Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

linzi - thats annoying isnt it, i suppose youll never really know which it was. I dont think many people get their 100% perfect birth, its like looking at your ass in the mirror, theres always going to be something to be unhappy with however pert it is :)

Ive been stalking pools on ebay too and theres not much saving tbh. not enough to risk there being a puncture or deal with the hassle of cleaning the thing before use. I was thinking that maybe I could get the basic la bassine pool for £70 and make do without the kit?

The kit has :-

Liner - do you really need this if its just you using it?
Electric pump to inflate and deflate your pool - can find a pump from somewhere, or get DH huffing into it.
Water pump to empty your pool easily - useful, but could also syphon it down the drain outside.
15m eco hose - well its a hose
Square or round tap connector - garden centre?
Pool repair kit - bike repair kit might work?
Nylon storage bag - tesco bag
Debris Net - sieve :p
Protective Sheet - tarp/shower curtain

you get a heat cover with the basic kit now off the website. so would save £50 just by shopping around a bit. the liners can be bought seperately for £15 or so if they are definately needed.

x

If you go on the made in water website you can get the pool and the whole kit and next day delivery for £129.90 :thumbup: Thats what we are going to do

i'd get a liner so you dont have to scrub little bits of gunk and blood off it, especially as you both want to bond with new baby.

Thats where I was looking, is the kit really worth the extra £50? On the website the pool by itself is £70 and so liner sounds like a good idea which means £85 then a few extra bits like hose and sieve (probably have those in or can get cheap). Havent looked how much the delivery would be

linzi - thats annoying isnt it, i suppose youll never really know which it was. I dont think many people get their 100% perfect birth, its like looking at your ass in the mirror, theres always going to be something to be unhappy with however pert it is :)

Ive been stalking pools on ebay too and theres not much saving tbh. not enough to risk there being a puncture or deal with the hassle of cleaning the thing before use. I was thinking that maybe I could get the basic la bassine pool for £70 and make do without the kit?

Electric pump to inflate and deflate your pool - can find a pump from somewhere, or get DH huffing into it.
Water pump to empty your pool easily - useful, but could also syphon it down the drain outside.

you get a heat cover with the basic kit now off the website. so would save £50 just by shopping around a bit. the liners can be bought seperately for £15 or so if they are definately needed.

x

No I know, but tbh that's only one part I was unhappy with. Labour & birth were fine except for the complete lack of empathy, caring and professionalism of one of the midwives who delivered my baby. I was lied to, my husband was pushed out & it was quite a traumatic experience tbh. I guess I'm just looking for answers because I'm not dealing with it very well. Probably stupid but hormones are about. xx

Thats where I was looking, is the kit really worth the extra £50? On the website the pool by itself is £70 and so liner sounds like a good idea which means £85 then a few extra bits like hose and sieve (probably have those in or can get cheap). Havent looked how much the delivery would be

Delivery was £9 something

Sieve atlest £1
Hose your looking at proberly £5 and it may have cemicals in which the birthpool ones dont for safety

The electric pump will be worth it, if you labour fast or want yoru oh to help you, you wont want him off huffing and puffing away

My transfer wasnt blue lights.

Linzi did molly not poo in the waters? We had to tranfer because of that as willow needed 24 hours obs

Yeah she did and thats why I though we were transferred because she had pooed & was also not breathing when she was born & needed to be resuscitated, but hubby thought it was because I had a big bleed (which apparently is what the midwife told the ambulance people on the phone & when they arrived) and the hospital thought I was there because my placenta didn't come out on it's own at home. They never mentioned any obs on Molly, they wanted to discharge us only a couple of hours after we arrived, pretty much as soon as I got the placenta out, but then I had problems with my legs which was why they kept us in.

So by the sounds of it no one knows why we were there.

x

i'd prob say its worth getting the kit hun,

you def need a liner if u plan on having baby in the pool. once water is out a lot of 'yuck' is left behind-just bin it with a liner! its easier said than done emptying it even with a pump (so my dh says ;)), and by time you've sourced al other bits elsewhere you've prob spent that extra cash! plus you've got it all if theres ever a next time too!

btw a cover was v useful for keeping the heat in before i wanted to use pool!

good luck! xx

big hugs linzi. Id say its something you need answers to, Id feel bloody pissed off too and like theyd kinda stolen it from me (even if there was a good reason for it you need to know which one it is). probably a bit of hormones in there too atm but doesnt mean its less upsetting.

:hugs: linzi, I would ring the SoM and ask for a debrief and some answers. It sounds like a mess. :(

With Byron I had to drive in myself. We were told no ambulance would come even though I was transferring because of them and had been in labour 18 hours. :( With Indigo I was blue lighted which was totally stupid. I delivered at 4.30pm. I wasn't haemorraging and things were quite relaxed for an hour or so. I arrived at the hospital about 8pm then sat around an hour at least before anything happened rendering the blue lights completely pointless though it was quite exciting especially as I was overdosing on oxytocin and in love with everything at the time!

for the pool, i think we're going to order a liner and a cover to keep the heat in. We have an air pump, but i'm not sure about the rest of the stuff in that kit they're offering you.

i found out last night thanks to the wonderful mervs mum that i will be using the pool that i bought when i had harry - it has since been used by many ladies including some from on here - i find it very special to be using it again & am really hoping to birth in it this time :)

thats lovely hun :) when I went into hosp with molly we were put in the same room where I had seth, it felt very special xx

i had zane in the same room my mum had my sister lol i think my mum was reliving her time there when i was in labour

Linzi don't leave it too long before requesting your notes then they will be free. You can then debrief with either a SOM or take them to home birth group and get an IM to help you with them. If the placenta was still attached and they snapped the cord then the blood that would have been pumped to the baby will pump out of the dmamged cord/placenta so I'm not sure if they would class that as you bleeding....

its awful not knowing what happened in ur own birth! there was loads of things with zane i had no idea about but OH overheard things.

and with corey i was told my internal tear was just a tiny one, then i find out it was a 2nd degree tear so not so small after all.

linzi id request ur notes now and read them when ur ready just so u have them x

I def will thanks just not sure what mess they'll be in either lol they've buggered up everything else :haha: There was so many paramedicas Matt couldn't get into the room to be with us, he just overhead what had been said by the midwife on the phone when she called for an ambulance and then rung delivery suite to tell them I was coming and apparently she told them it was because I'd had a big bleed. Which as far as I'm aware I never, Matt just heard her say she'd snapped the cord, he looked in & saw blood gushing everywhere then she rang the ambulance.

I got to hospital and they kept saying "oh its a shame you had to come in for retained placenta" and I kept saying "oh no thats not why Im here, my baby was in distress, pooed and didn't breate when she was born" which was kind of ignored, but all I was told was we were going to get her checked out because of that. If they'd have just left my placenta alone I could have got it out myself I'm sure of it :haha:

Idk what happened!! I need to get hold of my notes and I'll chat to someone at the group, Hannah says she know someone I can talk to.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->