Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm in the same boat Blah. My mother was down this past week do we could do loads of cooking to put in the freezer, and only got half cooked. Oh well. I got one meal done today and 3 planned for tomorrow. I also need to get my birth bags packed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's not ready. Although it seems everyone is at least on their way there - I literally have clothes and nappies for the baby. No pool yet, no pushchair, no cot :-(
We went shopping at the weekend and got nothing for baby but it is at the forefront of my mind this week.
Congrats to Nyn - hopefully baby is well on it's way?
I find I'm worrying more now I've decided on a HB. Previously I have just gone with the flow and trotted off to hospital and now I'm so scared something will happen that will mean I do not get my HB. I still have a worry baby is going to come early so I'll definitely be crossing my legs for the next 2 weeks to get to week 37!

My mother was down this past week do we could do loads of cooking to put in the freezer, and only got half cooked.. I got one meal done today and 3 planned for tomorrow.

That is the one thing I wish I had done last time with LO and will have to put "cook meals" on my to-do list.
It would be a godsend to be able to pull something out of the freezer ready to throw in the oven as I'm guessing having a new baby, a toddler and 3 olders girls will be pretty hectic!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's not ready. Although it seems everyone is at least on their way there - I literally have clothes and nappies for the baby. No pool yet, no pushchair, no cot :-(
We went shopping at the weekend and got nothing for baby but it is at the forefront of my mind this week.
Congrats to Nyn - hopefully baby is well on it's way?
I find I'm worrying more now I've decided on a HB. Previously I have just gone with the flow and trotted off to hospital and now I'm so scared something will happen that will mean I do not get my HB. I still have a worry baby is going to come early so I'll definitely be crossing my legs for the next 2 weeks to get to week 37!

im starting to feel quite nervous too!! but i think that experiencing natural labour too as i was hooked upto high doses of pitocin with imogen! ended up with epidural and forceps. so dont have a clue what transition or birth feels like (i wont say pushing as im wanting to try and breath the baby out) or how i'll cope. i mean being at home you have to cope but im scared i'll loose it! also im terified of tearing! everythings swollen and delicate down there(was never like this with imogen) and even dtd leaves me with grazes (sorry tmi!!) and with an epi scar as well which is feeling more prominent its really playing on my mind! less han 4 weeks till full term, its getting a bit too close now ha ha. xx

I've heard loads do this cooking thing but is it rly that useful? Getting a jar of sauce and putting chicken in can't take that much longer than heating something from frozen can it? Esp if you have to make veg to go with too. I'm a shocking cook so will have to get dh to do it if it's rly that useful.

I think with the worrying about hb thing more than hospital it's because generally when women go into hospital they do it quite unthinkingly and just turn their care over to the mw/drs so it's almost like it's not the mums responsibility iykwim. Having a hb and making decisions about all these things means theres almost no one else to blame if something doesn't go according to plan. Sounds a bit morbid maybe. Bit of positive visualisation needed I reckon! Big red cross through negative image and replace with lovely image of baby squirting out at home and you grabbing it for a cwch :)

cwch made me smile ha ha!! im not cooking and feezing meals!! i found after having imogen was the only time OH has ever been domesticated so i think i'll take advantage of that again and let him do it all mwah ha ha!

i do block out alot of the negitive thoughs but every now and then i have a really good think about it! im not scared just worried of the bits ive not experienced becuase if how things went with imogen. keep thinking in hospital they have the epidurals, but i dont want one! i was heart broken when i ended up having one with the pitocin. i want to know what natural feels like, its an experience i want to go through, come out the other side and say its not that bad lets do it again ha ha! just hope the hypnobirthing/visualisation works, i visualised when having imogen, that got me through a good few hours of back to back contractions (to find out i was only 4cm at the end of it!!)

think im gonna refuse repeat VE's this time, might have one initially to see where i am but not gonna decide until its happening and the MW is here. i dont want that dissapointment again.

Ive still not tested my birthpool yet lol It will more than likely just go up for the main event and hope for the best lol Been way to busy this is going to be the first day I have not spent in the new house

Oh I do hope nyn is in labour at home now!!!

Ive still not tested my birthpool yet lol It will more than likely just go up for the main event and hope for the best lol Been way to busy this is going to be the first day I have not spent in the new house

Check your pool woman!!!! Mine had a hole in it :dohh: How the house coming along? x

definatly check it! it only took a few mins to inflate, at least you'll know its ok and ready even if you dont do a full trial run of filling it. xx

Ok I will inflate it tonight I have the electric pump so should be easy :haha: Going well Mainly just some new flooring/wall tiles and cleaning then we can be fully in! Aim to be in this weekend eeek!

I've heard loads do this cooking thing but is it rly that useful? Getting a jar of sauce and putting chicken in can't take that much longer than heating something from frozen can it? :)

Oh my goodness yes! I am really getting into freezing foods. A few months ago my DH & I spend two days cooking and freezing. It's been so nice to just be able to grab something out of the freezer and throw it in the oven. I am also really into clean eating, which is making loads of stuff from scratch, so it ends up saving me loads of time. I try to make a really balanced meal that contains grains, veg and protein. While I love to cook, I don't have the energy to do it every day.

For those of you asking about TENS machines, I had the labour TENS from Lloyd's Pharmacy. Nice and cheap, but it did a great job! I still have it and have even bought new gel pads ready for next time!

It looks a bit different to mine that I bought nearly two years ago, but I think it's just a newer version. And it's half price. TENS linky.

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if they sell tens in actual boots shops or just online? Their own make has brilliant reviews and on thurs they are having another spend £50 get £12 on your card so was thinking of getting it but I've never really noticed them inshore (well suppose I've never needed to look ha ha).

i think the larger stores have them i know the bigger ones near me do

hopefully they'll have one where im going on thursday then. x

Inflated the pool last night nice and quick was still nice and solid this morning!! Took longer to let the air out than it did to fill it up when I needed to take it down :haha:

it is quite sturdy, i was really suprised even though all the reviews said so too ha ha! it does take longer to deflate, after it took no time to go up i kept saying am i doing this right! ha ha, then all of a sudden it started going down!

Good stuff! I'm glad each of your pools are good to go! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->