Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Just asked me some silly questions on a form like why i wanted to have a HB, what I expected, she went through pain relief options, what happens when i go into labour, discussed water biths, asked if I wanted a physiological or managed 3rd stage, filled out the form on if i had pets, what i was going to do with amelie/who would be present/do i have a doula, if i have offroad parking etc also went through potential risks and reasons that could jepordise my home birth (diabetes, high BP, group B strep, any unexplained bleeds etc)

Im having another home visit nearer the time when shes dropping off my box and going through other things like them needing an area with a table and lamp/good lighting incase LO needs resusitated.

Did they say anything about pets being a problem>? I will have 2 german shepherds will crate them though, Kyle will be here with people on call just incase we need someone for him

Well when i said no she said 'oh good so no pitbull coming to attack us'. I'm sure it'll be fine if theyre crated, the MWs obv have to be safe and with their owner being in distress they might think the MWs are causing it.

:haha: Yeah they will be crated with a blanket over the top, If its day time and not freezing Ill put them in the garden we have a huge kennel full of blankets.

I cant believe my MW goes on call in 10 weeks.. thats nothing :eek:

On the position I agree with mm. Palpation isn't always all that. My good friend had her baby last week after having spent weeks 36-38 in hospital with transverse lie and fear of cord prolapse. Then baby turned just fine. :)

On dogs and home visit, my kw just came to drop the kit off and talked briefly about a few things mostly because I'd given her my new birth plan. She wasn't fussed about my dog. Told me of a recent birth with a wolfhound or something peering over the pool edge during pushing. :D

On the position I agree with mm. Palpation isn't always all that. My good friend had her baby last week after having spent weeks 36-38 in hospital with transverse lie and fear of cord prolapse. Then baby turned just fine. :)

On dogs and home visit, my kw just came to drop the kit off and talked briefly about a few things mostly because I'd given her my new birth plan. She wasn't fussed about my dog. Told me of a recent birth with a wolfhound or something peering over the pool edge during pushing. :D

See the puppy I think would be fine wondering around but Roxy would try and jump in the pool after barking at the knock on the door :haha: or would be trying to sniff my butt if I got out the pool :dohh:

Ive got to see if I can fit a birth pool inmy house! My kitchen will be offlimits size wise due to the dog crate, living room is not exactly huge so will have to do some moving off stuff and measure up.. Anyone know of smaller birth pools but good for someone of 5ft5?

^ remember you might have christmas tree too :eek: or are you waiting until baby is born? im doing mine 1st or 2nd week of nov :rofl:

Dogs are nothing compared to some pets at home births......my MW told me she attended a home birth with a snake loose in the bedroom! :lol:

Blah are you really putting your tree up that early!!! Ha ha! Your mad mine goes up about 2 week before Xmas! I told a friend I was having a hb other day she was saying home as in home, home! So I said yes home that place where I live in my living room next to my Christmas tree ha ha! Just thought if it's dark the lights will be quite nice! On static though, flash might get irritating. Ha ha, xx

Blah are you really putting your tree up that early!!! Ha ha! Your mad mine goes up about 2 week before Xmas! I told a friend I was having a hb other day she was saying home as in home, home! So I said yes home that place where I live in my living room next to my Christmas tree ha ha! Just thought if it's dark the lights will be quite nice! On static though, flash might get irritating. Ha ha, xx

its either that or wait til hes born and juggle doing it with a brand new baby which tbh, sounds terrible.

^ remember you might have christmas tree too :eek: or are you waiting until baby is born? im doing mine 1st or 2nd week of nov :rofl:

My birthday is the 13th November and my brothers is the 14th :haha: so our christmas decs tend to go up the first weekend of december or last weekend of november.

Dogs are nothing compared to some pets at home births......my MW told me she attended a home birth with a snake loose in the bedroom! :lol:

omg I would of shat my pants! Could the mw of refused to go in because of the snake?

Mine is the 7th :D my brothers is 19th, my dads is the 28th! Wonder if he'll be born on anyones bday! Still have my fx for a 11/11/11 baby though, haha.

lol awesome.

So not only do MW's do it in any position but they do it with snakes!

bwahahahahahaha

My mum is keeping her legs crossed for me as she does not want her to come on my brothers birthday as it will over shadow his 18th when shes 1.. But if I follow family tradition she will be born on the 17th.. As both me and my brother where exactly 5 days early, as have other siblings from other family members been, and since kyle was 3 days early due on the 20th born on the 17th lol

:lol: she just said put that thing away *fnarr fnarr* and they said it's fine it's friendly! :lol: she said I don't care put it in it's box or whatever!! :rofl:

Im due dec 20th and dh's bday is the 21st. This man has never ever enjoyed his bday but has told me i have to make sure baby isnt born on the 21st. Ok then...

our christmas decs normally go up on the 8th of december which should be fun since the baby is due 2 days before lol

I had two sisters deliver on the same day and it happend to be st patricks day!

I've had THE weirdest day. Had mw and consultant appt and neither sent me into a rage of bile and hatred. They were quite nice to me and actually explained stuff!! Madness

Fundal height perfect and consultant even said she didn't predict me a ginormous baby. Off to put some money on the horses, I have some magical mojo today.

you guys are on the ball with Christmas decorations!! We're old-fashioned in that we usually wait until the last week of Advent (last year we ended up decorating on Christmas Eve, which felt even more special, but I don't know if we'll keep that up).

lynnikins, congrats on 3rd tri!!!

cranberry, glad you had a nice appt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"