Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

still all seems so unreal that ive had him and i got my hb! granted it wasnt like i had planned and my doula missed it lol

my poor little sister who was round incase zane got up saw everything haha

good experience for her when she wants to contemplate having her own kids though

gorgeous baby pics ladies :)

Linzi how are you feeling today?? x

wow moomin what an amazing story you did amazing!! & you have the most gorgeous 2 boys you must be so proud <3

Im ok today thanks hun, it's been my last full day with Seth on my own before the baby arrives, so we've had a mega busy day. I'm proper shattered he's ran rings round me :rofl: But it's been a very special day & one I wont forget. I had a few tears this evening about the induction again but I think Im just tired. I'll be ok in the morning when I've had some sleep :) thanks for asking hun xx

aww linzi sorry to hear ur having to be induced but its not always bad and u can still have a great birth xx

Beautiful pics ladies!

Linzi don't be down on yourself. You are making informed decisions and you know you can change you mind or still not need an induction. Not all inductions are long drawn out and horrible. If things are ready you may just need a little kick start.

Stanley was still only 3/5ths palpable a few days before I went into labour and I never felt him drop, being engaged isn't a be all and end all for labour.

Good luck linzi. I'm sure you'll be fine. You'll be carrying all those lovely homebirthing vibes with you. :)

My last two didn't engage until labour. Engaging DEFINITELY isn't the be all and end all!

harry was engaged from 37 weeks and he still didnt shift his lazy self until 42 weeks so i dont know why it matters :shrug: i think its just another one of those facts and figures things they place far too much emphasis on to make you feel optimistic/pessimistic when really its pretty much tosh!

DD was engaged from 36 weeks, if not earlier, but didn't put in an appearance til 42 weeks. Most definatley don't think it matters.

Seth never engaged at all, I mean he must have at some point, but when I went into hospital in labour with him his head was still free somehow. I'm not too worried about that tbh.

xxx

2nd and subsequent babies tend to bob in and out quite a bit too.... so you could go to one appt and the baby be partly engaged and then go the next and it be free etc etc

2nd and subsequent babies tend to bob in and out quite a bit too.... so you could go to one appt and the baby be partly engaged and then go the next and it be free etc etc

Yeah we went at 36 or 38 weeks and she was pretty much all in, midwife could only feel 1/5th of her head!! Since then she's popped back out again. Hubby thinks she's having a run up :haha:

xxx

corey was 4/5th the day before i went into labour. but anyway dont feel bad about being induced if thats what needs to be done, just refuse to stay on the bed lol

haha that made the image of a baby taking a run and putting their hands above their head in a diving position and lunging forward like a belly slide...!!!

yeeeerrr......... i need to get out more!!!!!!!!

I laughed when Matt said it :haha: bless him! Had the same image in my head :haha:

Moomin I feel ok about being induced, Im just worried about them breaking my waters. It sounds totally ridiculous but I worry it will distress her. All the water just disappearing, she wont be expecting it and I don't want her to feel scared :dohh::dohh: Ive already had my husband and MIL laugh at me for saying that, and I know it's reeeeeally silly, just can't get it out of my head it doesn't seem right. Im going to ring on Monday and push for a sweep at the hospital one day before Thursday. I don't quite understand why she wouldn't do one at my appointment, fair enough her head isn't in but she even said herself you can go into labour without the head being engaged. Im going to push them for it I think because I think it would be better all round :/ surely they don't want to have to induce people :/

Is there anyone else in here due now ish? Full moon tonight!! Hope it gets somebody going :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->