Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thanks :D So pleased. He's facing my left with his feet tucked in just above my left hip.

this ones in a super weird position today, feels like hes having a good old poke about down there and hes super low. also had some pelvis pain but like inside, nothing scary painful just an ouch, was wondering if maybe he'd engaged. dont feel like john wayne bowling ball in knickers tho. have a growth scan monday so least itll be useful

im planning on buying a nice glam tankini for birthing in - in the pool ofc, and have a black nightie which will be quite forgiving/easy washable. no socks tho!!

with the 5 hr drive, Id get an audiobook or two. the new alan partridge one is supposed to be rly funny, havent started it yet but DH likes it. if you like alan that is. This is Cheese!

Guess baby's getting ready for the big day Blah :flower:

Great idea about the audio book Cranberry, thank you. Might have to intersperse it with nursery rhymes for LO though lol.

I want to look glamorous for this labour although seeing as I can't manage that on a normal day that might not be a realistic thought! I was thinking of wearing bikini in the pool but the thought of my old PJ's does make me feel cosy and relaxed.
I want pics this time as I haven't previously had them during/ straight after labour - wonder if I can book a make-up artist to come out with the MW? :haha:

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I introduced myself on the main forum but didn't realize that there was a chat thread in the sticky part. I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and we are seriously thinking about opting for a home birth this time around after 2 straight forward hospital births.

I had to laugh with the comment about being upset because you birthed in your socks as i'm always been told off to wearing socks in bed and birthing in socks sounds like my idea of heaven lol.

Hi Narie. Welcome!

I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to have this baby!! I wasn't prepared for it to be later than my first! DH will have to go back to work on Monday if I haven't had it by then :(. I know it's only 6 days over the guess date now and I wasn't expecting to be early, I'm just worried about DH being across the other end if the county when I need him (he works the whole of Cornwall so could be anywhere when I go into labour). I also have dd on half term next week and was hoping that baby would be here by then. I guess it has other plans :cry:

Hello girlies. Well my OH and i are putting the pool up to day as i am 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow!!!! its gone so quick!!!

I ended up having a scan on tuesday as one of my dogs sent me flying. Everything is fine but the Sonographer has me a little worried by saying 'wow this is a big baby' he's measuring on the 90th centile!!! DS1 was on the 25th and weighed 6lbs11.

welcome Narie,

owww owww owww was out on my feet all morning and baby is making me pay for it as if my PGP wasnt enough

Ive been to my appointment. Had blood and protein in wee so on antibiotics for uti. Bp was fine, had to get iron checked again cos it was lowish last time too. Good news is baby is fine and head down!

great news! congrats! :happydance:

Eeeeek my pool has been dispatched and just bought a liner off ebay for £15 in p&p!! cant wait to get it and put it up!
Blah glad everythings looking good and your LO is in right position, hope he stays that way this time!!

I had my mw feel my belly and asked if he was big. She said no, phew.

I'd like him to go ROA or turn to my left cos at the minute hes ROP so will have crappy back labour again if he stays :growlmad:

Well nothing new here yet apart from sharp pains down below... Back ache has started to really kick in..

Viewing a house on sunday to possibly move into however what happens if I move between my home birth home visit and giving birth? Do I have to have another home visit? or does it not matter?

God Idk what I want to birth in, everyone tells me I'll end up naked but my boobs are so heavy already that I'd like to at least wear a bikini top.. If I had it my way I'd birth with my trackpants on.. they're so comfy but the light grey fabric may never forgive me :haha: I'll just grab my favourite shirt from OH's drawer I think :flower:

i wear sleep bras to bed from mothercare which are like crop tops so think when i get into the pool i'll just have one of them on. with my mum probably been there i'd not want to be 100% naked ha ha.

Anyone got any idea what I can say to my SIL? She's been told that she's having a giant baby by mw (fundal height measuring two weeks ahead...) and has been scared into an elcs. Shes had an emcs and a vbac and consultant is fine for her to vbac again. I think it probably is best to elcs tbh as shes so convinced that she can't give birth to this baby so I think it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Thing is she keeps banging on about it and how shes pleased that they stopped trying to brainwash her into a natural birth (I'd love to know what consultant is advocating natural birth, can I have her please). They slate our plans for a home birth saying how risky it is and what if something goes wrong - forgetting that if I went to local birthing centre it would be a 10 mile trip to hospital. Our house to hospital is 10.6m.

I wouldn't tell her how i really feel about her elcs as she's an adult you know and can make her own decisions (i actually feel that shes done a vbac and is like phew that was hard, she found recovering from the cs easy so I rly think it's a case of too posh to push).

What on earth can I say tho? Theres only so many neutral mmming noises i can make.I've pointed her to the 15 tips for a cs on birth without fear, she's not too impressed with it and sees it as hippy shit in general (it's stuff like put a maxi pad on your scar, hardly dance round a field with the pixies)

Also. I wanted to check the privacy options on the fb group. Is it def private? Wondered about posting this there but worried she would see it

And I was thinking of the sleep bra thing (I use em too as boobs cannot be left to their own devices now) but I wondered if they might hold too much water and pour all over the place when I got out for a wee etc

I think if she started in on your birth, I would ask her if she wants to know what you honestly think about the choice she is making? Why is it OK for her to slate your birth, but not the other way around?

I was naked during my labor with Brennan, till I transferred, and I was just fine with it. I will probably just end up naked as well this time.

To be honest I wouldn't even bother saying anything to her, sounds like she's already made up her mind!! Have they mentioned or offered an elcs though? And fudal Hight doesn't mean she'll have a big baby could be alot of fluid, has she had a growth scan? (although there not the most accurate ha ha). It's so sad that some people just want the easiest quickest option. Sounds like a couple of people I know and I don't talk to them about my hb, they don't know cause I know what the reaction will be!!

Have you got the cross over bras? That's what I've got andvim a bit concerned using them in the pool so think I'm gonna get the more crop top style but with the feeding clasps so I can feed easily as soon as possible. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->