Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Get the clary sage out too. I swear thats what made my waters break. I had a radox bath with some extra clary sage, then mixed some with sweet almond oil and straight onto my bump at about 7pm. By 12am my waters had gone and by 3.15pm she was here.

i am a massive believer in plenty of :sex: too - i live by 'what gets them in gets them out' :lol:

This is true. Kinda like rupture during V/HBAC. I have met one person who did rupture, and it was a bad one. But she had the support of her doctor, was in the hospital. When she was telling me her story, she didn't know I was planning to HBAC, and when I mentioned how rare rupture was, she said "I know, and my doctor reassured me of the same thing. I was just unlucky."

Just had pretty much that exact convo with my midwife - people are much more keen to talk about bad experiences than good ones.

xx

I didn't mean for it to sound like she was happy to tell me her negative story. It was an open conversation and she never said "don't vbac". She made an educated decision and once I told her I was planning to VBAC, she still was encouraging and supportive. I don't mind hearing bad stories in that context. It's the my friend of a friend's sister ones that annoy me. KWIM.

Oh no hun sorry I didn't mean that Im just not very good with words :dohh: Just that for example if you plan a VBAC a lot of peoples critisizm could be rupture but actually even though there are a few unfortunate times that it does happen, the chances are extremely low. But you tend to remember if you know someone who has had one iykwim?

Oh and you could try homeopathy or reflexology. There are a couple of reflexologists in leeds who have excellent reps for triggering labour! One of my clients was labouring within hours of just one session!

I'll def look it up!! My feet are rank though there aint no one touching them!! One of my friends does acupuncture thoguh. Anmd I also have another friend who is into white witchy stuff based on moon cycles (can't think of the proper term for what she does) but she's doing a little ritual for me tomorrow when there is the full moon :)

Get the clary sage out too. I swear thats what made my waters break. I had a radox bath with some extra clary sage, then mixed some with sweet almond oil and straight onto my bump at about 7pm. By 12am my waters had gone and by 3.15pm she was here.

I went looking for clary sage in Holland & Barratt the other day but I couldn't find it, had no idea what it looks like tbh!! is that where you can get it from? Or is it more like a Boots kind of thing?

i am a massive believer in plenty of :sex: too - i live by 'what gets them in gets them out' :lol:

No way in hell :rofl: I asked mw today if there was anything I could be doing and she said "In my experience, the only thing that seems to actually work is nipple tweaking but you have to do it for quite a while for it to be effective", when we got out I said to my husband "SEE she said NOTHING about curry or any kind of sex!" :rofl: he was pretty disappointed I thyink :haha:

it comes like an oil. You know the little jars of essential oils you get for an oil burner? One of those. I have seen them in Boots yes :)

https://www.boots.com/en/Botanics-Aromatherapy-Pure-Essential-Oil-Clary-Sage-10ml_10731/

wow moomin im so jealous 4 hours thats amazing! hope you are doing good. this is the first day ive had a minute to myself! Cleo is adorable im so in love with her, cant believe she is a week tomorrow!
heres a couple of cleo, I will probably get round to doing a birth story by the time she is a month old lol!

Attachments

• IMG_9223.jpg
    IMG_9223.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9274.jpg
    IMG_9274.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 6
wow moomin im so jealous 4 hours thats amazing! hope you are doing good. this is the first day ive had a minute to myself! Cleo is adorable im so in love with her, cant believe she is a week tomorrow!
heres a couple of cleo, I will probably get round to doing a birth story by the time she is a month old lol!

She's beautiful!! Huge congrats xxxxxx

I truly believe the letting go thing for labour after having Stanley.

I was so worked up and tense about the labour without even realising (I thought I was ok with stuff or at least that was how I had rationalised things) but I when I had a huge screaming row with my mum the morning I went into labour I felt such a HUGE sense of relief like a huge weight had been lifted after I vented all that pent up frustration and without many prior niggles bam that day I went into labour.

wow ive got some catching up to do on here lol
heres my rubbish birth story as im typing it one handed.

contractions started 12.20 5 mins apart on wednesday, so got up and called my mum and doula.
mum and sister got here and blew up the pool and i decided to start putting hot water in.

i was using tens and birthing ball. things picked up fast and at 3 we called my doula and the midwife.

at 3.50 i needed to push, mw and doula hadnt got here yet and the pool wasnt ready.
i jumped into the pool and mw got here, corey had already crowned. so she got here just in time lol and he was born after 15 mins of pushing.

i delayed cord clamping and got my natural 3rd stage which took 10 mins. mw wasnt happy but i wasnt letting her boss me around.

unfortunatly i tore inside and a small tear on the outside so i had to go hospital to get stitches:(
breastfeeding is killing me but we are getting there

he weighs 7lb 8oz and 52cm long, so smaller the zane lol

DSCF2165.jpg

i had a radox bubble bath before i went to bed tuesday night lol so maybe it really does start things off lol

wow i didnt realise they take 3 hours to arrive :shock: You were like 10 mins off an unassissted HB.

That picture is gorgeous :cloud9: Zane looks so happy.

if it wasnt for my mum sayin dont push breath i wouls of had him in 5 mins of pushing lol

i cant believe how quick it was, i was still able to have a conversation thru all my contractions, but i didnt shout this time lol suprised zane slept thru it

Excellent moomin! Yours sounds just like mine minus the retained placenta and 18 hour labour buildup! :rofl:
Ps Look at those gorgeous curls!!

Beautiful babies both, moomin and Jodie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->