

Apart form that I have a lazy day planned, got someone coming over to pick up the things left behind by the cats we moved on *sniff*.

Oh and picking up cereal...apparently Dewi seems to think he needs to kill his shreddies by squishing them and throwing them about...so perhaps a spot of hoovering alter?

I have a midwife appointment. I have seen my own midwife just three times this pregnancy. I hope I get to see the nice one I had last week, who was the first person to make a positive comment about my home birth!

Other than that, I am going to try to get some freezer cooking done I think... Swimming sounds like a good idea, but I can't be doing with the Easter holidays crowds I'm afraid!

My son chucks ALL his food on the floor at the moment :wacko:

I have aquanatal this morning. My mum comes up to look after Byron on a wed but all the groups they go to are off for Easter so I'm not sure how long she'll stick around. I'm shattered. I hardly had got to sleep before I was up at half 12 and half 2 and half 4 then DH's alarm went off at 6am and he was in with Byron so couldn't turn it off. Sigh. Had period/gut pains much of the morning since the 4 waking. Don't know if it's anything or nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->