Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Glad it went well, she sounds like a great mw.

Well, he's transverse with his feet in my pelvis! Argh. Everything else was fine, bp 119/68, fh 27cm and bubs heartbeat was fine. Took bloods for iron, glucose and antibodies and see her next in 6 weeks.

SOmething about transverse babys at the moment! This little madam keeps changing from head down to transverse!

Mine keeps flipping around as well.

cookie is the same, yesterday she changed positions about 10 times while the mw was trying to palpate to check where she was! she doesnt stay still for long at all and is still doing acrobatics in there!!

Don't even start me off on transverse babies :haha:

Blah - it explains teh cervix pressure, baby is probably giving you regular boots down there.

Well my birth pool arrived today! :happydance:

thanks hot tea i love it!

ooo shiv which pool did you get?

A La Basinne one......................won't have a chance to do a dry run tonight so will do one tomorrow night.........unless I go into labour of course then we won't have a dry run :haha: Nothing like being prepared!

Ugh. I'm so done with the rest of this board. Some asked about a drug that can kill you and then tells you to keep your fact based opinion to yourself. This place was much nicer when I was pregnant the first time. Glad to have you lovelies!!!

:hugs: samantha, i feel the same sometimes.

I try and keep out of anything like that, people don't like hearing facts when they disagree with what they want..............it is very frustrating :flower:

A La Basinne one......................won't have a chance to do a dry run tonight so will do one tomorrow night.........unless I go into labour of course then we won't have a dry run :haha: Nothing like being prepared!

I gave birth in a La Bassine pool last year - it was fab!

I watched a fantastic homebirth video today (actually, re-watched - first saw it earlier this year) and the lady had a La Bassine pool too. Brought back SO many memories! I so hope I get the chance to do it again.

Hope you do get a chance to do your dry (wet!) run... ours was incredibly useful. Put it this way, I don't think my husband would have been quite as calm and together as he was when I was in labour if the tap connector had shot off the kitchen tap, spraying water all around the room then, rather than doing it when I was 36 weeks. ;) :D

oh her pool doesnt look deep enough to me? How much water do you put in it? I thought its best the more your bump is submerged?

Ugh. I'm so done with the rest of this board. Some asked about a drug that can kill you and then tells you to keep your fact based opinion to yourself. This place was much nicer when I was pregnant the first time. Glad to have you lovelies!!!

Myself and a few others who used to frequent the boards when TTC and pregnant first time totally agree. We've been discussing how much this place has changed...

wiggly, glad your home visit went well, even with the disclaimers.

blah - oh no on the transverse!! major bummer! turn, baby, turn!

shiv, so exciting you have your pool! I think i'll be ordering mine in a week or so...

afm, chiropractor put a LOT of pressure on the left ligament above my hip bone where the baby's head is in order to loosen up the uterus, then I have to go back on Monday for the actual turning adjustment. Baby was breech at 27 wk m/w appt, "hammock" transverse at 29, then a crooked posterior transverse at 31 and today it was still the same (he didn't say if it was posterior, though). I've felt the baby moving a lot, so I think it may be trying to go head down and something's blocking it, so i hope today's loosening and the correction on Monday will do the trick. :thumbup:

Note to all the babies whose mommies are trying for a home birth: GO HEAD DOWN and stay there!! You know you want to, lil' babies!! :)

Fingers crossed for you, fides! I'm sure LO is on his/her way into a nice head down position :)

ive got a la bassine too they are the best pool out there i cant praise them enough. im going to inflate mine at 37 weeks and see how long it takes me, then get my sis round so she knows how to fill it when the time comes!

oh her pool doesnt look deep enough to me? How much water do you put in it? I thought its best the more your bump is submerged?

I think the important thing is that in whatever position you chose to give birth in, the baby needs to come out with their head totally underwater (or not at all... just not half and half)... I think in terms of pain relief, the more water the better - but personal preference!

We filled ours up to the marker on the inside (once I got in the water was level with the top of the handles)... felt like just the right amount for me. Just dug out my pics from our wet run (of me reclining in the birthing pool eating cake naked - ah, the decadence!) and all my bump is under the water apart from the very top. In labour I only wanted to be kneeling, leaning onto the edge, and I think in that position almost all my bump was under water too.

The lady who sold me my la bassine said it takes an hour to fill :shrug:

I think the important thing is that in whatever position you chose to give birth in, the baby needs to come out with their head totally underwater (or not at all... just not half and half)... I think in terms of pain relief, the more water the better - but personal preference!

We filled ours up to the marker on the inside (once I got in the water was level with the top of the handles)... felt like just the right amount for me. Just dug out my pics from our wet run (of me reclining in the birthing pool eating cake naked - ah, the decadence!) and all my bump is under the water apart from the very top. In labour I only wanted to be kneeling, leaning onto the edge, and I think in that position almost all my bump was under water too.

Yes, I imagine I'll probably be kneeling and over the edge of the pool too. Unless this LO is back to back then i'll prob sit so my back is in the water.

Yes, I imagine I'll probably be kneeling and over the edge of the pool too. Unless this LO is back to back then i'll prob sit so my back is in the water.

I remember sitting back in the pool on our wet run and thinking how wonderful it felt and how much I was looking forward to having all that spaaaace when I was in labour.

I ended up using just a tiny amount of space... what a waste! :D ;)

We left our pool inflated after our wet run and my husband just topped up the air in the side and base when I went into labour (6.5 weeks later...!). My biggest worry about labour was getting in the pool and finding my knees were feeling the wooden floor - seriously! - and I vividly remember coming downstairs with the midwives when he was doing his stuff with the pool, and him proudly telling me he'd had a good jump around the pool after topping up the base and I definitely wouldn't feel the floor! :D

It took us 45 minutes to fill the La Bassine to the water marker line... it'll depend on your water pressure as I've heard of some people filling their pools more quickly and some taking longer.

yeah the water is supposed to be up to ur armpits.....mine didnt even come up to my knees when i had to jump in haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->