Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I think this is it for me :). Waters broke at 4am (either that or I've been slowly peeing myself all morning :haha:) and having regular, bearable contractions. Hoping to have a baby today! Woohoo!!

Horray! update us when you can sweetheart - sending positive oxytocin filled thoughts your way!

eeeeeek, so exciting! hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you, cant wait for updates. xxxxxx

This number 2 for wiggly isnt it?

baby could be here by now!

that would have been quick if she has!

I'm trying to think positive!

LOL I have 3 bitch bag mates who had their 1st babies from waters breaking to baby in arms in 6 hours or under!!!

Good luck wigglywoo! Glad things have finally started moving.

Well girls I'm officially out, I'm classified high risk with heavy bleeding (haematomas) and previous shoulder dystocia. Hopefully #3 will be smoother sailing. Thanks for the support and good luck on your future home births!!!

gutted for you hun. surely they might change their mind later in your pregnancy if things settle down though?

gutted for you hun. surely they might change their mind later in your pregnancy if things settle down though?

With the haematomas, yes, if it goes away then that's fine but apparently I'm at higher risk of placenta abruption. With the shoulder dystocia, it's a definite no-go because I've been refused home attendance/birthing centre, I'm not in the UK so I don't have the right to have it. It would have to be a UC and I'm not confident to do that with dystocia.

Doesn't mean you have to say goodbye Aliss!

We're still here to support you to get as natural birth as you can in the hospital!

Fantastic! :) Okay then I'm still here because if I'm not doing a section then I really need it to be natural, the whole pitocin/epidural thing was just, I can't even describe how horrible that was! I think if I have a green light for that, I'm going to try hypnobirthing and the pool

What have you been told about how your OB see's things going?

There's no reason you cant have a normal vaginal birth, every woman has a risk of dystocia yet we're all allowed to have a vaginal birth!

You've got plenty of time to work out plans for different eventualities from your ideal through to the less ideal.

What have you been told about how your OB see's things going?

There's no reason you cant have a normal vaginal birth, every woman has a risk of dystocia yet we're all allowed to have a vaginal birth!

You've got plenty of time to work out plans for different eventualities from your ideal through to the less ideal.

I'm not sure as I thought I was currently going through MC so she was more concerned about ruling out ectopics/determining viability, I have an appointment with her on Thursday. Her office seemed very pro VBAC (lots of forms/posters/etc) so I think this one will be more open minded

She did have an assessment form for shoulder dystocia risk and I only met 2 of the criteria (previous SD, baby +9lbs) but other factors (under 5 ft, BMI over 30, gestational diabetes) are not issues for me.

One thing that seemed a little off to me though is that this province's info booklet (I gave birth in another province last time) says that "epidural has no increased risk of C-section"...? Say what? But that was a provincial booklet given at the hospital and not in her office

This is the hospital we chose, it's 2 hours away by metro but it's 1,000,000x better than the one down the street from me, it seems to be pro-mom/baby
https://www.smhc.qc.ca/ignitionweb/data/media_centre_files/347/4 services.pdf

Thats good you've found a better hospital.

The info we're given here differs wildly by area even though it's all NHS, you know better than epi does not lead to increased CS rate so leave it at that.

Have a discussion with them, see what's happening with this bean and go from there, make sure you get all the answers you want - write down a list of Q's if needs be.

If they start scaremongering tell them to stop and go through all options reasonably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->