Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

it took me about 40 mins i think to fill

Hello ladies!! I guess I'm gunna come back here now that I'm hopefully on my way to another home birth!!

MM, Ive left you a visitor message asking to be added to the list in the first post whenever you have time! :)

Yay ju :)!

I have 'low' haemaglobin but tbh it's 10.9 so not really all that low, more like borderline. White cell count was also raised at 13.0 (should be 4.0-11.0) and neutrophil count was 9.25 (should be 2-7). Atleast my glucose was fine at 4.7 :rofl:

SIGH. Must have a wee infection somwehre :shrug:

im gonna find out what my ferritin levels are like next week with my GTT i'll make sure they do a full blood count, i know my hB are low as my doctor told me a couple of weeks back so been on supplements will see if its helped i dont physically feel like its helped much lol, next week is busy

Hope they've done the trick. I refused iron tablets for the time being. I think shes being over cautious cos I'm having him at home and they don't like doing them with anaemic mummys.

My mw said they wouldn't support a homebirth if my iron was less that 10.5

I'm kind of coming into the middle of a conversation but if you have low iron take floradix. It helps to absorb iron quickly. Also you need to also be taking a b vitamin complex because it helps you to absorb iron also. It's by the brand "flora" and you can get it a couple of places besides online I would just call around till you find it.

No one has said anything about my Iron yet, although with kyle is was low, dont remember the exact number but was on 5 iron tablets a day with no improvment the week before I gave birth.. So far this time my iron levels have been ok I guess? only been checked 2 times, 14weeks and on the 2nd of this month...

I think I've updated the front now but if anyone has posted on here rather than messaged me I may well have missed you as I dont always get to read every post!!

If you need adding or amending please leave me a visitor message or PM and I'll update for you :flower:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the welcomes. It's good to find a thread that has some relevance to my new current obsession- all things homebirth! Syllypoohbear- I've heard floradix is supposed to be very good and easier to absorb than regular iron tablets.

I'm quite a way off yet, but I've been doing my research and reading Nicky Wesson's Home Birth: A Practical Guide- which I'm finding pretty useful, particularly the birth stories. Has anyone read New Active Birth: A Concise Guide to Natural Childbirth by Janet Balaskas?

MM- I've sent you a pm asking for you to add when you can.

Will try and get up to speed with you all soon. And good luck to all those whose babies arrivals are imminent!

I watched a fantastic homebirth video today (actually, re-watched - first saw it earlier this year) and the lady had a La Bassine pool too. Brought back SO many memories! I so hope I get the chance to do it again.

Hope you do get a chance to do your dry (wet!) run... ours was incredibly useful. Put it this way, I don't think my husband would have been quite as calm and together as he was when I was in labour if the tap connector had shot off the kitchen tap, spraying water all around the room then, rather than doing it when I was 36 weeks. ;) :D

Aw man, the video is gone now:growlmad:

https://andnobodytoldme.com/2011/09/that-the-birth-matters-and-so-do-i/

A lovely look at how birth matter from a woman who hospital then homebirthed her 2 children.

Thanks for posting this!

I just noticed looking at the front page that the majority of hopeful homebirthers stay team yellow, as opposed to the rest of the forum where I would say there is a growing trend towards finding out the sex..............interesting!

that is interesting! it's really funny - in the past week or so, my DH started making comments about how maybe we should go ahead and find out now, lol! I'm like, you're the one who talked me into waiting - we've made it this far, we're waiting!

I think I've updated the front now but if anyone has posted on here rather than messaged me I may well have missed you as I dont always get to read every post!!

If you need adding or amending please leave me a visitor message or PM and I'll update for you :flower:

Thanks MM! :D

I just noticed looking at the front page that the majority of hopeful homebirthers stay team yellow, as opposed to the rest of the forum where I would say there is a growing trend towards finding out the sex..............interesting!

Trust me to be backwards!! It never crossed my mind to find out the sex on my first 3 that I had in hospital, tho it was a while ago, and finding out the sex was nowhere near as popular as it has become these days!

I found out last time tho, and have a gender scan next week, both homebirths, as long as all goes to plan again this time!

So, I've noticed a lot or iron level talk over the last couple of pages - is iron levels something that you're meant to have extra checks for if you want a HB? Is it just one of the tests that they take bloods for at your booking appt? Ive never had a midwife mention anything about iron to me!

your iron levels normally get done with your booking bloods and again with your 28wk bloods so they know if you need supplements, im aware anyway that im normally anemic and was acutely so in my last pregnancy so they are watching me close and its an issue i expect to have to talk through with my MW on Wed when we book me in for a homebirth. if nessacary i'll go get the dam transfusion around my due date so they wont bug me lol if the supplements dont work that is lol, i just know they didnt work well in either of my last pregnancys and ive tried about every kind there is

Yeah, I just got mine done yesterday because it was my 28 week appointment :shrug: She took full blood count, a glucose one and rechecked antibodies. I think your iron levels have to be quite good for them to support a homebirth because if you have low hb you carry less oxygen so if you have a huge bleed after the birth you'd be in more trouble.

Well we just had our trial run with the birth pool. A few glitches, the connector wouldn't fit on our kitchen or downstairs tap, it did however fit on our bath tap upstairs. We misjudged the amount of cold to put in first and ended up at the fill level with a temp of 30 degrees. So we will know for next time not to put in so much cold!

Do I need to clean the pool now before I give birth in it? If so what should I use?

are you not using a liner anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->