Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

LOL because so many HB are problem riddled? WTF?

Some people are just knocked out of whack by HB and intervention free labours as all you ever hear and remember are the horror stories.

Great news about your stitches being a-ok moomin :) I cant wait to have the :cloud9: period after having my LO when people ask you a million questions about the birth and you can relive it over and over!

I just bought my birthing pool. A la bassine with the thermometre, hose and tap connector AND a liner for a bargain.. £30! Just need to get a pump. Can I just get a pond one?

Yes a decent pond one will do the trick! If who ever is emtying it set it's off syphoning to start with it's faster than the pumps then you can do the pump for the last few inches of water :)

So it seems as if bubs might be on the move. He/she has been spending more and more time NOT in the transverse position. I can't exactly tell what position s/he is in, but it is not constantly straight across me like it's planking anymore! So I am feeling a tad more confident about getting my homebirth. SO Mervs Mum could you add me to the front page please? i am due 26th Sept and this is my second baby but first attempt at a home birth!

SO now I need to get everything organised! I am going to order a La Bassine and it seems they get delivered pretty quick which is good. I need to sort out a hospital to have in case of transfer and a box to keep at home. Do you basically just need 2 of everything one for your home box and one for your transfer bag (in terms of nighty, baby clothes, nappies etc) and then a load of towels, shower curtain, torch etc for box...................eek it all seems quite close now that I am actually allowing myself to think about the birth!

oo i never even thought about a torch :shock:

Where has everyone brought their poosl from? I need a small ish one but dont want to spend a fortune on something to be used once.

my mum bumped into a neighbour of mine today and found out that the abulance that came to take me to hospital had their bloody sirens on and flashing lights so woke them up :dohh:
sirens just to take me to hospital hahaha, my mum apologised and took great pleasure in telling her that she basicaly delievered corey herself lol shes never going to let that go

i saw my HV today, shes lovely bless her. she was zanes HV so she knew my OH, soon as she saw corey she said omg its another thomas lol she knew i wanted a hb so she was really happy i got it

i am getting my pool from made in water and then selling it on to our very own MM (again!!!) :D

My MW told me if they need to transfer me to hospital for any reason it will be deemed as an emergency so an emergency ambulance will be called >.>

I have never really had anyone ask me about either of my births, as if they are taboo. Out of the few people I have vaguely talked to at least two seem to have decided Indigo's was traumatic! This weekend we visited the great grandparents and took some photos along as I've just done a load of albums. They included pics of me and Indigo right after giving birth, her still attached and us both sweaty and gloopy. DH's grandma was apparently so taken with the image she wants copies! Everyone else just disn&5 mention my blood stained nursing bra and the pic of the placenta! :lol:

So it seems as if bubs might be on the move. He/she has been spending more and more time NOT in the transverse position. I can't exactly tell what position s/he is in, but it is not constantly straight across me like it's planking anymore! So I am feeling a tad more confident about getting my homebirth. SO Mervs Mum could you add me to the front page please? i am due 26th Sept and this is my second baby but first attempt at a home birth!

yay on baby moving out of transverse! :dance: that's my baby's new fav position during the day, lol - i want it to move head down and stay there!

My MW told me if they need to transfer me to hospital for any reason it will be deemed as an emergency so an emergency ambulance will be called >.>

yeah they blue lighted us in even though molly had started breathing on her own. my placenta was stuck but certainly wouldn't have said it was an emergency.

it was blimmin painful tho so quite pleased for it in the end. gave my nebby neighbours something to goss about as well xx

I dont know if I was blue lighted with wither transfer, possibly with Stanley as I was in hard labour, 10cm chuffing on GnA like crazy, but Dewi I was off my face on pethadine and nowt really happening.

Will have to ask hubby, I was concentrating too much on ctx with Stanley and just how much the bloody ambulance was shaking/rocking around!

Think we just going to buy a new pool, Was watching some on ebay and they all sell for around £90 plus postage if its the full kit anyway and can buy a brand new one with kit for like £120...

Think our little girly may have a name now!! Lexi June Newson

Just been chatting to my husband about Molly's birth again as it was a week ago today. He told me something that I didn't know had happened, he assumed I'd heard the conversation.

The reason they transferred me was because they thought I was loosing too much blood, not because of Molly because she was breathing ok. They wanted an ambulance there "as soon as possible" because after the midwife snapped the cord from the placenta, loads of blood started gushing out. Matt said he hadn't seen so much blood in his life and he was terrified.

Could this have been coming from the placenta rather than me? According to my notes my blood loss was normal, so the only thing I can think is that because they didn't leave the cord to stop pulsing and then she snapped it that it would have been coming out of the placenta?

If that's the case I'm even more annoyed because I shouldn't have had to transfer. I would have lost all of my preferences and managed more than 5 mins skin to skin with her for the sake of her stupid mistake :(

congrats on agreeing on a name, Lesley! DH & I are not near that point yet, lol...

the ambulance was blue light to get me but took their time getting to the hospital to waste time on their shift they told me lol i was really in no rush to be stitched up anyway so i didnt mind

My transfer wasnt blue lights.

Linzi did molly not poo in the waters? We had to tranfer because of that as willow needed 24 hours obs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->