Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

my iron levels dropped to about 8 a few weeks ago, i have been taking one spatone in a glass of oj and 2 ferrous gluconate iron tablets every morning for 5 weeks and my levels are right up at 14 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its offcial I have the worst case of baby brain ever!! Ask mervs mum :haha: I messaged her about getting my name on the first page took like 4 messages to give all the info :dohh:

Soo embarassing really but have to laugh or I might cry haha :haha:

I messaged asking to be added, so she messaged back asking boy/girl/yellow and when

so I said girl 20th..

Message back 20th??? lol

Opps november :haha:

:blush:

Shiv just make sure it's dry as a bone before packing away or the seals may be damaged and you could be pooless if it wont stay inflated! :lol: ideally thoroughly dry it out and leave up over night to be sure. If you have a liner you're good to go! x

Yay ju :)!

I have 'low' haemaglobin but tbh it's 10.9 so not really all that low, more like borderline. White cell count was also raised at 13.0 (should be 4.0-11.0) and neutrophil count was 9.25 (should be 2-7). Atleast my glucose was fine at 4.7 :rofl:

SIGH. Must have a wee infection somwehre :shrug:

Hey Blah, I've just read your post and thought about your other one where you said you were having cervical pressure and your bump had dropped and it rang a few alarm bells with me. Did you tell you midwife about the cervical pressure?

It's very very unlikely and I in no way want to scaremonger at all, but elevated white cells, and cervical pressure all can be signs of cervical changes or even premature labour (sorry I have been reading about these things A LOT since my loss, so it may have made me a bit paranoid). Like I say, it's unlikely but have you had a lot of tightenings or back pain at all? Any plug-like discharge?

I wasn't going to post this as I know how much we all hate scaremongers but then I thought if something happened and I had had the thought but didn't say anything I'd never forgive myself. Like I say, most likely nothing but maybe worth getting your midwife to get you checked? A sterile speculum or ultrasound would show any possible dilation better than an internal (which can kick things off as well I think so should probably be avoided) and there is a simple swab test that can be done called FFN (I think - it's Fetal Fibronectin) to check for any indicators of impending preterm labour. At your gestation it could be held off quite well anyway I think bbut only if you're aware of it IYKWIM.

Otherwise you may have a silent UTI or something that's elevating your bloods slightly but worth getting that checked too as it can cause uterine irritability and preterm labour - did she get you to pee in a cup for culture?

I'm sorry if this isn't welcome but like I say, the two things together just made me sit up a bit there. I'm sure it's all fine but I'd rather give you the information and it's up to you what you do with it.
xx

Thanks nikki. I did mention it but she didn't seem concerned. Asked if Lo moves a lot and changes position often to which I said yes and said he was maybe just hitting low down and to go on a birthing ball if I get a bh :shrug: the pressure is on and off at the moment, not had any in a few days so hopefully all is well.

:hugs:

"Birth is not only about making babies. It about making mothers, strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strengths." Barbara Katz Rothman

Bleugh, I feel rough today :( Very sick, dizzy and clammy. Anemia related?

Not sure hun Ive woken up feeling really crap! Although mine may be going from a lovely sunny day yesterday to a very wet and cold morning Brrrr!

Bleugh, I feel rough today :( Very sick, dizzy and clammy. Anemia related?

How is your blood pressure? I felt like that up until about 30 weeks due to low blood pressure.

it was 110/60 last appointment which is a wee bit low for me. Its generally around the 120/70 mark.

low blood pressure is horrible, i suffer from it and i often come too close to fainting :( id have to carry fizzy pop or water and chocolate to help me feel better

low blood pressure is horrible, i suffer from it and i often come too close to fainting :( id have to carry fizzy pop or water and chocolate to help me feel better

Chocolate eh?

Excuses excuses!

Ooh I'm so useless at keeping up with busy threads!!! lol

I have real low blood pressure too, but Ive not found anything that works yet! Water, isotonic drink thinks, chocolate/sugary stuff... even sitting down doesn't help!! I dont think I'm normal.. well I know i'm far from normal but I dont think my body is normal :haha:

Are 28 week bloods 'normal'? This is my 5th preg and Ive never had bloods taken apart from at the booking session, and last time I did have the GTT at 28wks as my dad developed diabetes a couple of years ago, but no ones ever mentioned iron levels!
I've just checked the list of bloods in my notes and theres no mention of iron on there either.. maybe I have no iron!? :haha:

A good quality dark chocolate is good for Pre-e!

My MW just did a 28 week blood draw, I know iron is one of the things checked. Since I was doin my GD test, being poked a 2nd time didn't bother me.

Hmm.., I'm seeing my midwife on Thursday, I'm gunna ask her why I've never had these bloods that everyone else seems to have!! lol

might be in your nots as full blood count or haemaglobin?

Ooh yes.. thats in there!! Thanks, was starting to worry they'd forgotten! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->