Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thanks. If there negative to it the screw em tbh. Not much more I can do. Will have to smile and nod and just let it wash over me if they're stressy. Got a natal hypno mp3 last night which seems like a compressed version of the tums2mums one so a good way to get everything covered in 30 mins before bed. Slept like a rock after it

Head down and engaged Sounds good. I suppose they're likely to stay that way once engaged? Would have to be quite determined to turn.

I have the MW tomorrow and im hopeful. I'm 90% sure hes head down and starting to engage.

Good news! My chiropractor confirmed baby is head down and has dropped. I was so worried this morning as suddenly my pelvis was hurting again, but noticed after swimming how much lower baby felt. Just now coming upstairs I could really feel the difference. Woo hoo!!!

Now we just have to wait!

yey all babies behaving well :)

just had osteopath and my next appt Ill be 36w and hes going to do some sort of balancing thing on my pelvis - he said theres no evidence that it brings on labour but some ppl have said it does!! I wouldnt mind having baby at 37w, but not 36w please. will just have to cross legs and keep him in there.

Just looking at my notes and even in establish labour Stanley was at 3/5h palp.

Both kiddos stayed fairly high - that caused the probs with Dewi, at least Stanley dropped to 2/5th after SROM and getting to wanting to push.

Little buggers making hard work or me...at least I never got that bowling ball between my legs for days/weeks before birth!

you just had made them such a lovely home that they were perfectly comfortable right up there :)

LOL the little shits loved it up under my ribs! OUCH!!!!

am elie was 2/5 palp until i was 6 or 7cm apparently :shock:

Cora didn't engage until my waters broke (at full dilation) and I felt her engage as she fell forcefully into my pelvis...........it was the only time in either labout that i yelped in pain!

Well that was it, Stanley was 3/5th when I was 7cm, and still 3/5th and turned to OP when 10cm only later when I got to hospital was he 2/5th

i lost my waters as soon as labour began (they broke before contractions) so idk why she didnt engage sooner. her head was tiny too (2nd centile) :shrug:

Sam, that is great news about head-down!!! so happy for you!

afm, had my m/w appt today, and based on feeling my stomach, she thinks baby's about 6lbs or so... Baby's not dropped at all.

I had AROM with Dewi but he was OP and had his chin stuck out hence why he didnt drop.

With Stanley my waters went well into labour...what did I say around 1 O'Clock? I reckon I was 9/10cm then, they went after transition (I reckon that was when I threw up - I was also real shaky).

They went with a bang though! No trickles here full on burst

Nate was fully engaged but his arm was caught so he didnt move any further lol hence the ventouse, EJ was 2/5 palp when i was induced and dropped fully before i was 5cm

I remember walking to the ambulance (HATE HATE HATE) at 10cm ready to go all but for urge to push and wondering why I didn't feel like baby would fall out LOL.

...I hated the walk not so much because I was going to hospital but because I simply did not want to move at all in labour - prob why he turned OP I was laying on my left side the entire time not upright and mobile like I had planned. I just really struggled to move at all. i shut my eyes and was in labour land moving was not part of that. Ergh it was gross, I got blood all over my vans too....bleurgh! I remember throwing my socks in the bin too...OMG I think I gave birth in socks BWAHAHAHAHAH

I was just wearing a t-shirt at home and covered with a sheet, so in hospital the same misus the sheet - I whipped off my t-shirt when I knew Stanley was coming but I dont recall the socks coming off at all. LOL

Oh i remember being moved to l&d from where i was labouring in triage and them asking me if I could walk upstairs and looking at them like they were MAD. I got pushed on a porters chair :rofl: I also cried a few tears on the way, idk why!

+ HAHA @ socks. I was labouring in my joggers and uggs for hours until i was moved to l&d at about 6cm i reckon.

I remember walking to the ambulance (HATE HATE HATE) at 10cm ready to go all but for urge to push and wondering why I didn't feel like baby would fall out LOL.

...I hated the walk not so much because I was going to hospital but because I simply did not want to move at all in labour - prob why he turned OP I was laying on my left side the entire time not upright and mobile like I had planned. I just really struggled to move at all. i shut my eyes and was in labour land moving was not part of that. Ergh it was gross, I got blood all over my vans too....bleurgh! I remember throwing my socks in the bin too...OMG I think I gave birth in socks BWAHAHAHAHAH

I was just wearing a t-shirt at home and covered with a sheet, so in hospital the same misus the sheet - I whipped off my t-shirt when I knew Stanley was coming but I dont recall the socks coming off at all. LOL

hey nothing wrong with socks!! i had a pair on when i had imogen :haha:. i didnt even realise until my mum and dad came after i had her and she said have you had them on all the way through ha ha!!

That made me chuckle - being upset you had your socks on!

This is baby number 5 and yet I don't ever recall feeling when the babies engaged. I feel so out of touch with my body sometimes or maybe I just so easily go along with whatever happens that my brain doesn't acknowledge it.
We're on holiday next week to the sunny South and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to survive the long drive? OH works down there so he will wait for me (he was going to drive 5 hours here so I didn't have to drive there bless him!)
I get uncomfortable just being in the car lately although I do find it worse as a passenger. At least driving gives me something to concentrate on rather than how I'm feeling.

I was in my scabby old PJ's for ages, I'd had a bath and got into them before laying down on the sofa contracting like crazy...I was still trying to kid myself it could be days LOL

I only took my PJ bottoms off when the MW was like errr I think we should get those off now love! LOL I'd put them back on after the first VE!

Ive been to my appointment. Had blood and protein in wee so on antibiotics for uti. Bp was fine, had to get iron checked again cos it was lowish last time too. Good news is baby is fine and head down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->