Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

It might also be good to ask for a copy to go to Leeds Maternity Service Liason Committee too. It's made up of members of the public with an interest in improving services locally. AIMS is the association for improvement in maternity services and they would be worth copying in too. [email protected]

I think my bf consultant told me rubbing circles in the palm triggers the suckle instinct.:shrug:

The LC I spoke to when I had Dewi called it their suck button...press their suck button to get them to keep going'

LOL

Yeah I don't really think I meant apology, I don't really know what I want from them tbh.

An acknowledgement that you didn't get the care and respect you deserved.

Theres a member of Leeds MSLC who attends the home birth group to feedback to the commitee. Maybe you will feel able to share your story there at some point. It might be helpful in processing things and starting to heal. x

Who has the baby valium please?

Stanley was a pain last night!!!

becstar, so sorry for your loss and huge congrats on your rainbow baby reaching 17 weeks! welcome!

afm, just checking in: had my m/w appt yesterday, and baby's laying sideways in the hammock position!! sounds cute, but i really just want the baby to go head-down in the next couple weeks (m/w said she won't be concerned for another 4 weeks) and to stay head-down...

hope you ladies are doing well!!

can u add me to homebirth hopeful please, due dec 13th, got all my arrangements with midwife done wooo cant wait :)

i think cookie may be heading down... had LOTS of the cervix scrape feeling in the past 24 hours :S... totally forgot how horrible it felt!!!

got the MW for yet *another* blood test on mon for my iron so ill get her to have a feel...
i measured my fundal height today and she is still measuring 3 weeks behind... wonder if she will have a spurt now in the last 8 weeks and catch up with herself!! :D

aw ladies thank you so much for all the support and advice! Manda that is beautiful and made me cry! not hard today haha!
im perservering with the breastfeeding but cleo now has terrible gas and was in pain all night i didnt know how to help her poor little thing
I need to set you lot on MIL she took cleo out of my arms yesterdau speaking in spanish and then i realised she had taken her in her room to lie down for a nap! i was too much a wimp too go in and get her whats wrong with me! i was so upset OH went and got her. shes leaving tomorrow and im glad as i just want to get on with my little baby and she is making me feel out of place in my own home!

congrats becstar :)

And keep her by you. Throw a fit about it if you have to! She's *your* baby, not hers. She's had her go. If she wants to help, she can change her nappies, listen out for her and/or cuddle her while you have a bath. But if she's crying and hungry, she needs to go on the breast. If she's crying and needs comfort, the breast is great for that, too. She's spent all this time inside *you* and needs her mummy (and she knows the difference, even in a cuddle - you smell, sound and look like what she wants) when she cries these first few months. If the MIL is there to help you, she should do what you ask, not as she wishes. (Sorry, overbearing people interfering with the mummy/baby drive me mad. Can you tell?)

Are you on FB, Linzi (edit: reading this back, I think I meant Jodie...)? Lactivist, The Leaky B@@b and Dispelling Breastfeeding Myths are some of my favourite places for advice and support. x

adding these now also, thank you x

Formula would only make her gas worse (or even EBM in a bottle) as they take a lot of air in through feeding. Does she cry a lot? They take it air bu crying too. Its horrid when theyre like that, i used to hold amelie sort of upright against my chest and give her a gentle 'squeeze' type position and shuggle her about to help the gas move.

I was going to try EBM but dont want her to get used to bottle plus like you said more gas! shes only really cried today although not unbearably or for too long, shes easily settled if I hold her, she wants to be attached to my nipple all the time! all through the night she wasnt screaming, more grimacing and grunting and pulling her legs up etc so I know shes in discomfort poor little thing

This used to happen to Imogen as well, when she was really little and used to fall asleep without burping, after a while she started chucking up as well and we thought she had reflux - but it was just the trapped air! I then had to sit her upright even when she was asleep and jiggle her - if you could hear liquid sloshing about in her tum then we knew there was air in there, and enough gentle jiggling and patting usually got it out eventually! It got a lot easier after a few weeks but hopefully for you it's just the same thing, if she's falling asleep when feeding. Also, if they are taking in too much air when suckling you may hear a wee bit of a clicky sound now and then, try to re-adjust the latch. HTH xx

I think all newborns have gas issues. Their little systems have never had to work as they do after birth & it takes the gut some time to get settled & it's natural flora to develop. I found some gentle tummy massage worked for us. Massge in a circle starting at the belly button and moving down to the left, across & back up to the belly butting. I would also massage in a x pattern across his belly. Then really gently push his knees up to his belly and side to side. Kinda rolling his lower half. This would help get the gas moving.

It must be hard being a brand new baby :( poor little mites.

I'm just waiting on my MW to do my visit about HB :) Wonder what she'll say.. prob just highlight risks and stuff.

i did post this in post natal support but havent got ant replys and new u ladies would help if u can so here goes....

this time around i had internal stitches, they have been fine but i noticed where the doc tied them up i had abit of the stitch material hanging down. that fell off so thought great stitches must be dissolving.

well i went for a wee last night and noticed about 2 inches of the stitch material hanging out of me i cut some off as i didnt fancy having it left there lol

im wondering if this has happened to anyone else? i dont really want to be checked out :(

other then that all is well and feeding is going great

That sounds like its probably normal moomin. I imagine that they look like theyre hanging off as theyre being disolved. I've not had any though so I'm not 100% sure.

MW went fine, I am now booked in for a homebirth and have big 'HOMEBIRTH' scrawled across the front of my notes in marker pen, haha :thumbup: She was really positive about it and doesn't imagine i'll come up against any problems. Issues she wouldnt be happy with me having a HB with were the usual baby not in position, any bleeding thats unexplained, high BP, group B strep, diabetes etc They go on call from 38 weeks but said if I went into labour at like 37+3 then they'd prob just come out no probs. Now just to keep him in for another 11 weeks ;D

thanks :) i might not have described it right tho. i cant see where she stitched but i can see thread hanging out of me :wacko: so i think instead of dissolving they are just falling out. the joys lol

I know when I had stitches last time a few days afterwards I would just find bits of stitch on the toilet paper when I wiped so they did kind of just fall out. I healed really well so it was ok for me!

mw said becuase im not in pain with my stitches they should be fine so i didnt need to be checked out after all :) coreys gained more weight and is now 8lb 4oz :) im so proud of him.

everyone ive seen so far has to mention the fact i had a homebirth lol and they are so suprised that i did and it was so fast and problem free

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->