Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh good fides! I'm seeing my MW in a bit but I'm sure LO is still transverse. But my chiro did a bit of the Webster technique today.

I think that cookie has turned bum down again - i have been feeling 'kicks' in my foof and hiccups in my ribs....
Im seeing the mw next week so we shall see :/ she did say if she had any doubt at all she would send me for a scan which im hoping she will do - even if she is breech i will still deliver naturally at home but i would rather know in advance.... she told me i 'couldnt' have a home birth if she was breech so it will be an unassisted if she keeps that attitude

Has anyone ever tried to get a mw to sign a birth plan? Saying something like 'I agree to honour the wishes expressed here and accept that if i don't then it's assault' or similar. I'd imagine they wouldn't want to do that but is there any way we can force em to do what we want? Or at least not do what we don't want iykwim.

Has anyone ever tried to get a mw to sign a birth plan? Saying something like 'I agree to honour the wishes expressed here and accept that if i don't then it's assault' or similar. I'd imagine they wouldn't want to do that but is there any way we can force em to do what we want? Or at least not do what we don't want iykwim.

Mine's getting signed off by head of labour ward and the consultant, informing whoever is looking after me that these are my wishes and I've pre-declined certain interventions in certain situations (Ie I'm taking the CTG off and getting in the bath if its ok). Obviously slightly different now mine is a hospital birth plan. I would guess with a home birth plan it would be the senior member of the community team looking after you that would need to sign it and have it placed at the front of your handheld notes ready for labour. I suppose the need to get it signed off my a senior midwife is when you are planning to go against medical advice, or when you are planning a birth that is very different from the norm.

I think that cookie has turned bum down again - i have been feeling 'kicks' in my foof and hiccups in my ribs....
Im seeing the mw next week so we shall see :/ she did say if she had any doubt at all she would send me for a scan which im hoping she will do - even if she is breech i will still deliver naturally at home but i would rather know in advance.... she told me i 'couldnt' have a home birth if she was breech so it will be an unassisted if she keeps that attitude

Surly she still has to attend, she has a duty of care and all that! Hope baby is head down though and you don't have to fight with the mw ha ha. Xx

I feel hiccups high up where LO's bum is and s/he is head down so you never know, your LO could still be head down!

Well, my MW seems to think that baby is head down! She said it will be easier in the next few weeks to feel.

I do seem to be measuring well ahead, but I think she is a bit generous in her measurements. No one has commented on me being huge, yet she measured me at 35 weeks.

sam#3, i hope your lil' one's head-down

samantha, yay for head-down!

Hi can I join in?? :wave:

OH and I are now planning for a HB! :D I had a good birth with my son - it was in hospital but unmedicated and with a MW. This time we would like it at home with just OH, MW, my son and I. Two things could go wrong though - 1. My iron is too low to have a HB at the moment so I'm on supplements!! 2. Bun was preterm, so there is a chance this one could be preterm too. And if it is, no HB for us.

Let's hope the iron goes up and LO sits tight until 37 weeks! xxx

Sun, my iron was low but my me said a dip around this point is expected an it should come back up. We will check it again at 36 weeks. She didn't seem worried at all.

yay for these babies turning! Hope my LO is next, hes still very much transverse although I think hes more hammock now than diagonal :dohh:

& yay, welcome sun :D

Hello Sun :)

Hope your LO decides to get its head down for you Blah.

I have to hope that my LO doesn't decide to put in an early appearance. I ordered a liner for the birth pool from the NCT shop and they're out of stock until 6th October. I can't believe that I'll be considered 'term' and eligible for a home birth from next Saturday!

Did anyone get to read that quote I posted in labor and birth? My pregnant brain I couldn't remember if I posted it here too. Anyways thought it was an awesome quote and I should share it! :)

"Birth is not only about making babies. It about making mothers, strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strengths." Barbara Katz Rothman

Just some encouragement that ALL women can birth naturally and find that inner strength.

Did anyone get to read that quote I posted in labor and birth? My pregnant brain I couldn't remember if I posted it here too. Anyways thought it was an awesome quote and I should share it! :)

"Birth is not only about making babies. It about making mothers, strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strengths." Barbara Katz Rothman

Just some encouragement that ALL women can birth naturally and find that inner strength.

I love this! :thumbup:

Wheeee hi Sun, bun and bun v.2!!

Good to see you missus, keep eating lots of vit C, leafy greens and take some spatone to get that iron up.

Here's hoping you keep bun v.2 in longer this time, you just missed out on be4ing a December star last time didnt you you naughty mare!?

Wheeee hi Sun, bun and bun v.2!!
Good to see you missus, keep eating lots of vit C, leafy greens and take some spatone to get that iron up.

Here's hoping you keep bun v.2 in longer this time, you just missed out on be4ing a December star last time didnt you you naughty mare!?

Thanks! :hugs:

Yes I was supposed to be mid-December and Bun decided to make an early exit on Nov 14!
There was lots of craziness and stress around that time though, so I think Bun v2 :)haha:) will stay in longer.

Dewi was younger than Bun will be, but what did you have set up for him?? OH and I are trying to figure out what to do with Bun - he's too young to understand apart from pointing at my tummy when I ask where's the baby and I don't want to scare him with any yelling or loud mooing lol.
And I know from my first experience that there will be lots of that! :haha:

We don't really have someone to help apart from the MWs - we are keeping it a secret as we are surrounded by people who are against the whole idea.

i have self diagnosed that I have PUPPP. gawd its itchy. on my left boob and i just want to cut the damn thing off!

sorry, not v useful post there, just having a moan.

have stupid useless consultants on monday after more useless growth scan so least they can make themselves useful!

hi sun :) i know you from someones journal, no idea whos tho :haha: . hope youre well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->