Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thanks for sharing 254!

Chuck that's fab for your friend!!

Navy wife is there any chance of negotiating some of the fee back. Why don't you be upfront and tell them your concerns? I wouldn't mention the age thing because it's not really relevant to the teacher but the quality etc is so I'd say something and pull out personally. These people dont want to get a bad reputation so they might be idling to refund you some rather than risk you bad mouthing them iykwim. Ask! What's the worst that could happen?!

Well thats the thing Its $250 and we worked out a payment plan so ive been to 2 classes but ive only paid $50 so I could drop out but is that a crappy thing to do?

https://andnobodytoldme.com/2011/09/that-the-birth-matters-and-so-do-i/

A lovely look at how birth matter from a woman who hospital then homebirthed her 2 children.

i really enjoyed that artical! of course it matters! i felt so out of control with DD labour/birth. i wasnt on here so didnt know as much as i do now. so my birth plan of an active birth was taken away within half an hour of me getting to hospital 24 hours after waters broke becuase of pitocin, constant monitoring etc i was stuck on the bed on my back. ended up with epidural and forceps!! it was all the oposite of what i wanted and i did and still do feel like a bit of a failure for it all, thats why this time i want my homebirth, for it all to be relaxed and calm and to breath my baby into the world. thats what matters to me. xxx

Hello All!

Please can I join you? I'm pregnant with my first baby and I'm planning on having a home water birth. In fact I'm booked with a group of community midwives who only do homebirths. I'm feeling very lucky that I don't have to face half the battles with GP's midwives that some of you lovely ladies seem to have had to deal with.

I only found this thread a few days ago and have been reading from the very beginning all your stories. It's very inspiring! I've also signed up for hypnobirthing classes. My SIL had a fantastic birth with her first baby last year using hypnobirthing. She had a very calm waterbirth at a midwife led birthing centre, and now has a very happy 8 month old to show for it.

It's only just beginning to sink in that this might all actually happen and we'll get a lovely baby at the end of it!

x

Welcome Tomo, glad to see we havent put you off!

254, your LO is the same age as mine. I'm TTC and hoping (again) for a home birth once we've managed to catch an egg. However, I'm not having periods yet and (I think) not ovulating. Fingers crossed for us both!

Sending you lots of luck from another breastfeeding mama! Even though we coslept at the time and L breastfed loads day and night, I got my periods back strange early at 6.5 months, and we've been trying since then. Ovulating, but have a hefty luteal phase defect, so it's a no go for us at the moment.

Our wee ones must've been born the same week... L is 18 months old on Friday, so looks like they're about 6 days apart in age? L was born on 9th March (although EDD was 20th Feb...!)

Please can I join you? I'm pregnant with my first baby and I'm planning on having a home water birth. In fact I'm booked with a group of community midwives who only do homebirths. I'm feeling very lucky that I don't have to face half the battles with GP's midwives that some of you lovely ladies seem to have had to deal with.

I've only just joined myself (even though I had a homebirth last year) but welcome!! That sounds like a great arrangement, having a CMW team who only do homebirths - wow! Enjoy planning your homebirth... it's such an exciting time.

Shiv, HUGE congrats on baby going head-down!!!

navy, sorry the class is turning out to be a waste of $ - i would drop out and save the $200 left, and possibly see about a refund for the $50 you've paid - no sense in continuing, imo, if the classes are junk.

welcome, tomo!!

afm, heading to the chiropractor tomorrow - m/w referred me since baby's still transverse, so i hope everything goes well so that baby will go head down (and stay down!!)...

:hi: Tomo

Hope the chiropractor goes ok fides :flower:

Navywife, I would also suggest speaking to the teacher and trying to get at least some of your $50 back. The worst she could say is no after all :D

I'm seeing my midwife today. She's coming to visit me at home although I'm not sure whether it is to discuss my home birth or if it's standard practice like the booking appointment which is done at home here :shrug: I really don't want to start seeing her every 2 weeks though. Seems like far too much!

I have to see mine every 2 weeks now, she came round yesterday for bloods and routine check up, shes coming at 36 weeks to check babys position and discuss where the pool is going, if i have everything, my birth plan, and to give me the home birth team rota so i know who to call from 37 weeks when it happens.

I assume at 38 & 40 weeks they will just be routine appts

I'm seeing mine too. Gonna ask about these BHs and will find out if hes engaged as I suspect he is!

no fair i want to see my mw!! lol. i dont see her until 28 weeks and im excited to discuss HB with her now. she did say to make an appointment in the mean time if i need one but i dont thing excitement warrents an appointment ha ha! x

I have to see mine every 2 weeks now, she came round yesterday for bloods and routine check up, shes coming at 36 weeks to check babys position and discuss where the pool is going, if i have everything, my birth plan, and to give me the home birth team rota so i know who to call from 37 weeks when it happens.

I assume at 38 & 40 weeks they will just be routine appts

Bloods? Are there more bloods at 34 weeks? Do you know what they're for?

Bloods around the 34 week mark are for iron I believe. It varies from place to place I think as where i used to live they only took bloods at 12 and 28 weeks but here I had another set taken at about 34 weeks.

Hi Tomo

Blah - your LO is keen as mustard if they are engaged already!

I know! Feel cervix pressure and bumps dropped so I'm sure he's making himself comfy already. Atleast he's not breech.

MW has just left. We discussed my birth plan and talked about what to do when I'm in labour. She is happy with everything I have put in, except warned that if baby has a short cord and were to need resuscitation, they would probably have to cut before it had finished pulsating to allow them the space to work on it. I said that I'd rather it was left to allow maximum oxygen, but that we will play it by ear depending on circumstances. She put in my notes that I will be using a cord tie and that she has advised it is against NHS policy (because she has to I guess!). I still don't want a plastic clamp though as DD's caught in her nappy and bled. I suspect that this caused her to have an 'outie' :lol:

She didn't seem phased that I no longer want BP monitoring and said that it's not her job to convince me to have it (in a nice way, she is really lovely!). I reassured her that I knew all the signs to be aware of and would call the surgery or DAU for assessment if I felt the need. She measured my bump and it's measuring 33cm which she is happy with. The heartbeat was fine at 135bpm and baby gave her a big kick too :) No mention of bloods (probably because I declined them at 28 weeks anyway!)

Glad it went well, she sounds like a great mw.

Well, he's transverse with his feet in my pelvis! Argh. Everything else was fine, bp 119/68, fh 27cm and bubs heartbeat was fine. Took bloods for iron, glucose and antibodies and see her next in 6 weeks.

He still has lots of time to move and get his head down there :)

I think I'm very lucky to have a midwife who is so laid back about all these things. They are pretty pro home birth down here though. In Cornwall we have one of the (or possibly the) highest rate of home births in the UK.

Glad it went well, she sounds like a great mw.

Well, he's transverse with his feet in my pelvis! Argh. Everything else was fine, bp 119/68, fh 27cm and bubs heartbeat was fine. Took bloods for iron, glucose and antibodies and see her next in 6 weeks.

SOmething about transverse babys at the moment! This little madam keeps changing from head down to transverse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->