Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh my gosh. The risk is the same 1 c section to first labor! So if that is his concern then he needs to read up on the statistics! ******. Not only that but most midwifes have ALL they need to make sure you and baby are safe. And it's not like your midwife will keep you at home if she thinks something is wrong she is going to take you to the hospital. I would go see someone else. I found a great doctor who was supportive of OUR let me repeat OUR decision for home birth with our daughter. He was like, " Women have been birthing babies thousands of years." lol If your not high risk you don't deserve to be in a hospital. (in my opinion.)

At one point I said to him "what I don't understand is why make a fuss about uterine rupture when there's greater risks in all labours"..he just kinda talked around the question and ignored it.

He did ackowledge that it was my decision, as did the midwife who saw me before hand.

Sounds a lot like my last consultant appt. Didn't answer any questions and just repeated the risks which I had just acknowledged

They way we thought of it is that they didn't give us new info so our decision stands. You've just spent ages with them trying to scare you so it's natural to question yourself. I would feel awful if something went wrong at home but would feel worse if I went against my better judgement and something went wrong

I'm planning on asking my questions in a letter soon ish. Then then can't side step and talk bullshit (hopefully)

Hugs

Apparently the consultant is going to write to me outlining the risks...... so ofc I'm going to copy type it somewhere in this forum when constructing my response. I'm sure Chuck will be able to help me!

Oh great! Save you looking it up on Wikipedia :)

Some advice I've been given (but which is hard to follow) is just ignore them and go with what you want. You've done your research and made an informed choice. They didn't tell you anything you didn't already know so means you've done it well :)

I just hate the way I'm made to feel like some crazy hippy home birth activist. All I'm doing is looking at the available information, weighing up the pros and cons and making a decision on where is the best place for me to give birth to my baby. Ok, hospital births reduce some risks.....but they massively increase others.

They're just used to people doing what they tell them. Most consultants like the sound of their own voice and do not like being disagreed with. I'm an interpreter and find that they generally don't like being told what to do even if they dont know. The number of prescriptions I've had handed to me rather than the patient is shocking. Telling em the right way to do things is a way to get my own back!

People used to think the world was flat and the mad few who thought it was round were probably treated like mad hippy types.

I felt like that about GBS. MOrtality is 1/10000, way less than many many other potential complications and treatment with antibiotics doesn't necessarily do anything anyway. It's bizarre how they pick one risk to throw around willy nilly. :wacko:

yep its crazy therse a higher risk of cord prolapse in a normal vaginal birth than uterine rupture of a vba1c, not sure on the risk after more sections but it does go up.
they say the same thing over and over and over and im sure im gonna get the " shoulder dysotica" argument from them when i annouce my HB plans but after naturally having ds2 at 10lb 12oz without sign of him getting stuck then i reckon i can push a bigger one out too lol.

well i think i might be in early labour. contractions have started but they are all over the place and dont hurt. they seem to be all in my back like with zane, so having back pain anyway doesnt really help define when they stop and start hahah

still have a feeling nothings going to happen anytime soon tho as this does feel like it did with zane and that lasted ages

Oooo I hope this is it for you moomin!! Easy labour vibes coming your way!! :dust: xx

Oh moomin! Get yourself some good rest tonight in preparation. :)

i bet now ive mentioned it hes not going to turn up for like 2 weeks hahaha

seen as i cant see a real pattern im going to go bed, get some sleep and see how i feel tomorrow. im in no way telling my mum as she will start texting everyone she knows saying im in labour

yep get plenty of rest hun, hope you wake up sometime (after a decent spell of sleep ) with real contractions and everything happens for you,

well i managed to get to sleep, to be woken up at 1 by zane. he then slept in my bed and kept waking me up :( i got woken up by 1 big contraction and now nothing :dohh:

i knew soon as i opened my mouth it would all stop lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->