Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

blah & lesley, i hope you both feel better. i felt pretty sick yesterday, but I hadn't eaten for hours, so i think it was just b/c of low blood sugar...

afm, GOOD NEWS here! Thursday's ligament loosening by the chiro got things started - baby's now oblique (so, it's at an angle between transverse and vertex), and I had an adjustment today that he said should do it since it's already on the move. I go back tomorrow to see if it's head-down... Still posterior, but getting the baby head-down is my main concern.

that's great news Fides! I have a midwife appt tomorrow,so hopefully baby is still headown...............hmmm we'll see!

I had my first chiro visit thursday as well, and my pelvis has felt much better. Baby is still breech, but I am just not worried about it. I see my MW on Thursday as well, so maybe the little one has gone head down.

Good luck Fides.

All these topsy turvy wriggly babies!

Take a look at this...a lovely read (I do LOVE this blog)
https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/08/29/breech-babies-can-turn-in-labor-andor-birth-vaginally/

I wouldnt mind as much having a breech one. yes, my HB would be out but atleast I can still have a natural birth. Transverse = section :( I'm not thinking about it yet, I've been doing inversions every night but no turning as of yet.

Still got plenty of time Blah!

Stanley liked being transverse for a while but once he was vertex stayed there!

corey was transverse at 32 weeks and i just left him to it and he turned himself when he was ready

I think the tiredness is hitting me again.. All I want to do is stay in bed or lay on the sofa lol

I know I've plenty of time but its sooo uncomfortable. Seriously I wince everytime he moves. It feels like theres literally no cushioning between my skin and him. Obv there is as my liquor levels are fine.
MOAN MOAN MOAN. I enjoy being pregnant really!

Lesleyann - I feel the same. Work is a struggle. Luckily I have a nice 4 day weekend fri-mon. We're going to berwick upon tweed to the caravan. Last wee break with amelie!

its so hard being pregnant and having a toddler :hugs:
altho because corey is so light zane feels so heavy so i struggle to pick him up now haha but when i was pregnant i could throw him around

Some of these babies are mischief!

Toby was transverse at 28 weeks and lay like that for a wee while then turned head down and stayed there, it was very uncomfy at the time though so i sympathise with you ladies with topsy turvy babies :hugs:

All seems to be going ok here, although the past few days i have been feeling increasingly antsy, not quite frantically nesting but i do have this constant feeling that i should be DOING something to prepare for baby, even though we don't have that much left to do really :shrug: Also my feet are starting to puff up. Nothing major, i had a similar thing with Toby at around 35 weeks, they just don't look like my feet anymore because my normally slender (ok, bony :blush: ) toes look all chubby! :haha:

Yeah sunday I was boucing around big sky with kyle boy did I regret it later though, I was nackered! I think alot of people saw it as very funny a 30week pregnant lady climbing up things and crawling though tubes and going down slides, in the huge ball pool etc :haha:

I think what also does not help is running about after the pups, which is constant kitchen cleaning/feeding/giving water, checking for escapies! etc

Some of these babies are mischief!

Toby was transverse at 28 weeks and lay like that for a wee while then turned head down and stayed there, it was very uncomfy at the time though so i sympathise with you ladies with topsy turvy babies :hugs:

All seems to be going ok here, although the past few days i have been feeling increasingly antsy, not quite frantically nesting but i do have this constant feeling that i should be DOING something to prepare for baby, even though we don't have that much left to do really :shrug: Also my feet are starting to puff up. Nothing major, i had a similar thing with Toby at around 35 weeks, they just don't look like my feet anymore because my normally slender (ok, bony :blush: ) toes look all chubby! :haha:

I got swelling with amelie at about the same gestation. Thankfully she was a winter baby as my fingers were horrid LOL

Yeah sunday I was boucing around big sky with kyle boy did I regret it later though, I was nackered! I think alot of people saw it as very funny a 30week pregnant lady climbing up things and crawling though tubes and going down slides, in the huge ball pool etc :haha:

I think what also does not help is running about after the pups, which is constant kitchen cleaning/feeding/giving water, checking for escapies! etc

Impressive. I had to run for the bus today and almost died.

I went to soft play last week with Sophia when I was nearly 38 weeks and I got some rather suprised/horrified looks. I must admit I was exhausted after 5 mins and won't be going again whilst still pregnant!

Blah - I know exactlyhow you feel about being transverse, it is really uncomfortable and very difficult to get the thought of a c-section out of your head. I hope that after my midwife appt this afternoon I can give you some good news about a transverse baby that turned and stayed turned late on in proceedings :hugs:

rebaby, is it water retention in your feet? I had that recently, and my m/w suggested watermelon and cucumber - they worked - hope your swelling goes down soon.

shiv, good luck with your appt!

hiya

ive not had swollen feet, but i do have RLY hot feet sometimes, and have big cracks in my heels which is supposed to be from swelling, so there must be something going on. its so attractive massive canyons in the heels, and its starting to get that i cant reach them to sort them out myself! :rofl:

baby had a bit of a quiet few days so i called the hospital etc and did kick counts after lunch and got all worried, then after dinner her went mental and has been ever since. think he was just in a bit of a shitty position and maybe shifted back after i did a bit of yoga on a birthing ball.

had my first nct class last night and the teacher was really pro home birth. was ace to hear all my beliefs echo'd and not be told the usual scaremongery that ive had. i was starting to think that i was deluding myself. she talked about the cascade of intervention and affect of stress etc, was all rly good :)

have my growth scan on monday and i think we're going to go. my blood sugars have actually come out a bit low for the average of the last 3 months so i wanna check that hes not too small. i know it might be innaccurate etc and if they say hes big i wont take much heed, but im gonna treat it like an anomaly scan at best.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->