Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I used my ball in labour, it was the only position I could get comfortable in, not sitting though like kneeling down and leaning over it iykwim? I had intended to give birth over it but I couldn't get downstairs in time so ended up leaning over my bed.

While I was pregnant I found it sooo comfy to sit on though, it really helped my backache etc. I don't think it did much for her position as she never engaged really until a couple of days before she was born and she went back to back at one point as well. But it was very comfy I'd highly recommend it :)

xx

i bent over mine and rocked a lot during labour as i liked being in that position and because harry was face presentation i used that position to try and turn him (it didnt work!!)
this time it has been used *by* harry to throw down the stairs!!

I sat on one at the gym the other day, just to check one out, and i was like, no wonder they use these in labor! it took a bit of pressure off my lower back - i think i'm going to get one before labor...

Well I have my NEW midwife on Friday so we shall see if shes as water/homebirth as my last midwife! I think baby is transverse at the moment but she has plenty of time to move..

Put the cot up today to sit the moses basket in.

So so so tired today and Ive done nothing but do up a few screws on the cotbed lol

Will have to try out a gym ball/birthball think kyle would love it too haha

So whos the next homebirther due?

Im looking forward to reaching 37 weeks to get the crib etc set up... atm my bedroom looks like the warehouse for kiddicare with boxes everywhere!!

i think there are a couple of ladies due in sept, and then i think me and wigglywoo are both due around the same time?

i got my ball off freecycle, theres been tons on there. i think ppl buy them for back pain then get rid when they feel better, only thing is you really need a pump so if you havent already got one Id be choosy.

so far ive just kinda sat on it and rocked a bit. my hips are giving me gip this week, theyre taking turns in bothering me and its Mr Righty's turn today. im sure there can be loads more done with one tho.

I'm due 20th September (ignore my ticker, that's a week ahead - going to fix it now).

not long now cob!

Our spare room is a state just now. OH had frigging plants in there so I demanded he move them today and hes to take old computer desk to the dump so I can atleast get in there and clean and paint :)! want it done before october ideally.

i had coreys room set up at 20 weeks lol even tho i dont think we will be here when hes moved to his own room, i just couldnt help myself.
it was definatly an experience building a bedroom set 5 months pregnant lol

Well this baby wont have her own room till we move next year but I plan on moving when shes around 6months so perfect really.

i think there are a couple of ladies due in sept, and then i think me and wigglywoo are both due around the same time?

Yep we are :thumbup:

I still need to get a birthpool liner and some hose so I'll try and get those sorted soon. I think I may get DH to blow up my gym ball if I can remember where on earth it is :haha:

We've moved DD into a bigger room and so have decorated her new room rather than a nursery. The baby's 'room' is still pink and will remain so until we decide if we need to decorate when LO arrives! S/he wont be sleeping in there for quite some time anyway as we'll be co-sleeping, so all it has in there is a changing unit!!

im feeling really torn about a pool liner.... i *HATE* the crinkled up under knees feeling that you get with a liner BUT now that me and fob are no longer together im unsure about how much im going to be doing on my own as it is so thats making me thinkn i should get one just in case he isnt around to clean it.... confused.com!!

We did amelies room about a month ago so she has half her toys up there and we got her a proper bed, little chair and table and a tv so she can go up and hide for some peace if she wants after the baby is here. Gives me a bit of space down here for his swing and other baby things too.

He wont be going into his own room for months either but i still want it all decorated so i can put his clothes up and his cot up :)

im feeling really torn about a pool liner.... i *HATE* the crinkled up under knees feeling that you get with a liner BUT now that me and fob are no longer together im unsure about how much im going to be doing on my own as it is so thats making me thinkn i should get one just in case he isnt around to clean it.... confused.com!!

tbh, i'm sure you could find someone who would clean it for you :shrug: It sounds like a pain in the arse but really your comfort is #1 priority.

I am getting a liner though, lol.

molly's room is still a tip :dohh: she's such a big baby as well I reckon she'll be out of her moses basket in a month or so. need to get it sorted out :dohh:

xx

so is this only for home births or can you join for a natural birthcenter birth?

All welcome navywife!

We're not all homebirthers here - some through choice and some through transfers but we are all hoping/hoped to natural birth.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Sam get someone to buy you a liner as a gift. You can get them in without crinkles if who ever is doing it takes the time over it. Whether he is there or it's K or someone else, you will want that special time with them uninterrupted if you possibly can. If you end up putting the liner in yourself you can make sure it's super smooth x

this baby wont have its own room till we move next year probably when baby is only about a month old by the look of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->