Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

aww lush pics. isnt it amazing that your body grew a person all by itself! no letters or application forms needed! amazes me every time I think about it.

Congrats hun! What amazing photos, you all look so proud of your accomplishment (especially big sis, hehe!)

aw well done wriggly shes gorgeous! and so so tiny. xx

re:wee in the pool, with imogen i didnt wee when in labour, i did when i was still moving about etc but once on the pitocin and the contractions were really bad i didnt. after i'd had my epidural the MW said i should try and put me on a bloody bed pan!!! i dont know how i managed it with no sensation etc down there but i did wee. then when they came in with the forceps they put in a catheter to empty my bladder (it didnt stay in was just used to drain then out it came)

so i dont know how it would work when everything is natural. i suppose when labours quite far on and your at the pushing stage if your bladders full you'll wee when pushing, but you wont know cause theres more important stuff going on down there haha!! otherwise im stumpped!!ha ha.

Congrats wiggly! Lovely pics - it all looks so peaceful and inviting :cloud9: Hopefully I can have #2 at home as we'll be a bit more prepared for getting an independent mw.

We have a postpartum doula! Going to an info session in 2 weeks to learn more.

Congratulations wiggly glad to hear everything thing went well. She's beautiful.

im all booked in for my home visit now to do the offical homebirth booking in lol MW didnt even do fundal height today she thought i was small though considering the size of my last baby

Congratulations wiggle she's beautiful - lovely pictures. Hope you find a name for her soon xxx :hugs::hugs:

Anyone offer any advice.... My lovely gran is travelling 2.5 hours up the road to come and visit me for two nights from Sunday. I am not comfortable with giving birth with her around, no matter how much I love her this is a personal experience for me and my OH to share.

If I do go into labour I just know that having her in the house will affect my progress. If I go into labour during the day then I'm sure she will travel back home. But what do I do if I go into labour during the night? I can't very well wake her up and ask her to leave. I know that im probably worrying unduly because the likelyhood of me going into labour while she's her is small but I'm still anxious about it.

I don't feel that I can ask her not to visit. I don't know what I expect any of you to say to me ... Maybe just point and laugh..? :dohh:

Could you find her a b&b? Just be open about it with her and say that youre anxious you'd go into labour at night and would prefer it just to be you and OH to minimise the amount of fuss and people around.

hun chances are you wont go into labour while your nervous about going into labour lol if its making you unsettled your body probably wont even bother trying

That's my thinking. I just won't be relaxed enough to go into labour. Xx

Do you have any other family nearby your Gran could stay with?

:happydance::happydance:
finally my pool arrived yesterday! imm had to try it out, bit of a dodgy pic though lol.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe