Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Just dont let them near you with the cuff during labour ha ha. Xx

I dont think they ever checked my blood pressure while I was in labour lol

I think I'd be tempted to not say anything more, and just deal with it if it happens at the time, surely it's less likely anyway at home if it was anxiety related. I'm seriously considering banning them from coming anywhere near me with that cuff, just the sight of it sends my BP rocketing.

I thinking had mine checked a couple of times but if hb goes to plan I wouldn't have thought the mw would be there until I'm in the swingbof things by which point I wouldn't want them faffing around taking my bp. X

lol mine was taken when i was induced with ds2 but not again till after he was born lol they didnt ask and i didnt either was done just after he was born though caus they were worried about me

Hello girls, I may or may not be a hopeful. I am waiting to hear back from the local homebirth centre to see if I qualify (with previous severe shoulder dystocia). I am still undecided between an elective cesarean or a home birth/birthing centre delivery but I can promise you one thing, I will not be pumped full of pitocin strapped to a bed!

So just waiting to hear back :) I will also have a doula regardless of delivery. I was 100% positive of a cesarean but I am still so inspired to do this "right" this time around. My friend inspired me - I was chatting with her last night when she was overdue, and then suddenly messaged me this morning to say she had her baby girl at home! In a span of a few hours! Amazing. That's everything that I want.

Shoulder dystocia is very rare isn't it, surly it wouldn't happen again! I'm with you on the not being strapped to a bed on pitocin!! Hope they agree to it for you. Xxx

Aliss I think the doula is great idea whichever way you go. And even if you did go for a CS then at least it will be a choice that you will have time to plan for and make sure things are done the way you want.
I think you are right to pick between a planned CS or a home/natural delivery.
I'm impressed you have names already, we have none and we're 23 weeks along!

Shoulder dystocia is very rare isn't it, surly it wouldn't happen again! I'm with you on the not being strapped to a bed on pitocin!! Hope they agree to it for you. Xxx

Thanks! Yes it is very rare but unfortunately if you have a child injured from it (like I did), your risk is higher next time around. But then again, I had 3 days of pitocin, waters broken 2x, induced when not favourable, epidural, morphine, good loooord it was a train wreck and SD waiting to happen! I do firmly believe that if all those horrid interventions hadn't took place, it wouldn't have happened.

Aliss I think the doula is great idea whichever way you go. And even if you did go for a CS then at least it will be a choice that you will have time to plan for and make sure things are done the way you want.
I think you are right to pick between a planned CS or a home/natural delivery.
I'm impressed you have names already, we have none and we're 23 weeks along!

Thanks! :) Haha yes we had the names chosen before this one was even conceived! Thank you, I really hope things work out better this time! I guess I will be needing their professional opinions about whether this SD is inevitable or if it was a man-made disaster!

3 days of pitocin! Absolute madness! Feel so sorry for you, sounds like you really went through it so not Supprised you want a perfect birth this time. You deserve nothing less. Xx

So I need you ladies to give me some advice as many of you know Im having baby Lilah at a free standing birth Center however the hospital is less then 2 mins away. I have been telling my MIL for the last 3 months that I will be having a birth center birth if all goes well! So im moving in with my in laws due to my husbands transfer in the military long story short I will be with them he will be in another state but will be there for the birth and 4 weeks total. I know that most birth centers send you home after about 6-8 hours after birth when I told my MIL this she was very concerned. She is an RN and so is her husband so going home makes me feel very safe but she said I will be so wore out I wont be able to function and being in a hospital with nuses to take care of baby is best I know she means well and she also said that this is my decision she just worries but she is making me freak out on weather I can handle being home Im sure I can but I have not had doubts untill she brought this up any advice on those first few days???

Over here if you have a straight forward birth your out of hospital in that period of time anyway. Personally the less time I spent in hospital the better, I was desperate to be in my own environment, price and quiet and have home comforts, i actually slept less in hospital than at home despite have a new born. And also I wanted to be the only one looking after my baby (obviously oh too). So if you feel you would do better at home after birth then definatly go with your plans, also your oh will be with you after the birth for a while as you said so if you are exhausted you can always have a nap and let him take care of lo for a bit. Xx

New borns sleep A LOT (in fact both of mine slept for 12 hours that first night as they were also exhasuted from being born), not always when you want them to but as long as you are flexible about when you sleep, you will find you get more sleep than when you are heavily pregnant. You will also be running on complete adrenaline after the birth which will see you through the first couple of weeks.

You'll be fine hon :hugs:

i had a doula....shame she missed the whole labour and birth tho lol but i thought id need her so its not a total waste of money

Thanks for the support I just hate being underminded like im stupid i know that wasnt her intentions but its just different circumstances then she is used to!

welcome, kiwi

blah, hope it's head-down now, and if it is, congrats!

sam, is that the same m/w you're using this time?

mum2b, we don't have names either, lol!

Navy, I had a c-section, and to be honest, if they would have offered to send me home after 8 hours, I would have done it!!! I hated being in the hospital. I hated the nurses coming to check up on us. I just wanted to be at home in my bed with my baby! There was NO way I wanted anyone taking care of my baby either. I wanted him as close to me as possible! I think you will be just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->