Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

So my sister FINALLY had her baby!! Sheesh. a week late. Home birth mostly in the water. I guess his shoulder got stuck so the midwife had her kind of on all fours in the tub. BEAUTIFUL baby boy 9 pds 5 oz!! 21 inches long 15 inch head! Big boy. Went beautifully this is her second and she was only in labor for 6 hours. (her first was 36 hours)

Hooray for your sis!

I'm on tenterhooks for a forum member who went into labour yesterday last update she had high ketones and was waiting to be examined at 6am...fingers crossed for her VBAC.

What relevance does ketones have with labour? Dehydration?

Aw :( hope shes okay.

Oh and forgot to say congrats to your sister sylly!

Well still no word so hoping things have kicked off.

She was on a drip so hopefully that pepped her up! She went into hospital last night and was only 1cm but I so hope she gets her VBAC!

Congrats to your sister Sylly!

Well I went for my presentation scan and baby is HEAD DOWN! I can't believe it! SO looks like I am back on for a home birth!

Just about to order my la bassine - how do I know which tap connector to get?

oh and the tap connectors i think it depends if your tap is round or square doesnt it??

yay 3rd tri and got myself booked to see the MW after my gtt test next week

yay glad everythings the right way up shiv lol! yeh ive read it says they do a round or square adaptor. xx

yeah it says square or round, my mixertap is round but the round adaptor says 18mm max and my tap is bigger than that. The square one is bigger but my tap is round - I am not sure I have ever seen a square tap :wacko:

If you post a pic of the tap you want to use I'll tell you which I think it is. I've seen a few taps in my time! :lol: also do you have more than one option tap wise. Like a cloakroom tap or bathroom rather than kitchen for example. The hoses they supply are long to run from another floor even in a good sized house :)

Glad baby is right way up/down shiv :thumbup:

Well i haven't said anything on here since popping in to say hello a few weeks back but i've been lurking and reading, just not had much to say myself.

I'm 34 weeks this week and at my MW appointment today was asked if i'd thought about where i'd like to have baby and when i replied "yes, we're hoping for a homebirth" i swear i thought the midwife was going to do a little dance! Both her and my caseloading student midwife were grinning from ear-to-ear and my stmw said "That'll be lovely!" and the mw said "I'm all excited now!" :lol:

It was great to have such a positive reaction and they have booked me in for a home visit in a fortnight's time to talk through everything and see if we have any questions, and as the stmw put it "Find out what you want from us in labour"- love it! :thumbup:

So things are now set in motion :D We already have secondhand birth pool in a box (mini) and a new liner for it but need to get some other bits and pieces, like tap adapters for the hose pipe, and i'm guessing a sieve of some kind...:shrug: :blush: Any other suggestions for what to have to hand?

YAY HEAD DOWN!! Congrats super exciting hope for a wonderful home birth for you!!

Hi ladies!

I'm extremely late to the party here, but I hope it's OK for me to join this thread...

I had a home water birth with my daughter back in March 2010 - I turned down induction at T+12 and went into labour naturally just past 42 weeks and my daughter and I had a wonderful, calm and positive birth experience at home.

She was born into our la bassine birthing pool at 42+3 (or 40+17, depending on how you like to put it!) with my husband right beside me and 2 NHS midwives present for the last 2.3 hours of my 53 hour (from first contraction) labor. She weighed 7lb 8oz and has been breastfeeding since that day almost a year and a half ago. She's now a very energetic, chattering 18 month old and I still feel so proud to have followed my instincts and given birth to her at home.

I wrote my birth story when she was a month old... but it's a long 'un!!!

We've been trying to get pregnant with #2 for the past year, and it's not proving an easy journey, but hopefully sooner rather than later I'll be planning homebirth number 2.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting to other homebirthing mummies.

Oh, Rebaby, I got excited for you when I read that post! Yaaaaay! I hope it's perfect!

254, your LO is the same age as mine. I'm TTC and hoping (again) for a home birth once we've managed to catch an egg. However, I'm not having periods yet and (I think) not ovulating. Fingers crossed for us both!

Welcome 254!

Happy news ....Hanabanan had her gorgeous little girl yesterday after a VERY long difficult labour aided by a little synto she still got her VBAC! When she finally dilated 10 pushes later she met her little girl Harper after 24 hours labouring in hospital.

We now have a grumpy tired mummy in hospital wanting to go home and get some rest bless her.

I'm soooooo pleased for her, she was feeling so unsupported throughout her pregnancy and for her to get her VBAC is awesome.

So Ive been taking a Bradley Method class and Im very disappointed in it :( I was so excited but it just seems to be the teacher reading from the workbook we dont have even enough room to sit let alone do exercises and there are 3 other couple who are all older then us (we are a military family they are doctors and lawyers and at least 7-8 years older we are around 25 ) and honestly I dont feel comforatable. The classes are for 2 hrs on Thursdays for 12 weeks and we have already had to reschedule class 2 times the first was due to the instructor being sick the second was because the other couple needed to see a concert which was a lil rediculas. We hired a doula but I was sure we needed these classes to have a successful natural birth but Im not so sure now it seems like a waste of money any advice would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->