Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hey Sun :wave: have just replied to your thread re: toddlers and homebirths...though it's quite long and waffly i'm afraid :blush: :lol:

I have been practicing my natal hypnotherapy daily these past few days and i feel it's making a difference to my attitude already, i am starting to feel quite positive and "bring it on" whereas a few weeks back i was very much "Don't make me go through that again!"

I don't think i'm going to listen to it tonight though as i'm bloody knackered and about to fall asleep any minute!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! :hugs:

Hey Sun :wave: have just replied to your thread re: toddlers and homebirths...though it's quite long and waffly i'm afraid :blush: :lol:

I have been practicing my natal hypnotherapy daily these past few days and i feel it's making a difference to my attitude already, i am starting to feel quite positive and "bring it on" whereas a few weeks back i was very much "Don't make me go through that again!"

I don't think i'm going to listen to it tonight though as i'm bloody knackered and about to fall asleep any minute!

I'm going through the same! I keep reassuring myself that I did it last time, but then start panicking a bit about the possibilities/complications and just thinking too much! The good thing about Bun arriving early is I didn't have time to stress out over labour details - suddenly I was there and had to deal with it! :haha:

Are you taking a course or getting the info from books? x

Wide awake, in pain, can't sleep, hips are killing me so have got up and taken painkillers and chocolate cos I'm feeling sorry for myself. Tempted to wake up Paul (one of his favourite catch phrases is "one up, all up") but I think he might actually kill me once he found out I wasn't in labour. I've been so good and patient and chilled but I'm starting to feel sorry for myself now, which isn't like me. Ho hum. Can't be much longer now. Paul keeps saying that too, like a scratched record. Bah.

Thanks! :hugs:

Yes I was supposed to be mid-December and Bun decided to make an early exit on Nov 14!
There was lots of craziness and stress around that time though, so I think Bun v2 :)haha:) will stay in longer.

Dewi was younger than Bun will be, but what did you have set up for him?? OH and I are trying to figure out what to do with Bun - he's too young to understand apart from pointing at my tummy when I ask where's the baby and I don't want to scare him with any yelling or loud mooing lol.
And I know from my first experience that there will be lots of that! :haha:

We don't really have someone to help apart from the MWs - we are keeping it a secret as we are surrounded by people who are against the whole idea.

My mum had come to visit and was supposed to go home on my EDD but thankfully Stanley made his entrance on his EDD so Ma took care of Dewi, I was in labour full on come evening but I put Dewi through a bath and then bed then got on with labour...Ma hung out with me hubby and the MW's then when we transferred to hospitla she stayed hat home to take care of Dewi.

If she hadnt been around Hubby was going to take care of him until a mate could make it...we had 2 mated with kids say they could take him

sorry ive been awol girls got a dental infection and being on antibiotics for that and not been able to sleep much and been busy with my 3 yr old's first week at nursery. missed my MW appointment thanks to OH who promised we would be back in time but we werent and they couldnt rebook it for this week at the clinic and we are away next week so im gonna have to call her direct and get her to pop over for the appointment

Hope you're feeling better now lynnikins :)

I need to try and get my hands on a pool liner as the nct is out of stock until after my due date and the local doula who also sells them is out of stock :-( I'm not sure where to try now as I can't get the birth pool in a box site to take me to the liner page. Anyone got any suggestions for stockists who don't charge a fortune in p&p?!

Which pool is it for? I have a mini liner for a bpiab and la bassine liners. Not sure what the postage will be though - they're heavy!

It's a regular BPIAB, but thanks for the offer, Merv's Mum. Have looked on ebay but there's no regular liners at the moment :( I think everyone must be out of stock right now. I'll keep looking and hope I can find one. The alternative is using the pool without one but I've read Merv's Mum say the pools are horrible to clean without a liner so I'd rather not go down that route!

If you have a doula she probably won't mind but if pool duties are your OHs then you'll miss valuable cuddling time while he cleans it. It's a mare.

My client found one online on some random website this week. I knew stock in the main places was low but there are some out there if you trawl. :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! :hugs:

I'm going through the same! I keep reassuring myself that I did it last time, but then start panicking a bit about the possibilities/complications and just thinking too much! The good thing about Bun arriving early is I didn't have time to stress out over labour details - suddenly I was there and had to deal with it! :haha:

Are you taking a course or getting the info from books? x

I just have the Home Birth Preparation CD and i've been using that :thumbup:

hypnobirthing went out the window with me soon as labour started hahaha

altho i did remember to breathe thru the contractions this time rather then holding my breath like i did with zane

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-na...-look-after-homebirthers-hopefuls-thread.html

Wigglywoo has kindly offered but obviously she may well be too busy in 7 ish weeks!

Thanks PB :)

I'll be signing off for a while now peeps but I'll be thinking of all the hopefuls and may see some of you over on the Facebook group :wave:

Thanks PB :)

I'll be signing off for a while now peeps but I'll be thinking of all the hopefuls and may see some of you over on the Facebook group :wave:

oh I didn't know there was a facebook group, can any hopefuls join?

Take care MM :hugs:

Yes everyone welcome the group has the same name as this thread :) I think I linked in the first post too x

Oo now it's mine all mine! ;)

When I get on a PC later I'll update the contact details etc at the front. Please PM me any changes you'd like me to make so I don't miss any. :)

PB - OOH! I didn't know there was a list on the first page! Can you add me on November 28? Hoping for a HB with #2! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->