Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

To be honest I wouldn't even bother saying anything to her, sounds like she's already made up her mind!! Have they mentioned or offered an elcs though? And fudal Hight doesn't mean she'll have a big baby could be alot of fluid, has she had a growth scan? (although there not the most accurate ha ha). It's so sad that some people just want the easiest quickest option. Sounds like a couple of people I know and I don't talk to them about my hb, they don't know cause I know what the reaction will be!!

Have you got the cross over bras? That's what I've got and I'm a bit concerned using them in the pool so think I'm gonna get the more crop top style one so my boobs won't pop out ha ha but with the feeding clasps so I can feed easily as soon as possible. Xx

Shes basically demanded a cs and theyve agrees to book her in as she's had a cs before so I suppose it is an option for her. She's going against medical advise tho hehe which I might point out to her if she starts on me. Not had growth scans or anything and even if it is true that she's two wks ahead it's hardly mahoosive

I think I'm going to have to avoid them tbh. If they mention our plans again then I'll say that I disagree with their plans but said nothing so could they do the same (bloody MIL can shut up too while I'm on the subject, keeps asking me stuff like if I've decided to have a normal birth so ofc I say yes so she's like oh good going to hospital then how sensible and we get all tangled up. I'm not gonna label a hb abnormal tho)

Stupid thing is my Mum obviously disagrees but doesn't say so! It's the bloody inlaws. I knew this man would be trouble.

Sorry for the ranty post. 3am disagrees with me. Off to buy shit off eBay!

I wouldn't say anything to your SIL either. If she brings it up I'd just say something alon the lines of "you should know by now where I stand, and while I disagree I'm respecting your decision".

And :dohh: to MIL thinking a "normal birth" means hospital. What does she think was normal 100 years ago?

Mdh my though exacally if hospital was normal when why were people expected to have babies at home years and years ago!! Grrrrr some people eh!! yeh she sounds like my best friend who is over the moon that she isn't allowed to birth naturally ever again planned cs only! (episiotomy gone wrong!!) I mean you labour etc bloody hurts but I'd rather that than ever have a cs! i'dbe devastated if I couldn't do it naturally!

And I think some Drs are a bit too quick to give in!! If she's vbac'ed and it's only 2 weeks ahead then people shouldn't be allowed to request a cs! Especially if it's against their advice! Grrrr. Rant over ha ha. Anyway why are you up at this silly hour ha ha! I'm At work!! But my last night shift until 2013 yipeeeeeeeee. X

yeah she seems to have made her mind up, you can point her in the direction of information ypou you cant make her take it in and think about it.

A FH out by 2 weeks is nothing. My MW repeatedly told me when I was measuring a couple weeks behind at one point 1/2cm either side of your week is fine.

I would ask her if they are sending her for a further scan to confirm babies size (bearing in mind scans are up to 20% out - it even stated that in my green notes), becasue unless it gets confirmed by multiple sources its unreliable at best to go on a couple FH measurements.

Does she know about the risks of a 2nd CS?

She thinks it'll just be the same as her first c section but I don't know if they would have looked into risks of a second. Or maybe consultant has told her or not I dunno. Shes not having growth scans tho for sure. Either way I think she would just see it as acceptable risk. Seems totally mental to me. If she asks about ours I'm going to say that I rly don't want to talk about it as we obviously see things differently and just ask to change the subject. I don't wanna get into a row with my in laws, dh can challenge them if needs be

Seems mental to me but hey we're all different.

I would say that if she hasnt been booked for a growth scan then the MW is talking out of her arse as they commonly do.

The risks for a 2nd CS are increased over a 1st.

Hmmm let me grab you the link to the NHS birth after CS site that I was given at VBAC clinic she might like that as it's NHS

https://www.healthtalkonline.org/pregnancy_children_/making_decisions_about_birth_after_caesarean

Ok so its not NHS but it is recommended by the NHS...lol

Sil probably hasn't taken into account having 3 small people to care for this time either after what is still major surgery, and things like not being able to get out easily. I was constantly told Fi was going to be huge, at least 9lb plus (there's lots of me stressing on here about it this time last year lol) and she was born 7lb 8oz so actually my smallest! But yes, I think you need to agree to differ

Sounds like she's made up her mind to me too. Like everyone else has said FH measurements 2 weeks a head isnt anything to be concerned about. It just sounds like she found a CS easier the VB so thats what she's opting for. As for everyones stance on your birth, sounds like your not letting it get you down - so good for you. Just remember all the stats and go with the flow. You'll do amazing and then they can all eat their words. x

So my OH pumped up the birth pool yesterday (birth pool in a box - same one i used last time) and i checked on it before i went to bed and the middle and top side rings had started to deflate. Booo! So i brought a puncture repair kit of ebay last night and I'm going to do some investigating today. So the baby's not allowed to come before i fix or replace it. xx

My friend due 2 days after me had her baby this morning after a 6 hour labour. Really pleased for them both but gutted that I'm still waiting! 41 weeks today and nothing looking likely :(

My friend due 2 days after me had her baby this morning after a 6 hour labour. Really pleased for them both but gutted that I'm still waiting! 41 weeks today and nothing looking likely :(

:hugs:

Cranberry, your SIL sounds like she's just looking for an excuse for a section. My midwife had said that if I measured more than 3cm out (she said this when I was 2cm ahead) that I'd need a growth scan. When I eventually did start measuring 3cm ahead, she never requested the scan, as she just felt he was a big baby. She was a great midwife, and he was a decent size baby at 8lb 11oz. And of course the obstetricians are going to give in for a request for a section pretty easily. They are surgeons, after all. They like it because they can plan it and control it. I've heard obstetricians and paediatricians talking when they're pregnant, planning elective sections just because they feel more in control.

I've found the holes in my birth pool! yey! I hope the repair kit arrives soon.

Dont worry miss woo, I didnt have any niggles with Stanley at all until the day I went into labour,

With Dewi there was nothing not even a BH until 41 + a couple days then 2 days of prodromal labour

Well done on the birth pool repair work diz :) cross those legs til the holes are plugged!

I had my first proper massive bh today. Had a odd pokey circle of ow for a few weeks but this was proper bh no mistaking it. Now labelling pokey pain as a weird bh as it felt v similar

V exciting.

Chin up wigglywoo :) hope you're ok.

Aww wigglywoo, sorry you've had to wait extra long! (or what seems like it :) )

I really enjoy reading all these posts. Everyone is so much more knowledgeable than me! Homebirthing is still so taboo, but even moreso where I am. And also the fact that this is our first baby makes me feel a little ignorant!

Went to a local homebirth/natural parenting meet up today and I really enjoyed it! Got to meet some likeminded people but I feel like such an underdog.. hope they can teach me a thing or two ;)

Hope everyone is doing good havent been able to catch up so busy with the move

On a selfish note...buy my maternity clothes LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/charlie_is_a_dork/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->