Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Kandy do you not have a family doctor or nurse?

I'd rather be violently sick (and the other way) from too much delicious rich food!

Nope, no family doc.... no nurse practioner..... just an incompetent midwife...

An incompetent midwife that wrote on my antenatal records that my primary physical assessment (cardio/pulmonary assessment/thyroid check/routine MSU etc etc) at the beginning of my pregnancy was done by my family physician.... The imaginary one I apparently have. :wacko:

I'm super stressed about it.... It's been a week since I last saw the midwife which was when I was sick and she prescribed me antibiotics which were a category L3 despite her knowing I was breastfeeding. Then she hasn't even bothered to call to check up on me to see if I had died or not or make my f/u clinic appts. Perhaps I should call but I really don't want to. I wasn't really fond of her from the start but thought I'd give her a chance cause some m/w's just suck in clinic but are lovely at births but she's been awful on all levels! Here I've been promoting midwifery to everything and everyone around here only to realize that this is what I've been leading them to. And I know the issues I'm having is with the crappy care from an individual midwife but I feel she's really bringing the whole profession down.

That sounds awful Kandy :( I do agree with the others though, its early days so try and not get too paniced just yet. You really should get a 2nd opinion though.

Congrats Caro!

I had my booking in appointment and we discussed HB a little. She said she thinks i'd be a dab hand at it as i had quite an 'easy' labour with amelie and if all goes well in pregnancy i should be an ideal candidate. She's going to come out to my house one weekend after my scan to discuss it a bit more with me and Stefan :)

oh and in the whole sex to get things moving issue - its orgasm and not just the act of sex that works? Maybe you're better off going manual, lol.

That's great news Blah! :thumbup:

Can you not see a different mw Kandy? There has to be someone who can have a look!

Well my gorgeous little man, Alexander Daniel Martin, arrived last night at 11.55pm at home in the birthing pool! We are going to call him Alex for short :).

Wheeee congrats Caro! Can't wait to hear and see more...happy healing hun.

Lol chuck, swallowing would only be good for making me vomit very violently!!

Might do the trick though eh? Desperate time desperate measures?

And I don't know who to show my foof to :shrug:

Oh it's a sad day when a girl doesn't know who to show her foof to...how come you dont have a family Dr? Will you be getting one at all? If your MW is really awful (which by the sounds of it she is) then perhaps getting some care elsewhere is what you need.

I had my booking in appointment and we discussed HB a little. She said she thinks i'd be a dab hand at it as i had quite an 'easy' labour with amelie and if all goes well in pregnancy i should be an ideal candidate. She's going to come out to my house one weekend after my scan to discuss it a bit more with me and Stefan :)

Ooohhh good news

It is quite sad that there's no one around to show my nether regions to! I used to do it for money.... now I can't even get someone to look for free!!!!! I was even half tempted to post a pic on here but I'm sure that would get me booted off BnB for sure lol. I haven't talked to hubby about it yet... Maybe I'll feel better about it if I just get it out in the open, he's gonna find out that my foof is broken eventually anyhow... or maybe not.

And there's a family doctor shortage in my area. More then half the people here don't have one so I'm on a waiting list with a couple of thousand other people :growlmad:

I am going to try to get a referral to a gyne though. I'm doubting my m/w will want to send me but if I have to I'll go to the walk in clinic and see if the doctor there (who is probably the worst of the worst) will refer me.

Chuck - I'm feeling your pain today... although I haven't been puked on, I've been up with DS since 2.30/3.00am - he's just not tired - argh :wacko:

Well poor Dewi and i went to the Dr's yesterday after his breathing got really bad and he's back on 2 inhalers and steroid tablets!

Have to go back today for a reassessment. boo.

Although he has drunk some water and milk today without coughing it up on me...WIN

Congratulations Caro :D

Still nothing to report here, sadly. I fully expect at least another week/10 days before anything happens though so I'm trying not to get too fed up. However, I am booked for a sweep on Weds so fingers crossed that starts the eviction process.

Saying all that, I am feeling 'weird' today. Just really antsy and can't seem to focus or settle on anything. Doesn't help much that I got very little sleep thanks to horrid back ache. Sigh.. I am so done with pregnancy!

Feeling unsettled could be a good thing! Either that or Mr Monki is in for a hard time lol

I'm already driving Mr Monki mad, I think he's opting to stay well out of my way today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->