Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

thousands of women every day have boring ol hospital births where they dont really have any problems but theyre not particularly amazed by the whole process so theres not really much to say. youll only get an unasked for story from someone who has an extremely good/bad birth i reckon.

Linzi, it's worth remembering: even though you've booked your induction, if it gets to the time and you've changed your mind and think "actually I'll go for expectant management [which is one of the options they should've given you during that conversation] and not go for an induction just yet," you're totally within your right to cancel the induction at any point and wait for things to happen or "encourage" them in other ways. ;)

hope baby gets a move on, EJ wasnt engaged prior to my induction with him cervix was high posterior although soft less than 8 hrs before he was born

my consultant denies that expectant management exists and told me that they never do monitoring of any kind ever (wrote that I wanted 'monitoring' in my notes, note the sarcastic quote marks....). im calling bullshit, but im sure its not something they offer as standard here even tho the NICE guidelines say they should.

I've just read through the NICE guidelines and actually suprised how much info they didn't give me voluntarily today. They didn't ask if I was ok for them to book induction, she got straight on the phone and I was like "just wait, hang on a second..." and asked everything myself.

I'm not 100% happy. I feel uneasy about it as does my husband. I think I need a bit more time to weigh up what I want (fortunately I've got a week) there's justa few things I'm concerned about that have pushed me to agree (for now).

We'll see. I don't know. I'm so confused about the whole thing.

xxx

Linzi they are not great at letting anyone in the pool at that hospital so if you do decide to go in yu need it in writing from a supervisor of mws or preferably a consultant. They will say all sorts before hand but on the day it's often a different kettle of fish. I had a client promised access to the pool etc and on the day they just blank said no. We tried ringing supervisors etc but we didn't get anywhere. They will not stick their necks out at all unless someone much further up the chain has put it in writing that they take full responsibility. I've seen it in action twice now at hospital births. One we did get the pool in the end but literally 10 mins before birth so she laboured without the water for hours at the hospital while they procrastinated about her getting in and I spent most of my time really pushing the to make a decision which took me away from supporting the couple...

Linzi they are not great at letting anyone in the pool at that hospital so if you do decide to go in yu need it in writing from a supervisor of mws or preferably a consultant. They will say all sorts before hand but on the day it's often a different kettle of fish. I had a client promised access to the pool etc and on the day they just blank said no. We tried ringing supervisors etc but we didn't get anywhere. They will not stick their necks out at all unless someone much further up the chain has put it in writing that they take full responsibility. I've seen it in action twice now at hospital births. One we did get the pool in the end but literally 10 mins before birth so she laboured without the water for hours at the hospital while they procrastinated about her getting in and I spent most of my time really pushing the to make a decision which took me away from supporting the couple...

Wow I had no idea hun thanks for the info. Do you know who I would go about talking to about that? I'm so worried about the pain in induction that I really was hoping the water would be available :/ xxx

You will do VERY well to get the pool for an induction. I don't know anyone who has managed to negotiate it. :( I'd talk to the consultant who you are booked for the induction with ideally and ring labour ward and ask for a meeting with a supervisor of mws. x

would they let you take a blow up pool in? then youre not using their equipment and they dont have to go mental about health and safety.

No blow up pools at that particular hospital but even the ones that do allow them wouldn't for an induction unfortunately.

if id had time i would have gotten the pool with EJ but we didnt have time lol i dilated too fast,
honestly i cant say the contractions were much worse with EJ after prostoglandin gel than with Nate

She said they probably wont use the gel, they'll more than likely break my waters :( If it was the gel I think I'd be happier.

Thanks Lisa hun, I don't know who I'm booked with, I just have an info sheet with the date on & I have to ring at 730 on the day to see when they want me.

xxx

If you ring either your MW or labour ward they will be able to get yin touch with a supervisor as a first port of call x

Hopefully now that you are booken with it it will be enough to start labour off

Kind of thought now that Im just waiting for thursday and not expecting to go into labour naturally maybe that will help to get things moving coz Im not thinking about it iykwim?

Backwards thinking kind of :rofl:

xxx

I know exactly what you mean honey - will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

It does sometimes work like that. You (well not just you all women!) have to just truly accept that no one, not even the mws and consultants, can control exactly when your baby will be born. Surrender. Let go.
I know one woman was het up about the same things you are probably thinking of and she decided to write lines. You know school stylee....she wrote down on a side of A4, over and over....
I can not control my labour

......and the next day.....well I think you know what happened....

This is true. Kinda like rupture during V/HBAC. I have met one person who did rupture, and it was a bad one. But she had the support of her doctor, was in the hospital. When she was telling me her story, she didn't know I was planning to HBAC, and when I mentioned how rare rupture was, she said "I know, and my doctor reassured me of the same thing. I was just unlucky."

Just had pretty much that exact convo with my midwife - people are much more keen to talk about bad experiences than good ones.

xx

I didn't mean for it to sound like she was happy to tell me her negative story. It was an open conversation and she never said "don't vbac". She made an educated decision and once I told her I was planning to VBAC, she still was encouraging and supportive. I don't mind hearing bad stories in that context. It's the my friend of a friend's sister ones that annoy me. KWIM.

Oh and you could try homeopathy or reflexology. There are a couple of reflexologists in leeds who have excellent reps for triggering labour! One of my clients was labouring within hours of just one session!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->