Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Quality Street all the way I say :thumbup:

Monki - I'm a day ahead of you. Our mobiles are off, and we've unplugged the landline this weekend. I can't imagine why I'd forget to call family to tell them the baby's here, but they do seem quite intent on ringing to check.... :coffee:

Hah, the OH's aunt called to 'check if there's any news' the other day, and I told her baby was 3 days old already.. She didn't see the funny side!

I genuinely don't understand why they think we'd forget to mention a new arrival.. Although In my case family has already been pre-warned that anyone turning up without being invited first will be turned away at the door so maybe I can understand it after all!

I'm grumpy too. Can I admit it? It's not even that I'm so massively uncomfortable, I'm just a bit fed up. A week and a half of serious sighs. A bout of false labour. Byron arrived a week ago tomorrow. This morning I really thought I was trickling waters but lay to check for pooling and nothing. We've missed the sure start grant, we've missed my late Godmother's birthday who my girl is named after, now we've missed all the bank holidays as DH won't be able to claim them back because of getting full pay the first week (I'm losing a full week of them this leave :(). I felt so happy and ready for labour when things seemed to be starting last Wed, it seemed perfect but not to be. Now I feel grumpy and tired and lazy and endlessly sick. Anyway...

Glad you're all settled in pink and that is some serious nesting! I've had no nesting though people think it is everytime I actually bother to a thing in the house. Happy guess date! ;)

Sorry you feel crap chuck. Lots of lemon and honey?

Lots of faceache is about all I can manage right now.

Its the weekend so hubby is off work so he's busy sorting the jungle sorry ahem 'garden' so I have to be busy indoors.

Hah, the OH's aunt called to 'check if there's any news' the other day, and I told her baby was 3 days old already.. She didn't see the funny side!

That's hilarious - I'm going to do that when the time comes :haha:

Is it bad that I made Dewi's lunch, brought it in and he's fallen asleep in his highchair and I just caught myself eating his lunch?

He looks how I feel...
https://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/miss_charlie_photo/dd1d32b5.jpg

:hugs: Peanut, I'm sorry you're feeling so sh*tty! Hopefully baby won't take too much longer now and hopefully now that baby coming on it's own time rather than being pressured out by PROM will result in a much easier quicker straightforward labour with baby having an easier earthbound transition.

Thanks Kandy. For sure the longer I am pregnant the more it adds weight to my theory that Byron wasn't ready. My friend's taken Byron to the park. Quiet rest!

hahahah chuck.
thats happened with zane once so i eat his lunch and made him fresh when he woke up lol

Oh dear. The last pair of maternity trousers which actually fit me have just split as I sat down :blush: Could really have done without that. My weight gain this pregnancy has been quite monumental I'm afraid. Hope it shifts as quick as it did last time, but I'm kinda kicking myself for not being slightly more sensible....

Chin up PB, all these changes must mean something is happening, even if it's not what you want to happen now, ie. actual labour! Baby must be rather happy in there for now, maybe have a word with the bump and explain how much you want to meet them!!

Oh girls, save me from myself watching 16 and Pregnant... another poor teenager, flat on her back, epidural, 2 hours of coached pushing and the bloody doctor seems surprised that baby is not making and appearance. She's now having a section which she really didn't want, and she looks like she's been robbed :nope:

OH is in Benidorm this weekend on a stag - he hasn't been off the phone to me bless him! - so the pram is getting taken apart and washed, flat scrubbed clean, lots of :coffee: and TV!

I tried a bit of diy hypno while home alone earlier, figure it's good to try extra things as well as the mp3s. So I had a go at thinking about cervix dilation and interestingly had some twinges in my cervix and a bit of cramping. Coincidence? Tried some of my own birth affirmations too to try and ease some of my particular concerns like that this girl is mostly posterior at the moment! She will turn. It was good! I also dozed a little in and out while doing it.

Brilliant PB. I think that type of visualisation can be really effective. Now can you just visualise my woman's cervix opening and her letting go so when I go back to her tonight she's ready to let her baby out!! I've been up since 4am and I'm jiggered!!

Oh dear! Maybe if we all did it it would be like mass prayer? Tmi but I've been oozing and crampy ever since, wondered if I dilated a little...?

when i was dilating with zane it felt like he was going to fall out of my ass for the first 2 cms lol
hope u are getting there peanut and things are moving

when i was dilating with zane it felt like he was going to fall out of my ass for the first 2 cms lol
hope u are getting there peanut and things are moving

Sounds delightful?

LOL

Dewi never got fully engaged so I never felt like that last time.

I'm getting bum pressure which is something I also never had with Byron.

Maybe you did! Have you read Ina Mays guide to childbirth? She talks about attending a woman who seemed to get 'stuck' around 7cm and he husband randomly said during a surge something like 'you're amazing' and she said she felt her cervix dilate as he said it! So she got him to keep saying it with each sensation and had her baby 2hrs later!!! Think that cervix open!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->